News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

OK so berbatov is 31, is he here to stay....

Started by leonffc, November 13, 2012, 11:01:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leonffc

...... Or will he break our hearts?

The romantic in me says he's found happiness and will see out his career with us.
The Fulham fan in me sees him leave at the end of the season for one last shot at Champions League football.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

I think so Leon .................... he is ours now,  the love affair will be long !!!
He has been around the block and seen what is and isn't there, his wifie will love it (don't they all ?)
If we wanted to,  we will not be able to get rid of him
....................... I almost bumped into Alain Goma after the Everton game !!!!

shnlwswlkr

He had the chance to go off for all that, but he came to us.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

leonffc

haha really Kcat? Its about time you came and bumped in to your old pals again is it not?

And both you and shnlwswlkr (what sort of name is that? awkward to type!!) are probably right. It just hasn't sunk in yet!!

JackyFulham90

I think Berbatov will stay at Fulham aslong as Jol is our manager

Admin

Yes KCat I agree with Leon, maybe your'll pop in and see us... Sunday?? It's been way to long.

Anyway, it was his wife that wanted a return to London, apparently she is in love with the place, who can blame her. Oh, and he also turned down a move to Spurs over us so what does that tell you?

I think as long as Jol is here, Berbatov is here to say and like you he's 31, been there, done that and just enjoying his football.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

I can no longer handle strong liquer !! ................. however , the football is getting so damn exciting,
if it continues  I may have a shandy before kick- off !!

Not  there on Sunday, Frenchie will be giving it hell in the back row of  H block
and I am sure he will do me proud  ................... I might make to for the Toon game though

Admin

Quote from: KCat on November 13, 2012, 11:38:34 PM
I can no longer handle strong liquer !! ................. however , the football is getting so damn exciting,
if it continues  I may have a shandy before kick- off !!

See you in the west country/rockwells then  082.gif

The Rock

Yeah as long as Jol is here, he stays.

How you been Leon? Hope no long napping on any train rides up north and back ;)

Thing is - Berba is all skill, some pace, maybe. So in 3 years time, his impact really doesn't  change that much does it? I thought from a longevity standpoint Jol knows him and saw that straight away. I personally think Jol and Berba + Ruiz is something more special than the club has ever seen - at least since the 60's. And within wage demands. You and the gang see more games than I, but it's the real deal I think...

Count Berbatov

I guess he's made that choice already. If he didn't join Juventus now, or Spurs, or whoever else's offer might have been on the table, then he won't. Or simply move on with Jol.
Let's hope.. This would be a great place for both to retire
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Lighthouse

This is a joke right. Like all Pro footballers he will leave us as soon as a better offer comes along. A bigger club will see he is worth a couple of years and he will go to them.

For goodness sake let's not pretend that we can keep anybody because of their love for the manager or our club. It just isn't so.  Enjoy it while he is here. He will soon be off given half a chance.

075.gif
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Yellow Jacket

He's not going anywhere. He's 31 and made the move to Fulham passing up a CL team in Juventus.

itombomb

I reckon there is a decent chance that this time next year we will find out Fulham have exercised a theretofore unreported third year option in his contract.

Count Berbatov

Ok, if London is what he likes and CL football, then Chelsea would be the only club he'd go to. In all honesty, they'd do with him. Torres is a shadow of himself, plus their playing style will fit him perfectly. Not to mention Abramovich' check book...
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

sunburywhite

I hope he stays as he has bought some kind of magic to the club

Also if he stays then next season all the pillocks can start writing how his legs have gone and we should get rid of him like Murphy. If we start this next season we should be able to get at least another three seasons out of the thread
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

farfouille

Quote from: Lighthouse on November 14, 2012, 12:22:31 AM
This is a joke right. Like all Pro footballers he will leave us as soon as a better offer comes along. A bigger club will see he is worth a couple of years and he will go to them.

For goodness sake let's not pretend that we can keep anybody because of their love for the manager or our club. It just isn't so.  Enjoy it while he is here. He will soon be off given half a chance.

075.gif

It seems like a joke, but here are some facts:

1. He had the chance to play in the Champions League with the "bigger club" Juventus and he refused.
2. He said on a press conference that one of the reasons to join Fulham is because he is realistic and he knows what he is capable of (maybe this is why he declined Juve's offer). He wants to enjoy football, not being on the bench of a big club.
3. He also said that one of the reasons to join Fulham is Martin Jol.

Now, he also said that he doesn't know whether Fulham will be his last team but he wants to play in the Premier League and keep doing it until he's 40.

My guess: he will be here until Martin Jol is, which means at least 2 seasons.
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

TonyGilroy

He's done it all.

If he's enjoying life at Fulham he'll stay. That largely depends upon us doing reasonably well and keeping Jol. An occasional Cup Final and Europa League qualification will matter to him.

A relegation battle and never being competitive with the big boys will depress him. He'll have loved the Arsenal performance and got a real buzz from it.

He won't want to be anywhere he isn't appreciated and where it seems like hard work.

epsomraver

I believe he is a footballer who loves to play and he knows with Fulham that as long as he is fit he will start and few clubs could give him that promise.

JackyFulham90

He will be next season for sure the key for us is keeping Jol for long term as he is the man players like Berbatov , Petric , Ruiz , Riise , Diarra are signing for