watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Points dropped from winning positions

Started by Enter the Frei, November 10, 2012, 06:48:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Enter the Frei

up to 14 now, in fact we've been in the lead in every single game except the West Ham one. Aggravating, annoying but yet it is still a promising stat. We've shown we're more than capable of going in front, but we're looking all to frail in the moments after we score.

If anyone has a stat on the number of goals we've conceded within 5 minutes of scoring I'm guessing it would be a high number

YankeeJim

This is an area of concern. However, how many times have we come back from 2 nil in any match, much less in a "big team's" house?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

ffc73

Yes it's a concern but if the price is that we actually look like and ARE scoring away from home than that's fine by me. 0-2 at the Emirates not so long ago would have been 0-4 if we were lucky

Whitby Fulham

Can you explain 14 points drop comes from.
Reading 2 dropped
Southampton 2 dropped these two are away matches
Arsenal away take a point any day of the week
Everton at home is that a point gained
Man city at home yes points dropped
I always look at the same way when I play golf if I drop 4 shots to par and I think that all of them should have been avoided then possibly it should have only 2 shots dropped as I might have made a couple of up and downs for par's.
so lets wait till the mid or end season,but yes it does need sorting.

Enter the Frei

The 14 points dropped is just that when we've been in the lead we have conceded goals to not win the game.

Arsenal 3-2 -> 3-3
Southampton 2-1 -> 2-2
City 1-0 -> 1-2
United 1-0 -> 3-2
Reading 2-1/3-2 -> 3-3
Everton 1-0 -> 2-2

we conceded within 10 minutes of scoring in 4 of those 6 (at Reading twice). Our defensive problems may lie in concentration rather than just simply bad defending.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Enter the Frei on November 10, 2012, 08:21:18 PM
The 14 points dropped is just that when we've been in the lead we have conceded goals to not win the game.

Arsenal 3-2 -> 3-3
Southampton 2-1 -> 2-2
City 1-0 -> 1-2
United 1-0 -> 3-2
Reading 2-1/3-2 -> 3-3
Everton 1-0 -> 2-2

we conceded within 10 minutes of scoring in 4 of those 6 (at Reading twice). Our defensive problems may lie in concentration rather than just simply bad defending.

The City, United and Everton goals were all scored early in the match to give us a lead, so whilst it is technically points dropped, its not the same as the Reading and Southampton points dropped which were late in the game when we should have held on

Enter the Frei

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on November 10, 2012, 08:26:19 PM

Arsenal 3-2 -> 3-3
Southampton 2-1 -> 2-2
City 1-0 -> 1-2
United 1-0 -> 3-2
Reading 2-1/3-2 -> 3-3
Everton 1-0 -> 2-2

The City, United and Everton goals were all scored early in the match to give us a lead, so whilst it is technically points dropped, its not the same as the Reading and Southampton points dropped which were late in the game when we should have held on

I agree it's just part of the stat. They're not the goals I'm personally concerned about it's more the ones just after scoring against Reading, Soton and even Arsenal today.

No matter how great it was to see Schwarzer save that last minute pen, we could of won that today and done something really historical if we'd held our concentration and shown a bit of that Hodgson steel.

Ordar

With the Hodgson "steel" we also wouldn't have scored 3 goals away to be fair. I'd rather us be entertaining. Scoring goals is the hard part, which we've well and truly sorted, won't take much to improve the defence. Unfortunately I think that means a CM partner for Diarra and 2 CBs who are better at attacking the ball.

bugsy

Arsenal 3-2 -> 3-3
Southampton 2-1 -> 2-2
City 1-0 -> 1-2
United 1-0 -> 3-2
Reading 2-1/3-2 -> 3-3
Everton 1-0 -> 2-2

Arsenal AT Arsenal (0-2) after 25 mins - 2-2
"City"  1-2
Man U AT Man U  2-3
Everton   2-2
Spare me your points dropped.
11 games
16 points
8 in the league
+5 goal dif.
2nd in goals scored

bugsy

Enter the Frei

Quote from: Ordar on November 10, 2012, 08:38:21 PM
With the Hodgson "steel" we also wouldn't have scored 3 goals away to be fair. I'd rather us be entertaining. Scoring goals is the hard part, which we've well and truly sorted, won't take much to improve the defence. Unfortunately I think that means a CM partner for Diarra and 2 CBs who are better at attacking the ball.

I agree with a lot of that to be honest, I love the way we're playing now it's amazing to watch if a little nerve racking, but I am just looking for a way to improve.

Don't get me wrong I'm more than happy with the position we're in in the league, the football we're playing, the talent we have at this club. It may just be the perfectionist in me but I'd love to see us really achieve something with this side and I'm just sharing a stat I found which shows an area we could improve in.

zander

Arsenal 3-2 -> 3-3
Southampton 2-1 -> 2-2
City 1-0 -> 1-2
United 1-0 -> 3-2
Reading 2-1/3-2 -> 3-3
Everton 1-0 -> 2-2

I guess it proves the old adage that your at your weakest after you've scored is true.

MisfitKid

Quote from: bugsy on November 10, 2012, 08:51:14 PM

Arsenal 3-2 -> 3-3
Southampton 2-1 -> 2-2
City 1-0 -> 1-2
United 1-0 -> 3-2
Reading 2-1/3-2 -> 3-3
Everton 1-0 -> 2-2

Arsenal AT Arsenal (0-2) after 25 mins - 2-2
"City"  1-2
Man U AT Man U  2-3
Everton   2-2
Spare me your points dropped.
11 games
16 points
8 in the league
+5 goal dif.
2nd in goals scored

My head hurts...   fp.gif
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

mickybrown100

I hate to say this, but I think we should give Senderos a game. See what Hangeland is like without Hughes, because I think that Hughes is making Hangeland a poorer player.

f5shooter

Quote from: mickybrown100 on November 10, 2012, 11:32:40 PM
I hate to say this, but I think we should give Senderos a game. See what Hangeland is like without Hughes, because I think that Hughes is making Hangeland a poorer player.

+1.  Just said somethng similar in another thread.  Let's give Senderos another go in the center.  SOmethng seems amiss with the Hangeland/Hughes pairing.

We looked dangerous all day today and to think we still have Rodallega (who I don't rate at the moment) and Petric (Who I think would be great as a 2nd CF with Ruiz behind him and Berb) who didn't see the pitch!