News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

OK so berbatov is 31, is he here to stay....

Started by leonffc, November 13, 2012, 11:01:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cebu

Quote from: sunburywhite on November 14, 2012, 05:11:39 AM
I hope he stays as he has bought some kind of magic to the club

Also if he stays then next season all the pillocks can start writing how his legs have gone and we should get rid of him like Murphy. If we start this next season we should be able to get at least another three seasons out of the thread

May it be so, sir. I'm already looking forward to it!   :011:

Ordar

You can see when he plays for us that he's really enjoying himself, it really was a massive signing for us. He actually works alot harder on the field than he is given credit for, and is a real leader out there. I have no problem with him giving players advice and criticism on the field, will only help to improve the side.

As was mentioned previously, we need to get Jol tied down to a longer contract, 5 years or something. He's really building something here, the football is fantastic and we have so many different options in the squad now, (surely one of the strongest in the league. Not many other sides could lose their 2 "best" players in the last couple days of the transfer window and still be as competitive as we are)

Hopefully the very good press our football is generating, plus the presence of Berbatov, Ruiz, Riise, Diarra etc will entice a couple more high quality signings to come in and make this season very interesting

Bassey the warrior

I'm not sold to be honest. He's never been known for his loyalty. We need to show him we can match his ambitions. We need him a lot more than he needs us.

TonyGilroy

Quote from: The Moose on November 14, 2012, 01:33:14 PM
I'm not sold to be honest. He's never been known for his loyalty. We need to show him we can match his ambitions. We need him a lot more than he needs us.

5 years at Beyer Leverkausen, 3 at Spurs and 4 at United seems reasonably loyal by today's standards.

Would he have ambitions at 31 if maximising income isn't top of his agenda. If it was he wouldn't have left United.

ffcbulgaria

A few points from his latest interview in the Bulgarian press although it seems a bit stitched from previous ones or they might be only so dumb to ask the same questions again.

Will he miss the trophy hunt?
Probably will. Knows we can't win every game and admits he might get annoyed if we lose a few in a row. Will also miss the Champions League games but is more happy that he's playing again.

Will Fulham be his last club?
Doesn't know. Wants to play 'till 40 but says he is no keeper/Maldini/Giggs. Wants to play in England a few more years.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: TonyGilroy on November 14, 2012, 01:45:26 PM
Quote from: The Moose on November 14, 2012, 01:33:14 PM

5 years at Beyer Leverkausen, 3 at Spurs and 4 at United seems reasonably loyal by today's standards.

Would he have ambitions at 31 if maximising income isn't top of his agenda. If it was he wouldn't have left United.

In both cases he left when a big move came and he'd been assured he would be a regular starter. I'm not saying he'll leave for just anyone, I'm saying if a big move comes he'll go just like any other player. There's nothing particularly wrong with it, I just hope that day never comes.

Junichi

I can see him staying, for at least another season. He's enjoying his football, and seems to be relishing in such an important role at a club, such a difference from what he went through at United.

Big Marty is also a factor in this, he seems to get the best out of him.

Unless we sink into a pit of despair, with a lot of losses in a row (which I doubt is going to happen) He should seem content with life at the Cottage. He's done it all in European football, in terms of playing at the highest level, and in the biggest competitions. I think he genuinely wants to help the club progress, and we will, with such a player in our squad.