watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ruiz Position

Started by Berbasilk_111, November 19, 2012, 06:52:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berbasilk_111

Hi, is it just me or does anyone else agree that Bryan Ruiz is playing way too deep? Having seen this guy at twente I feel that a little too much responsibility is placed on him defensively, which effectively limits his ability to make a contribution in more advanced areas of the pitch... I think that Jol should start placing him in more advanced positions (high no 10) just behind the main striker berba and give him cover to stop him dropping too deep as I feel his attacking influence is limited as a result.

One perfect example was the reading game, where he was utilising both his passing and shooting capabilities to good effect via operating in more advanced areas, one thing also to note is that despite being a proven goal scorer why doesn't jol play him higher up the pitch to allow him to test the keeper.. It's funny how I consider myself lucky to see him take a shot a game! At the end of some attacking moves he's not even in the picture!

Rant over lol Fulham have a very good squad in my opinion but how they would do better if they can get the most out of Ruiz's attacking abilities..

Any thoughts/opinions guys??

fulhamben

the only time he comes deep is when our midfield 2 are struggling to get the ball out. i think he drops back in frustration much the same way rooney does at united when they dont get him the ball. genuinely believe jol will be looking for a midfielder in january who will be the lnk from the back to the front
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Walsh

I really think Jol want's him to turn into a player like Moussa Dembele type player and personally I don't think it's going to happen. I also find it hard to play Bryan in a Attacking Midfield role behind the striker (Berbatov) because Berbatov like's to push back a lot and play his own Attacking Midfield/Striker role. The only thing I could think of is putting Bryan up top next to Berbatov, he does remind me somewhat of how Torres play(ed).

CH FFC

Two thoughts to this~
First, both him and Berba track back deep to help out the midfield, and advance possession.

Second, Ruiz has shown that he can hustle and break up the other teams play, steal the ball or disrupt a pass.  I think it is good to have another person back helping on defense.

Think about this, Fulham now have 25 goals for, and 22 goals against.
The attacking part of the game is fine, it's the defending that we need to work on.  
We are 12 games in with 26 games to go, and we have already got more than half (48) the goals of all of last year.  The bad thing is that we have almost got half of the goals conceded (51) of last year.  

I think the point is that to win games you have to score more than you concede, well we are scoring a lot of goals....I would lose just a few goals for, if we could tighten up the defence better!  Not to say that I do not love the style of play!

JackyFulham90

I like Ruiz he is class but his injuries are killing him, just as he gets in form he breaks down again, am excited to see Petric & Berbatov