more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dont Panic

Started by Peabody, November 21, 2012, 09:30:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YankeeJim

Quote from: Berserker on November 21, 2012, 05:28:36 PM
Whats knashing of teets Mr Nogood, is that someting to do with your gueese dogs? Also don't worry i'm eating the strawberries and cream.

Darn! I thought this was going to become sensuous.  :009:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: CH FFC on November 21, 2012, 06:44:32 PM
Quote from: ScalleysDad on November 21, 2012, 05:17:02 PM
My only real concern is that if we do hit a rocky patch and drop a few places will we attract the required calibre of player come January? The likes of Douglas at FC Twente might think twice if we are in an eight team battle at the bottom end of the Prem. With a bit of luck some deals are as good as sealed.
Have to add though that I did'nt think we would get in this position. We have a number of very valid injuries, anyone got a Richardson update, but what is up with Diarra now? Is he the new Papa D.

Mrs B. You are not 'applying' the strawberries and cream are you? You are eating them right?????

From what I saw Richardson should be OK in 4 days, and Diarra in 3 days....both probably be up to the medical for this weekend.  It seems they are both close in any case.

Thanks for that. I did'nt see anything written about the Richardson injury other than speculation that it was one of the hamstrings which sort of confirmed itself by the way he pulled up. Back for saturday would be remarkable but good luck to him. Saying that I would still rather see Dejagah play the role of bulldozer.

SP

I have a recurring nightmare - Senderos against pacey strikers.  Ouch.

Shredhead

Last season was the first in (my) living memory when we didn't have a bad patch. Indeed the bad patch often seemed to last ALL season.

The main problem this season is that we've lost the defensive rigidity we had under Roy. Over that time, there hasn't been a lot of 'churn' among our defenders except for the Salcido/Riether spot so it must be the tactics - we're not defending as well as a team. I hope Jol and his coaching crew are spending a lot of time getting Hughes / Senderos working well as a unit and the whole team knowing their roles, especially at set pieces.
Bring 'em on.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

perry geyton

a bit worrying, i'd like to see Baird fill in for hangeland rather then Sendadross who i feel is awful, we still have Petric & Berbatov up front, Diara should be back in the middle with Sidwell and duff and dejagah on the wings and maybe Frei !
still capable of doing anyone i feel COYW

Count Berbatov

There's a good chance to only pick 1 or 2 points. Could drop down significantly.
But if played well, won't mean much
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

A Humble Man

We could win lose or draw at Stoke but we will be there helping them to do it.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

FFC1987

Quote from: SP on November 21, 2012, 09:50:38 PM
I have a recurring nightmare - Senderos against pacey strikers.  Ouch.

As much as I prefer Hughes and Brede to Senderos, since when do any of them have pace!? If anything Senderos is the quickest I'd say.

I'd like to add, I'd rather see Senderos as a centre back to Baird all day long. Chris doesn't perform well unless he's in that middle in my opinion. I'm not a huge Senderos fan but going on this years record of conceding goals, maybe a change might be good. I rate Senderos and think he will be a brilliant short term step in, because lets face it, Brede hasn't been great thus far. Maybe a small break is what he needs to start fresh and regain his form which we have been used to for years.

Fernhurst

Well, consecutive games lost and two more beauties on the horizon without our Captain.

Today we will sink to 10th or possibly into the bottom half if the barcodes win.

Will our 7 point cushion be enough to prevent us getting relegated with 23 games to go?

No more looking up innit!
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: Berserker on November 21, 2012, 05:28:36 PM
Whats knashing of teets Mr Nogood, is that someting to do with your gueese dogs? Also don't worry i'm eating the strawberries and cream.

Godless !!!
Read the bible :
For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath. And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth (Matthew 25:29-30).

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Will the "lost" 6 points from late goals conceeded come back to haunt us?

Linked to the mad rush of blood that Brede suffered also doing the same to us?

Agreed the joy of last season when for once we didn't seem to suffer the angst of a bad run

All matches are a massive challenge & yes we have suddenly hit a bad run,with a danger of all the earlier excellent work & results punished

Hope that Berba doesn't let it get to him & become disillusioned - my mind goes back to a previous glory period of Best & Marsh,but when the rains came in late autumn their game was up

Talk all over this board of all we need is 2 cm & 2 cb to put it right in January
That's actually a third of a team being replaced @ one go - never sensible
I doubt it will happen (unless Brede leaves - he is in the same contractual position as Dempsey & Dembele were so we are vunerable)

As someone else posted,if we slip too far down the table then will the targeted players still want to come?

Concerns regarding Ruiz,a marvelous skillfull player but always getting injured - is he up to the physical side of the premiership?

Sidwell & Senderous,enough said by others,simply not good enough

So,conclusion is that there is still much to be done in rebuilding but it ain't all going to happen in January for sure & will need Jol's continued efforts during the summer

Stats wise we were 9th last year & have averaged 12th place during our premiership period

A great start to our season has encouraged greater expectations than are realistic

Having said that it would be typical of us to go & beat Chelsea

Would have loved Hughes to have stayed so as we could whack QPR,not sure now with 'Arry in charge

Hang on to your hats - storm's coming & we are in for a rough ride

COYW!

Berserker

Ah KCat, glad i hadn't read that bit from the New Testament. Funnily enough i took scripture exams when young, mind you it was at the Methodist chapel, so i expect the lay minister who was a lovely man, didn't want to frighten us little ones.

I'm frightened now though! COYW, we have to get through this valley of death unscathed
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

A Humble Man

Quote from: Berserker on November 25, 2012, 09:58:34 AM
Glad i hadn't read that bit. Funnily enough i took scripture exams when young, mind you it was at the Methodist chapel, so i expect the lay minister who was a lovely man, didn't want to frighten us little ones.
I'm frightened now though! COYW, we have to get through this valley of death unscathed

The difference of course is that Fulham players all have rods and staffs to comfort them.
We Are Fulham, Believe.