watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Karagounis to Start Today

Started by alexbishop, November 18, 2012, 01:58:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexbishop

So says his agent on Twitter. Looks like Jol wants to keep Berba and Ruiz up top which I believe is the right decision. Can always change things up at half time if the midfield isn't working.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

fulhamben

Quote from: alexbishop on November 18, 2012, 01:58:08 PM
So says his agent on Twitter. Looks like Jol wants to keep Berba and Ruiz up top which I believe is the right decision. Can always change things up at half time if the midfield isn't working.
yep same team with him for baird for me.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Zu-Meister

Bassey the warrior

Seems a decent shout. Whether he'll last 90 minutes remains to be seen. Ruiz in central midfield could work too, he could play the Dembele role.

Bassey the warrior

Very unfortunate today. I was impressed.

God The Mechanic

Yeah, up until he underhit the pass to Hangeland he was looking very good.  More of the same in coming weeks hopefully.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: God The Mechanic on November 18, 2012, 06:10:57 PM
Yeah, up until he underhit the pass to Hangeland he was looking very good.  More of the same in coming weeks hopefully.

His one error. Considering he's played very little it was impressive. Another great find.

Mr Fulham

His "one error" that cost us three points. Horrible, horrible mistake.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Mr Fulham on November 18, 2012, 06:17:48 PM

Really? Not sure it was that bad a mistake. He underhit it, it's not like he passed it to a Sunderland player. Lee Probert cost us three points.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: The Moose on November 18, 2012, 06:19:46 PM

Really? Not sure it was that bad a mistake. He underhit it, it's not like he passed it to a Sunderland player. Lee Probert cost us three points.
He underhit it massively and at the end of the day, that's what costs you three points. The red card was harsh, but Karagounis' mistake led to the scence. It was Karagounis' mistake and he - at least to a certain extent - killed the game and cost us the points.

Count Berbatov

Bar that mistake. Excellent today. Did not expect him to look so good. Should start another one soon
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Mr Fulham on November 18, 2012, 06:23:58 PM

He underhit it massively and at the end of the day, that's what costs you three points. The red card was harsh, but Karagounis' mistake led to the scence. It was Karagounis' mistake and he - at least to a certain extent - killed the game and cost us the points.
Not massively. I think you're being very harsh.

SaltfordWhite

I thought that he did very well, and he looked no less rusty than a certain centre half that came on, he was just unfortunate to be punished for the one mistake that he made.

Both will get better with a little game time, I hope and it's nice to know that we have this strength within the squad, as it looks as though we are going to need it in the coming weeks.

Crita

Quote from: Mr Fulham on November 18, 2012, 06:23:58 PM

It was Brede's choice to lunge in two footed.

Yes, Karagounis played him into trouble, but if Brede stays on his feet, gets beaten to the ball and Sunderland score, then Karagounis cost us a goal, but not a player, and there was a chance we would have come back. It was poor decision making from Hangeland, but it all happened so quickly that it would be unfair to blame him. His record is pretty good!

CanadianCottager

Barring one unfortunate mispass (the kind that players tend to make when they've had less than 50 minutes of competitive football with their new teammates and don't know how quick or not they are yet), looked decent enough, Karagounis has a lot more experience than most players in the squad, and even if he's older now he's still a top notch, its not every player who has a Euro Cup winner's medal in his locker.

west kowloon white

Does ANY player not make a poor pass per game?Think directly blaming him for costing us  3 points for a 90 minute game stretching it a bit.Looked an excellent squad back up to me ,
But what do I know.

btings

Last week, Ruiz played a brilliant game and then had a bad backpass that set up the penalty that almost (should have) let Arsenal steal the points.  It happens to everyone.

I thought Karagounis looked lively.  I love the way he runs across the field.  There's a slight arc to it, like he's a meteor slingshotting around the sun.

A Humble Man

The mistake that cost us the game was Hangelands, as the incident was on the halfway line so their was no need for him to react as he did.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

Max Headroom

I have been very impressed with Karagounis every time I have seen him... Jol should have taken Sidwell off