watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Players 'poppy' shirts worn against Arsenal on ebay for Royal British Legion

Started by LBNo11, November 12, 2012, 09:18:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berserker

How much is Duff's at now? I've only got the Martin Jol one i won. I'd love Damien's.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Berserker

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Burt

Burt

Oiseau

Quote from: Berserker on November 13, 2012, 09:56:37 PM
By the way do you think they were washed first?

This is a conundrum. I've always wondered what you do if you get given/catch a player's shirt after a match.

Should you wash it? It's going to be pretty smelly and gross but isn't that the point of a match worn shirt? I'd be tempted to air it and then frame it, but might it go mouldy if something if it's unclean?

MOR :

Quote from: Oiseau on November 13, 2012, 10:14:12 PM
Quote from: Berserker on November 13, 2012, 09:56:37 PM
By the way do you think they were washed first?

This is a conundrum. I've always wondered what you do if you get given/catch a player's shirt after a match.

Should you wash it? It's going to be pretty smelly and gross but isn't that the point of a match worn shirt? I'd be tempted to air it and then frame it, but might it go mouldy if something if it's unclean?

Febreze it...

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Doesn't the grass stains and such make it more valuable ???, authentication markers if you like
and wouldn't you frame it  ???

I wonder if the players are bidding on their own shirts ??? If I was a player  I think I would !!!!

MOR :

Quote from: KCat on November 13, 2012, 10:29:24 PM
Doesn't the grass stains and such make it more valuable ???, authentication markers if you like
and wouldn't you frame it  ???

I wonder if the players are bidding on their own shirts ??? If I was a player  I think I would !!!!

Not 100% sure but don't the players have access to 3 x shirts per game...

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Three shirts with poppies ...really ??

I would bid on my shirt,  to drive the price up  !! ........................ I'm a prideful creature and I am assuming some of the players are also.  I wouldn't mind getting Sidwell's shirt, I am  glad to see there are some bids for Stockdale's   shirt

sunburywhite

Richardson's one has to be a bargain, never even got dirty or sweaty
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Berserker

I wouldn't wash it. If it had been signed then that might wash out or smudge. My Martin Jol shirt is packaged up in tissue paper. I might put in a last minute bid for Damian's if the price isn't too high, i expect it will be by the end of the auction though.

- Martin Luther King Jr.

epsomraver

If you get fed up with the Jol shirt you could always give it to the local scout group as a tent :011:

Riversider

I'm currently the highest bidder for the Mark Schwarzer shirt ! Blow the whistle ref !!!! oztralian

Senior Supporter

Quote from: Riversider on November 14, 2012, 09:37:39 AM
I'm currently the highest bidder for the Mark Schwarzer shirt ! Blow the whistle ref !!!! oztralian

Mr Riversider you've been conned. There isn't a Schwarzer shirt (he wears a jumper).   :005:

Berserker

Quote from: epsomraver on November 14, 2012, 08:59:12 AM
If you get fed up with the Jol shirt you could always give it to the local scout group as a tent :011:

Actually it's only a large. Not sure how he actually got it over his head!! Think they just got him to sign a shirt they thought would fit me

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Riverside

Quote from: Riverside on November 13, 2012, 08:29:13 AM
Great idea .
We should have some fun tracking how much will be raised by this .
If only to keep it top of mind and get the max for a very good cause .

I will open with £20,000 total
Berba highest with £2500
Stockdale lowest with £300

So far
Berba highest on £1650
Richardson lowest on £122

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: sunburywhite on November 14, 2012, 05:14:31 AM
Richardson's one has to be a bargain, never even got dirty or sweaty

Well,  in that case I am going to bid on the Senderos shirt,  it must be still in the sealed pack
or at the very least have the fold marks

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

dlc

Noticed that the signed jimmy Bullard shirt has only managed ten pound fifty at the moment though!! Lol