watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bairdinho centre back?

Started by JackyFulham90, November 18, 2012, 10:01:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

We will be missing Hangeland for the next 3 games I just don't believe Senderos is the answer, he looked all over the place today, with Baird and Diarra back next week surely it will be best to have Sidwell & Diarra in the middle with Baird & Hughes centre back?

Berserker

I think we need him in midfield more. Senderos will have to play centre back
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Ordar

Senderos was fine at CB. The Sunderland goal, which he is getting blamed for was more to do with Riise being caught up field. Was a decent pass by Johnson aswell.

The guy hasn't played for months so I think he needs some slack

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: Ordar on November 18, 2012, 10:23:37 PM
Senderos was fine at CB. The Sunderland goal, which he is getting blamed for was more to do with Riise being caught up field. Was a decent pass by Johnson aswell.

I do not want to say anything bad about a player this early in the year
but Riisa is always caught up field that is not going to change.  Senderos will be fine for Stoke, today he was not fine   

MJG

Quote from: Ordar on November 18, 2012, 10:23:37 PM

Riise was hardly 'caught upfield'he had just hit the bar and there were plenty of players behind him. I have not seen a replay of the goal but Senderos seemed a long way away from Fletcher considering how they broke and then put the ball crossfield. Also Riise had almost made it back to the box when they scored. Where the hell was everyone else?

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Actually  scratch that  !!!!  Senderos need glasses and a hearing aid  he had no clue the guy was behind him

MJG

Quote from: KCat on November 18, 2012, 10:42:28 PM
Actually  scratch that  !!!!  Senderos need glasses and a hearing aid  he had no clue the guy was behind him
he kept looking at him but never dropped back!!!

Mr Fulham

Senderos looked all over the place because he and Hughes had NO SUPPORT. Senderos did a decent job under the circumstances.

He was not at fault for the Sunderland goal. He had to cover a whole area - Hughes had to attack Johnson and the rest of the team was caught in posession. That was by no means his mistake, I think AH/PS did very well considering they were on their own for most of the time.

Baird is needed in CM as Karagounis is definitely not the answer against a team like Stoke.

Rudolph

How come he makes one mistake and then everyone is criticising him and calling him no good?  When Hughes and Hangeland have a mere, everyone cries "they are not getting much protection from the centre midfield".

His positioning was poor for the first, as was Hughes' reaction (or lack of) for their third.  Oh and while we are at it, Hughes was ripped apart last week by Fellaini and no calls for his head then?

His opportunity has come now with the sending off and it will give him a chance to prove the clueless doubters wrong.

MJG

Quote from: Rudolph on November 18, 2012, 10:56:03 PM
How come he makes one mistake and then everyone is criticising him and calling him no good?  When Hughes and Hangeland have a mere, everyone cries "they are not getting much protection from the centre midfield".

His positioning was poor for the first, as was Hughes' reaction (or lack of) for their third.  Oh and while we are at it, Hughes was ripped apart last week by Fellaini and no calls for his head then?

His opportunity has come now with the sending off and it will give him a chance to prove the clueless doubters wrong.
there were plenty of calls for Hughes to be out and replaced by Senderos, and has been touted for over the last few weeks.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Reindeer welcome back !!.............................I really hope you are correct

Rudolph

Quote from: KCat on November 18, 2012, 11:04:08 PM
How come he makes one mistake and then everyone is criticising him and calling him no good?  When Hughes and Hangeland have a mere, everyone cries "they are not getting much protection from the centre midfield".

His positioning was poor for the first, as was Hughes' reaction (or lack of) for their third.  Oh and while we are at it, Hughes was ripped apart last week by Fellaini and no calls for his head then?

Reindeer welcome back !!.............................I really hope you are correct

Well it is nearly Christmas!!   :dft009:

Cheers squire.

lamby

Chris Baird is too short to play Centre Back next to Hughes. Hughes is only 6 ft, Baird is 5 ft 11. We would get monstered in the air.

Fulham Far East

maybe, he cannot be worse than Senderos

rhyspabsolom

Surely if we're going to be criticising one of our CBs it has to be the one who lost us the game and got himself banned for three games?

Laying blame on Senderos for that game and preparing to lambaste him for the next three is pathetic.
He hasn't cost us a game yet, I see no reason to think he will.

aFFCn_Fan

I know its not popular opinion (and not wanting to have jinxed injury on Hangers), but for a while now I've been interested to see Hughes and Senderos partner. I think having the stability of Hughes' defensive mind could help to bring the best out of Senderos, who to my mind never clicked with Brede in partnership as they are quite similar.
Up until yesterday, I saw Hughes as a 'last-ditch cover the goal at all costs' type with Hangers being given a bit more freedom to run with the ball. Towards the end yesterday, Hughes was playing much more advanced than I'd seen him and had a good deal more ball control than I'd given him credit for, even slipping a decent pass through on goal towards the end.
I think the two of them will need defensive midfield cover for Stoke, let's hope Diarra's fit, and Baird back. Although not sure whether you'd want Sidwell in there for the tackling too.

Can we not appeal the red card anyway?
@hincharoo