watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Captain

Started by Willard, November 18, 2012, 08:32:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willard

Who took over from Brede as captain today? I was too busy setting fire to myself to notice who he handed the armband to.

Presumably he'll be skipper while Brede is suspended?

farfouille

"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

Willard

Thanks.

I thought it was DB judging by the way he was behaving, taking to the ref etc.

Good

DiegoFulham

Quote from: farfouille on November 18, 2012, 08:37:57 PM
Berbatov did.

Yeah he did, surprised that Aaron Hughes didn't...
@DiegoFulham follow for a follow back

Rhys Lightning 63

Berbatov got it, which surprised me because, Aaron was vice-captain under Danny Murphy, so surely he should have got the armband straight away when Danny left, leaving Brede to be vice-captain
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

H3Matt

Yeah I didn't see who it was during the game, only found out when I looked at a picture showing during Jol's interview and Berbatov was wearing the armband.
He's a great captain, no offense to Hughes but I hope to see Berbatov with the armband during Breder's suspension.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: DiegoFulham on November 18, 2012, 08:40:45 PM
Quote from: farfouille on November 18, 2012, 08:37:57 PM
Berbatov did.

Yeah he did, surprised that Aaron Hughes didn't...

Jezzz Aaron had enough to deal with  :022:

JackyFulham90

Berbatov is the player everyone seems to look up too, he was encouraging players he looked a decent leader out there on a tough day for us

A Humble Man

Berbatov took the badge with pride and was so disappointed at what was or what was not going on around him and the result.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

Bassey the warrior

If Diarra's fit he should take over.

Fulham Far East

Berba did a great job, he was in control and took on the ref etc etc

mikeyffc28

The end result wasn't ideal, but Berba seemed to be communicating well with the other players and with him taking the lead this may have been why the team continued to attack even when down to 10 men as he was dictating how he wanted things to be done.  I personally feel Brede has struggled this season with the added responsibility of the armband and think this is taking him away from focussing on what has previously been a solid partnership with Hughes.  I may get battered for this  proposal, but what about Sidders for the armband - he is more vocal and several times I have seen him shouting at the players around him to get them to focus or spark them up a bit, kind of like Danny did.

King_Crud

Sidders is not a leader though

mikeyffc28

Quote from: King_Crud on November 19, 2012, 04:22:47 PM
Sidders is not a leader though

My point is that I feel we need someone that communicates more with the rest of the team, I know Sidders isn't a leader, but that is the problem - what choices do we have as the players that appear strong leaders are not the best communicators in the team. 

Bryanthebroom

Berba for me, after his captain's performance against Sunderland I'd like to see how he handles a whole game with the armband. Only worry is that I don't want there to be too much weight on the Bulgarian's shoulders. He's been top drawer for us so far and don't want anything to interfere with that.

sunburywhite

I would let Berba have a run with it for the three games

If it doesn't badly affect him or the team then carry on with it
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

CH FFC

I am not so sure that it matters all that much.  The armband is just that, an armband. 
There definitely needs to be a leader, and Berbatov has been doing that when he plays.  Sidwell does it a bit as well, as does Riise, and Diarra.
Which I feel is a good thing seeing that we have a number of people that communicate to their teammates.  To me Brede is a little to introverse to be a good leader, I do not think it effects his game.  You do not see him barking orders or speaking to the ref, or dictating the pace of the game, or....well...leading.
Berbatov, Riise, Sidwell, Duff, Diarra, and even Schwarzer have seemed to be more vocal, which is needed in a captain.

I also think it really matters how people are perceived in practice, who has the players respect, and who do they really listen to?

fulhamben

i was suprised with berba, he had a little push and shove at one stage and i though here we go, but he was very calm and had quite a long conversation with the ref. really thought he was going to lose but he didnt. so yes id give berba the band whikst brede is out
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

King_Crud

Quote from: fulhamben on November 19, 2012, 07:25:35 PM
i was suprised with berba, he had a little push and shove at one stage and i though here we go, but he was very calm and had quite a long conversation with the ref. really thought he was going to lose but he didnt. so yes id give berba the band whikst brede is out

the ref was pointing at his armband and saying to him "you're wearing the armband, i don't think you should be pushing opposition players about" i think

Willard

Mind you, he did push Cattermole which should be allowed!