watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Berba

Started by Jambo, November 18, 2012, 09:06:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jambo

How good was he today.  In some ways he is to good for some of our players as he is just 3 steps in ahead of them.  You could see him getting frustrated in the second half.

But what a pleasure to watch.  Gutted we lost but very proud of the lads on a day that everything just went against us.
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

alexbishop

You are right, he is too good for some of our players. Really hope Jol gives Berba a decent midfield to work with in January otherwise he'll be gone at the end of the season I imagine. He can't do it all by himself!
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

os5889

Captain Berbatov after the red card was outstanding, to be fair they all were, but berbatov was different class

A Humble Man

He got very upset with roddy who as usual was running around like a headless chicken at times.  I notice that none of the other Fulham players accepted Roddys offered handshakes, so he does not appear popular.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

JackyFulham90

Amazing player, glides past people has so much class the only thing with him is he doesn't stay upfront we looked more dangerous when him & Petric started linking up

earlbeatty

He was different gravy to everyone else on the park yesterday!!

A privilege to be able to see him perfom in the black and white colours!!

EB

leonffc

Joy to watch and M.O.M in my opinion.

He came over (sort of) and applauded the hammersmith at the end too which was a nice touch, it gave me the impression that he likes his new rapour with us.
Off topic, when Riise came over at the end with his Johnny Paintsil type lap, was he stretching his back or throwing up?

Boggers

I saw Riise doubling over too but wasn't sure if he was being sick. He loves the fans and should get his own song.

Back on topic, Berba was breathtaking yesterday, I could watch him all day long. By far the best player I have ever seen in a Fulham shirt. After the red card I saw him geeing up the players, exactly what you want to see in that situation.
"I never comment on referees and I'm not about to break the habit of a lifetime for that prat" - Ron Atkinson

http://alrightbeav.wordpress.com/

@shutuposhea

craig10

Quote from: A Humble Man on November 18, 2012, 09:36:16 PM
He got very upset with roddy who as usual was running around like a headless chicken at times.  I notice that none of the other Fulham players accepted Roddys offered handshakes, so he does not appear popular.

What happened re the handshakes??

I have noticed the popular players on the park tend to be the poor ones lol
Berba seemed disgusted at Sidwell on many occasions

Lighthouse

One can see the inner workings of the brain when players have the ball.

Berbatov - I shall pass the ball to Sidwell and strole into space and he can then pass the ball back to me and I can score.

Sidwell - I HAVE THE BALL AH AH I HAVE THE BALL SHOOT SHOOT MISKICK .....OHHHHHH

Rodders - What am I doing out here on the wingy bits of the pitch?

Berbatov - Bollocks.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Riverside

Yesterday he alone was worth the admission price !

I came away glad I had been there - even though we had lost .

Burt

Just hope his frustration doesn't end up leading to regret about the move he made...

Too good for us, not good enough for the top 4?

BillNRoc

It's a great treat even watching him on TV, as I must. Like Gretzky, he goes to where the puck/ball is going to be...or at least to where it should end up, if the less-talented players could begin to glimpse what he's trying to achieve and how he wants them to proceed.

Without Kaca and Ruiz, in particular, Jol will have to work the remaining offensive players hard on the training ground to provide the support Berba requires, or it's going to get ugly. Seems unlikely we can remain in the top half of the table through New Year's with the current available cast of characters, with so many squad players in the starting lineup.

Jambo

Quote from: Burt on November 19, 2012, 02:37:23 PM
Just hope his frustration doesn't end up leading to regret about the move he made...

Too good for us, not good enough for the top 4?

Definitely good enough for the top 4.  When Fergie gets a bee in his bonnet about a player there is often no way back.  I could see Berba in any team in the country and I include Chelsea and Man city in that.

@jambohunt

A Humble Man

Nearly all the results yesterday were flukes like ours so in my mind this squad is strong enough to get fourth place which should make Berbatov happy.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

CH FFC

I do not feel he is "too good" for the rest of the players, I think he will have to show them in practice what is expected.  He has not had many games at Fulham, and I for one feel that with time the players will have a better understanding of where he will be.  Everyone has to remember that this team is (for the most part) new to each other, and to get the type of understanding that Berbatov needs will take a little time/practice. 

On a side note, Berbatov getting mad on the pitch is not a bad thing, as long as people respect what he is saying.  It is good to see someone like him being committed to winning, and if the team is not doing well they need a leader like Berbatov has been. 

I do not think there is a high chance of him leaving during the summer, and I think that the more he stays the more he will like it.

sunburywhite

It is like watching the Maestro all over again
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Jambo

Quote from: sunburywhite on November 19, 2012, 06:56:09 PM
It is like watching the Maestro all over again

Wow, praise indeed

@jambohunt

JackyFulham90

With players like Berbatov & Petric we will not finish below 10th

Count Berbatov

What a difference between how United and Fulham fans react to Berba getting frustrated on the pitch. He was the same to Nani, who can be very frustrating. Some of the others too got on his nerves. Never the likes of Scholes, Giggsy or Rooney. They were on the same wavelength. But some of the others...
That said, when Rooney does it, or Ronaldo did it, it was Ok. Just not Berba.
I wonder if the age of most of the posters there have something to do with it. Generally speaking, the posters here are much older... Or United fans are just too spoilt, or less knowledgeable, or simply well... There are too many idiots on there.
But many of us were grateful to have had him on our team. I was could not believe it when he joined. Extattic

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S3 4G LTE Using Tapatalk 2
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"