watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stockdale to Hull

Started by JackyFulham90, November 22, 2012, 11:39:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

A strange move by Fulham, he should be pushing for a number 1 slot I don't think his long term future is at Fulham and that's a shame, guess we have decent cover in Etheridge & Somogyi

Andy_M

Think this is a good move for Stockdale.

Get the impression that Jol doesn't really rate him. Think we'll see a top keeper signed next summer to be honest with Stockdale sold and Schwarz possibly retiring or taking a back seat on the bench combined with a coaching role possibly.
@got_maile

LBNo11

Quote from: Andy_M on November 22, 2012, 11:42:21 AM

Get the impression that Jol doesn't really rate him. Think we'll see a top keeper signed next summer to be honest with Stockdale sold and Schwarz possibly retiring or taking a back seat on the bench combined with a coaching role possibly.

...fully agree with your comments, I think we will lose Stockers sooner than later, presumably in the next transfer window, and the recall of Etheridge doesn't bode well for his chances to get some first team action at Fulham. He will do well elsewhere with regular appearances as someone else's modern day Jim Stannard...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

A Humble Man

Still a good stopper but has not developed all around the box skills and perhaps never will.  Not in the same class as Mark S and may never be.  We need to get a class keeper to replace Mark at the end of this season probably.

This is one last chance for Stockdale to prove himself or, if Hull get promoted, a potential sale.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

cebu

Quote from: LBNo11 on November 22, 2012, 11:56:03 AM
Quote from: Andy_M on November 22, 2012, 11:42:21 AM

...fully agree with your comments, I think we will lose Stockers sooner than later, presumably in the next transfer window, and the recall of Etheridge doesn't bode well for his chances to get some first team action at Fulham. He will do well elsewhere with regular appearances as someone else's modern day Jim Stannard...

Etheridge's recall is not Stockdale related. He's off to represent the Philippines in the Suzuki Cup.

JBH

Good move by the club, he needs to be playing and also as they are in the championship he can be recalled as and when required.

LBNo11

...thanks for that cebu, I put 2+2 and made it 3.. :dft001:
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Ordar

Bit of a shame for Etheridge as he was getting regular game time (and good reviews) at Bristol Rovers.

I agree that Stockdale doesn't look to be the future. If he was going to break through, I think this season was his chance. I would imagine Jol will sign someone (preferably Stekelenburg) in the summer

Lighthouse

I don't see this as a good thing. Who is our best reserve keeper? Stockdale is. With the bad luck we have been having with injury problems it is Etheridge who needs experience not Stockdale. So why put Stockdale out on loan and cut short Etheridge who has looked very iffy in the brief highlights we see of him on loan. Admittedly mostly highlights if him being beaten.

Not sure what we are trying to do with Stockdale? He needs to move on before his career does.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

fulhamben

Quote from: A Humble Man on November 22, 2012, 11:57:41 AM
Still a good stopper but has not developed all around the box skills and perhaps never will.  Not in the same class as Mark S and may never be.  We need to get a class keeper to replace Mark at the end of this season probably.

This is one last chance for Stockdale to prove himself or, if Hull get promoted, a potential sale.
take it you havent been watching mark this season. the only thing going for him at the mo is his shot stopping. totally lost the abillity to command his box and cant kick for toffee.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

TonyGilroy

I've been watching Mark Schwarzer this season and I think that he's still top quality.

Mr Fulham

I feel Stocko will be No 1 next year, players do grow increasingly frustrated with his distribution. And I've got a nasty feeling that Schwarzer could retire at the end of the season.

alexbishop

Still not decided on Stockdale but have a feeling he won't be our first choice next season.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Jack Fulham

Quote from: Mr Fulham on November 22, 2012, 06:48:27 PM
I feel Stocko will be No 1 next year, players do grow increasingly frustrated with his distribution. And I've got a nasty feeling that Schwarzer could retire at the end of the season.

Doesn't he want to play in the 2014 world cup? Don't think he will.

michaelread

Stekelenburg is coming anyway, you'll see.

This is now 3 managers that haven't rated Stockdale. Perhaps his distribution is better than Marks, but he's obviously lacking enough in other areas, in the eyes of three professional (well one not so much) managers.

Maybe they don't see it through rose coloured glasses, hm?

michaelread

Quote from: Ordar on November 22, 2012, 12:28:30 PM
Bit of a shame for Etheridge as he was getting regular game time (and good reviews) at Bristol Rovers.

I agree that Stockdale doesn't look to be the future. If he was going to break through, I think this season was his chance. I would imagine Jol will sign someone (preferably Stekelenburg) in the summer

Etheridge is back because he is going to play for the Philippines in a tournament for the next few weeks. It wouldn't be fair on us to have Bristol pay his wages while he is away on national duty, he'll go back somewhere on a new deal.

epsomraver

Could this be the answer, Blackburn have told goalkeeper Paul Robinson that he is no longer required at Ewood Park as Rovers attempt to lure Tottenham veteran Brad Friedel to the club. Robinson, 33, will be allowed to leave for free and may attract interest from Fulham boss Martin Jol, who worked with Robinson at Spurs.

Flupp

Robinson ?!?!?

It would be great if we can bring Butland to the Cottage !!!!
"take me home al fayed to the place where i belong craven cottage by the river take me home al fayed"

os5889

Quote from: Flupp on November 23, 2012, 11:50:33 PM
Robinson ?!?!?

It would be great if we can bring Butland to the Cottage !!!!

Meanwhile back in reality...

fulhamben

Quote from: epsomraver on November 23, 2012, 11:03:29 AM
Could this be the answer, Blackburn have told goalkeeper Paul Robinson that he is no longer required at Ewood Park as Rovers attempt to lure Tottenham veteran Brad Friedel to the club. Robinson, 33, will be allowed to leave for free and may attract interest from Fulham boss Martin Jol, who worked with Robinson at Spurs.
if he is the answer, is the question if you were to get relegated who would be the best keeper to ensure it would happen.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.