watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dont Panic

Started by Peabody, November 21, 2012, 09:30:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

I have a feeling that we are about to embark on a poor run of results, something that happens every season and to every team. Something else that also happens is that a lot of people start panicing and assume that we have become a poor side, they also look for scapegoats and start blaming this player and that player. Of course, I might be wrong but the signs are there for all to see. Maybe I should have waited until the chickens had made thier forcast!

Fernhurst

With you all the way Mr P  :54:
We have to " gird our loins" and be prepared for some turbulent waters.

Even when we equalised on Sunday I felt it was envitable we would eventually succumb to Sunderland.

Playing Stoke without Haggers is not to be looked forward to ( no chance of our loanee at Yeovil standing in ?)
The additional injures suffered will also decimate the Squad.

Have a rest Haggers and come back refreshed.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

leonffc

Yeah I've been thinking similar Mr. P. Theres nothing to worry about in the long run so as you say "stay calm everybody".

Apprentice to the Maestro

I also agree.

It will be difficult over the next month not only because we have lost key players but because we are putting out different teams each week.

FFC1987

Don't know what you're talking about, we will have a good run and I'm optimistic we will remain mid table.

Berserker

As everybody probably realises by now I am a glass half empty person. But I agree with Peabody as I can't really see how we are going to get much out of the next few weeks. Saying that I have thought this several times over the last few years and Fulham have often pulled a surprising result out of the bag. I'm going to gird my loins anyway.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Slaphead in Qatar

Fulham have a tendency to surprise both ways, get points from difficult fixtures and drop points when we are expected to win. Next run of games looks difficult, but we may do better than expected.

But you are right, if we go on a bad run then no need to panic. We have the ability to score goals, and therefore over the course of a full season we will get plenty of points.

jarv

No worries. OK away at Stoke and Chelsea will be difficult but there are several games before the end of the year which are there for the taking. Southampton, Swansea, Newcastle (very hit and miss), QPR etc.
The squad is strong and the fact Fulham outplayed Sunderland even with 10 men says it all. I do feel a little more focus on defense is necessary. Giving away too many soft goals lately.

MJG

IF we go on a bad run over the next 4 games its not a disaster. Thats why its always good (and needed) to get a good number of points early in the premiership.
We have a good buffer now betwen us and the bottom so even if we get no pts we would still be about 14-17th after 16 games played with 16 pts.
Start badly in this lge and its bloody hard to make those pts up as the season goes on (as QPR/Saints etc will find out).

MasterHaynes

Quote from: Berserker on November 21, 2012, 01:36:06 PM
As everybody probably realises by now I am a glass half empty person. But I agree with Peabody as I can't really see how we are going to get much out of the next few weeks. Saying that I have thought this several times over the last few years and Fulham have often pulled a surprising result out of the bag. I'm going to gird my loins anyway.
I can see everyone's point that we could be in for a tough ride for a few weeks, but wouldn't it be so Fulhamish to go to Stoke, set piece experts, which we have been unable to defend this season, minus 3 key players and come away with a win and clean scoresheet?
It would also be so Fulhamish for QPR to get their first win against us and for Torres to score a hat trick against us.

CH FFC

I do not feel it will be as difficult as most of you.  The biggest loss was hangeland of course, but that does not mean that we will not cope.  Not to mention!  The rumours of that young Norwegian back may push Senderos to actually play well!

If we lose every game until the end of the year I would not panic.....quite yet!
I do not think this is remotely possible, and I feel that there is a depth in the squad that will provide quality. 

Burt

Yes agree, it may be a bit rocky for a few games. Hang on in there y'all! There is still quality in the squad and on our day we are more than capable of pulling off a surprise. Hopefully at the dog track!

grandad

We must give defence priority over the next month. Stop the other team scoring you don´t lose. Goals will come anyway but defence must be solid.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Berserker

Well i'm just going to have a big mug of tea plus Strawberries and clotted cream in my loin girding preparation tonight

- Martin Luther King Jr.

ScalleysDad

My only real concern is that if we do hit a rocky patch and drop a few places will we attract the required calibre of player come January? The likes of Douglas at FC Twente might think twice if we are in an eight team battle at the bottom end of the Prem. With a bit of luck some deals are as good as sealed.
Have to add though that I did'nt think we would get in this position. We have a number of very valid injuries, anyone got a Richardson update, but what is up with Diarra now? Is he the new Papa D.

Mrs B. You are not 'applying' the strawberries and cream are you? You are eating them right?????

NogoodBoyo

No use girding loin chops when there are icebergs up ahead.  They were always going to be on the horizon this year courtesy of Dembele's departure, a change of crew and the Captain's disappointment at losing his best bosun.  I think we'll navigate those bergs, but Peabody is right -there is going to be an unholy wailing and gnashing of teets on this board from those with sensitive tummies.  
I expect the usual Jol-out shout will be heard sometime between Christmas and New Year.  Hangovers from previous years.
Nogood "woman the life-rafts, isit" Boyo

NogoodBoyo

Oh cripes, there I go again hogging the top of the page.  How do I always do that?
Nogood "the David Geffen of the mb, isit" Boyo

Berserker

Whats knashing of teets Mr Nogood, is that someting to do with your gueese dogs? Also don't worry i'm eating the strawberries and cream.

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Lewis J

We badly going to miss Hangeland for the next 3 matches. Credit to him apoligising to the ref tho as hes a true gent but defending against Stoke without him is not going to be much fun.

CH FFC

Quote from: ScalleysDad on November 21, 2012, 05:17:02 PM
My only real concern is that if we do hit a rocky patch and drop a few places will we attract the required calibre of player come January? The likes of Douglas at FC Twente might think twice if we are in an eight team battle at the bottom end of the Prem. With a bit of luck some deals are as good as sealed.
Have to add though that I did'nt think we would get in this position. We have a number of very valid injuries, anyone got a Richardson update, but what is up with Diarra now? Is he the new Papa D.

Mrs B. You are not 'applying' the strawberries and cream are you? You are eating them right?????

From what I saw Richardson should be OK in 4 days, and Diarra in 3 days....both probably be up to the medical for this weekend.  It seems they are both close in any case.