watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stronger morale in the Fulham squad

Started by NogoodBoyo, November 10, 2012, 05:54:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NogoodBoyo

If they show it on MOTD tonight, there were two things that were heartening to see as a Fulham supporter.
1.  Berbatov really enjoyed the game today.  Lots of humerous digs and conversations with Phil Dowd
2.  The team came together for a giant, manly group hug after the final whistle.  This appears to have been instigated by Hangeland with 40 year old Schwartzer in like Flynn with Duff, the late sub who could have been understandably aggrieved at having lost his starting position after such a strong start to the season.
These are good signs for the season as this is a new team, a new squad with a whole new set of leadership and political machinations to deal with after the disruption to the heart and soul of the squad in August.
Nogood "doesn't do group man hugs, but very pleased to see it, I was" Boyo

YankeeJim

Come on NogoodBoyo, I need a hug. Fulham is love innit?   :dft001:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Enter the Frei

http://gyazo.com/258a0c17d211b55118bedd8b22a3db06

Always nice to see things like this on twitter as well, unfortunately can't see Petric getting much more game time any time soon though :(

Berserker

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Jol and Breda had a cuddle also ....................... perhaps they were congratulating each other on their new contracts

Oiseau

Quote from: KCat on November 10, 2012, 10:14:44 PM
Jol and Breda had a cuddle also ....................... perhaps they were congratulating each other on their new contracts

In all seriousness, Jol looks like the sort of person who gives really good hugs.  :021:

leonffc

On the other hand,I worry sometimes at Berbatovs body language. His shoulders drop a lot and he often berates players for mistakes. If they accept this then fine but it could impact on team spirit.
I will add though, I was watching him last week v Everton and he was encouraging Kaca as well as telling him to calm down when needed.

NogoodBoyo

I sometimes worry about that, Leon, but the players seem to accept it.  Berba actually lost the ball a couple of times today when he wasn't under too much pressure.  Nobody - not even the commentators - dared berate him.  And, after giving Kaca a hard time for taking a good hard shot (straight at the keeper) instead of squaring it to Berba, it was quite funny a few minutes later to see Kaca play a lovely through ball to Berba with just the keeper to beat.  He was a bit too slow in getting to it; the defender came from behind and nipped it off his toe.
Still, the man's a genius and very entertaining.  I suspect he'll be good for team morale if we keep picking up points no matter how much he gesticulates and shouts, but he could be a liability if we were to lose a few.  That's not a scenario I want to consider.
Nogood "hoping the Bulgarian gets a bag-full, isit" Boyo

JackyFulham90

Berbatov is top class he brings the best out of other players, yes he moans a lot but he wants to win

MurphLegend

Nogood boyo,
i wouldn't worry to much berba's a top professional and i'm sure if things were to swing south (God forbid), he'd be the man to pull us up out of the muck. too much commentary on body language lets have a look at the man's done on the pitch. he's been so class they could lock up him with his dad.

if you don't get that then google it

The Bronsons

Players will take criticism from somebody they like and respect, and judging from the interaction they seem to respect and like Berbatov. And Kaka in particular looks like he is thriving under a mix of criticism, instruction and praise.

NogoodBoyo

I didn't see Berba take on the handsome Iranian though.  Baird, Sidwell and Schwartzer seemed to be the principal recipients of his advice.
Nogood "best not to tangle with him perhaps, isit" Boyo

glenhodgso

I seem to remember that Uncle Danny could offer "advice" to his team mates on regular occassions - especially after he had given the ball away.....

Kent Cassandra

Oh how I remember the 'Johnny Haynes Shrug and he was also fond of a bit of verbal against his own players. The only time I can remember anyone having a go back when his best mate Tosh Chamberlain swore at him  and got booked for foul language. Having said that all the players who played with him thought he was a good bloke and a very effective captain.  I think that like Haynes. Berbatov loves responsibility and making him skipper might not be a bad idea.
Cornish Cassandra 1996, Don Quixote 2002, Kent Cassandra 2009.