watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

IN light Rod Stewart crying at Celtic. Have you ever cried a Fulham match

Started by mr-ska, November 09, 2012, 09:18:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarv

Watery eyed at the final whistle in the cup final and when the late goal at Europa final went in. There was just no time to get it back.

vagrant

Only once.  When John Mitchell scored with virtually the last kick of the game against Birmingham in 1975 semifinal.

After the replay, the extra time and everything that went on before, it all just seemed so unreal.

LRCN

never. but i was closest when we drew 2-2 at derby and then it was very realistic that we would be relegated.

epsomraver

Quote from: vagrant on November 09, 2012, 01:28:43 PM
Only once.  When John Mitchell scored with virtually the last kick of the game against Birmingham in 1975 semifinal.

After the replay, the extra time and everything that went on before, it all just seemed so unreal.

Remember being behind the goal for that one and the ball seemed to creep oh so slowly over the line!

hurricane_nz

Hamburg semi final at the cottage along with many other people that night! Wasnt very happy after the final but dont think I shed any tears!

bill taylors apprentice

I shed a tear at the last home game before we went to loftus road. i really didnt think we we would return, and again when we returned.

MOR :

Not at the game but when I got home and spent a bit of time by myself reflecting on what might have been...(1975 FA Cup Final)...

cebu

I live abroad and only get to see Fulham on TV or Internet feed, but Juve got me a little misty eyed ... the Hamburg game on the other hand had me suffering from a distinct case of impairment of vision, aka   :012:

Burt

Burt

And at Vicarage Road when we lost 4-0 in the Bobby Campbell days and went down. Not so much because of that, but because of the coin that was thrown at me from the home fans on the other side of the safety barrier.

Count Berbatov

Read all of the responses in this thread. So much history. Some touching memories. Happy for you guys, for being part of it and the history of the club and being behind it in its highs and lows
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Jack Fulham

Murphy winner at Pompey. How we managed to stay up that season I will never know.

EJL

I was inconsolable at the final whistle of the Europa League Final.

SG

The final home game of the season on promotion to the Premiership. As the team were presented after the game and there was Chris Coleman lifting the trophy. Was trying to take photos and could not see a thing. It was a dream come true and it had been a long 33 years of support since the previous top flight game.

MJG

I do remember being upset pretty much all of the 79-80 season. It was my first full season of watching fulham every game I could (well as much as you can at 13) and of course we got relegated. this combined with a crap home life (mother & father breaking up) led to many nights crying under the covers after another loss.

Berserker

Felt very depressed on occassions,  but look horrific if i cry, so being vain try to avoid it at all costs. If we beat Barcelona though i wouldn't be able to hold myself  back with tears of joy.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

SaltfordWhite

Bristol Rovers hammered us at home in the playoffs and Scotty got himself sent off.

That was tough to take.

malcbridger

Yup, at Selhurst park (68-69 I think?). Fulham were 2-0 up at half time, with a very portly Johnny Byrne playing for us and I think Frank Large was involved. As a solitary Fulham fan attending a Croydon school it was tough! Anyway, Palace scored 3 in the second half and were champions, blub, blub.

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

ffc73

So many memories in this thread and "I was there moments" when my emotions would have been at either extreme.  Train journey back from Watford in 79/80 and relegation, Bristol Rovers play off defeat, Europa Final, Clay & Bulstrode to Juve, Pompey, promotions all the way to the Premiership etc etc etc

Actually cried?  Hamburg at home.  My Dad who does not come to many games was there and we with more grown men than I can remember wept for joy that night.