watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The NFR Joke Future

Started by Peabody, November 21, 2012, 06:35:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

Some of you will have noticed that I have withdrawn my latest NFR Joke. I have done this because it did have a "racist" element to it and even though, I gave a warning that it could upset some people, one person did raise muted objections to it. Though I suspect he was not actually holding the higher ground, more like, he was trying his usual ploy of trying to sabotage my posts. I am not being a drama queen, because he has been doing this for some time.

I was debating whether to discontinue posting these "jokes", even though some of you seemed to enjoy them. I truly do not intend to upset people and unfortunately, some humour does carry a risk of offence. I have come to the conclusion that it would be more upsetting to my detractor to carry on, unless you tell me otherwise. I am not seeking popularity but just wish to share some of my humour with you.

sipwell

No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

Me-ate-Live, innit??

''The Swines ''   ....................... who  ever complained must go and stand in front of
A Humble Man

That will teach -'em

epsomraver

Keep going  MR P there is nothing wrong with your jokes, :Haynes The Maestro: take no notice of anyone especially him, tell him to put his wooden spoon where the sun don't shine

TWFL

Love your jokes and of course someone is going to get offended every now and then but it shouldn't stop you from posting any. Let the mods deal with what's appropriate or not.

YankeeJim

Political correctness is a cancer on society. Too many go around looking for a reason to be offended. I say go away to them. Every group has something that is wrong with them and usually it is funny to others. It should be funny to them as well. Tell all the old, fat, ugly, Catholic, yank jokes you have & I'll laugh at them all.  :011:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

TonyGilroy

Please carry on.

I hate racism and support political correctness but nothing that I've read from you has been inappropriate and it's frequently damned funny.

Berserker

Yes Mr Peabody please carry on, even Blond jokes. We happy band of Mods can intervene if things get a bit too hairy.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

TheDon

i was in sainsburys today when a 4 young black guys called out "hey white bwoy nice gay t-shirt"

i replied "100% cotton say thanks to you grandad."

you should have seen there faces.

that was your best one.

bigalffc

Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

BestOfBrede

I say continue - what's life without a laugh? If people don't find it funny or find it not to their taste, then leave it and move on not complain!

cottage cheese

please do carry on. There are some people on this board that for some reason feel the need to complain about everything. The fact you put please do no read if offended easily should be a sign for those not to read, simple as. Yet they still do and still complain..the world has gone PC mad.

sunburywhite

nutz to them all and feed nuts to those with allergies
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Senior Supporter

Quote from: YankeeJim on November 21, 2012, 06:54:45 PM
Political correctness is a cancer on society. Too many go around looking for a reason to be offended. I say go away  to them. Every group has something that is wrong with them and usually it is funny to others. It should be funny to them as well. Tell all the old, fat, ugly, Catholic, yank jokes you have & I'll laugh at them all.  :011:

You're all of those things, Yankee Jim? I really feel for you, and admire the fact that you can still laugh.  064.gif

Logicalman

I'm sorry that one or more posters found that joke too rich, personally I felt it was OK, and funny, but then I'm just an ordinary human being - so please keep 'em coming, sir.

{mod hat on} Really Mr. P, you should have known better, etc, etc, etc ..    as for those that prefer to use symbols instead of swear words on this thread, you'll find they have been slightly amended!  
084.gif

Burt

Trouble is that for some types of jokes or comments there is a line that has to be drawn somewhere.

The double trouble is that that line is difficult to judge, given it will be different depending on each persons preferences, prejudices, tolerance levels, etc.

I am sure there is no intent to offend, but offence may be caused to some regardless of that intent.

Where's this heading? Not sure...

:dft011:

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

There is definitely a gap in the market now that Jim Davidson and Bernard Manning are not on the telly to tell "hilarious" slavery jokes like the one that is in this thread...

YankeeJim

Quote from: Logicalman on November 21, 2012, 10:23:15 PM
I'm sorry that one or more posters found that joke too rich, personally I felt it was OK, and funny, but then I'm just an ordinary human being - so please keep 'em coming, sir.

{mod hat on} Really Mr. P, you should have known better, etc, etc, etc ..    as for those that prefer to use symbols instead of swear words on this thread, you'll find they have been slightly amended!  
084.gif
\

I would ask that when you edit my symbols please be logical and creative so that it doesn't sound so lame. Go away. Really?  086.gif

Had I been in Birmingham, I would have asked the same question.  :Get Coat gif:

YankeeJim

Quote from: Senior Supporter on November 21, 2012, 10:07:03 PM
Quote from: YankeeJim on November 21, 2012, 06:54:45 PM
Political correctness is a cancer on society. Too many go around looking for a reason to be offended. I say go away  to them. Every group has something that is wrong with them and usually it is funny to others. It should be funny to them as well. Tell all the old, fat, ugly, Catholic, yank jokes you have & I'll laugh at them all.  :011:

You're all of those things, Yankee Jim? I really feel for you, and admire the fact that you can still laugh.  064.gif

All that and more. I forgot, short, hard of hearing and I like American beer and believe that until Berbatov got here, Dempsey was the best attacker we've had for the 7-8 years I've been haunting Fulham.
BTW, what did Logicalman edit out of your post?