watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Formation change. 3-5-2

Started by Count Berbatov, November 13, 2012, 06:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassey the warrior

Could definitely work. Riise and Riether are effectively wing backs already. However it would be a huge waste of our wingers. Kacaniklic, Dejagah, Richardson, Frei, Duff, Rodallega. So not worth it really.
I think we need a quicker centre back, the central midfield aren't providing as much support thus leaving us vulnerable to counter attacks. Hangeland, Hughes and Senderos are all fairly slow.

leonffc

Quote from: Count Berbatov on November 13, 2012, 07:34:47 PM
Yes. 4-2-3-1 at Arsenal was quite successful
The two central defenders were at most fault. Don't know what's going on there. It can't be just the going forward thing Brede was talking about. If you watch and track just their movement, they simply get caught ball watching too often, don't anticipate and generally don't move enough with purpose

It was the same against everton. I said last week that for the second goal, Bredes starting position was wrong and even then he was too slow getting across and defending the space in behind Hughes should fellaini get a turn in - which he did.
It seems like basic defending practices that are letting us down rather than the shape of the team.
Arsenals second was shocking positioning and the third wasn't much better.

A Humble Man

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on November 13, 2012, 07:49:26 PM
I agree wholeheartedly with the Bulgar count.  Nearly all of the goals scored against haven't come from fast free-flowing counter-attacks.  They've come from poor marking from corners, free-kicks and a distinct lack of resolution in the middle when balls have come in from wide area or, in the case of Fellaini's second, poor marking from Route 1.  As much as I love him, Hangers is wrong in blaming the more open system.  He and Hughes are not looking as strong or determined as afore.
Nogood "help needed, isit' Boyo

I am sorry to say it as I am a great fan of his but Hughes he was either directly or indirectly responsible for a least two of Arsenal goals.  Equally under Hodgson when we did not the ball we had two banks of four defending.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: A Humble Man on November 13, 2012, 09:47:58 PM
Quote from: NogoodBoyo on November 13, 2012, 07:49:26 PM
I agree wholeheartedly with the Bulgar count.  Nearly all of the goals scored against haven't come from fast free-flowing counter-attacks.  They've come from poor marking from corners, free-kicks and a distinct lack of resolution in the middle when balls have come in from wide area or, in the case of Fellaini's second, poor marking from Route 1.  As much as I love him, Hangers is wrong in blaming the more open system.  He and Hughes are not looking as strong or determined as afore.
Nogood "help needed, isit' Boyo

I am sorry to say it as I am a great fan of his but Hughes he was either directly or indirectly responsible for a least two of Arsenal goals.  Equally under Hodgson when we did not the ball we had two banks of four defending.

Agreed. Hughes doesn't seem himself under Jol. Either that or he's just declined. His best quality is his ability to mop up after his team mates. His positioning and anticipation is usually top notch. But because we are more vulnerable he doesn't really have the luxury of leaving his position to do that.

Count Berbatov

Quote from: leonffc on November 13, 2012, 08:23:40 PM
Quote from: Count Berbatov on November 13, 2012, 07:34:47 PMYes. 4-2-3-1 at Arsenal was quite successful
The two central defenders were at most fault. Don't know what's going on there. It can't be just the going forward thing Brede was talking about. If you watch and track just their movement, they simply get caught ball watching too often, don't anticipate and generally don't move enough with purpose

It was the same against everton. I said last week that for the second goal, Bredes starting position was wrong and even then he was too slow getting across and defending the space in behind Hughes should fellaini get a turn in - which he did.
 It seems like basic defending practices that are letting us down rather than the shape of the team.
 Arsenals second was shocking positioning and the third wasn't much better.
Can't say the Everton game was much of a success.  maybe it was about the players selected, not the formation itself

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S3 4G LTE Using Tapatalk 2
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

JackyFulham90

With the players we have 4-2-3-1 is the most effective