watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The NFR Joke Future

Started by Peabody, November 21, 2012, 06:35:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham1959

I start smiling before I even 'click' to open them.   So . . . keep 'em coming !

CorkedHat

Anybody offended by your jokes Mr P should try being a Pom in Australia. I have heard every anti Pom joke ever coined and here I am after thirty six years, unscathed and unbowed. Give as good as you get, has been my mantra but always in the spirit of good fun and humour. Life is too short to get upset over something as trivial as life.
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

The Bronsons

Your NFR jokes are some of the reasons I come on here, especially on a slow Wednesday after a 1-3 home defeat. Only sorry I missed the one you pulled.

Count Berbatov

What was your joke about? I didn't read it, because it said not to
;-)

... Now why don't we have a white text option
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Logicalman

Quote from: YankeeJim on November 21, 2012, 10:51:36 PM
Quote from: Logicalman on November 21, 2012, 10:23:15 PM
I'm sorry that one or more posters found that joke too rich, personally I felt it was OK, and funny, but then I'm just an ordinary human being - so please keep 'em coming, sir.

{mod hat on} Really Mr. P, you should have known better, etc, etc, etc ..    as for those that prefer to use symbols instead of swear words on this thread, you'll find they have been slightly amended!  
084.gif
\

I would ask that when you edit my symbols please be logical and creative so that it doesn't sound so lame. Go away. Really?  086.gif

Had I been in Birmingham, I would have asked the same question.  :Get Coat gif:

I know YJ, I know, I just tend to 'lame it up' because I often cannot think of an appropriate replacement phrase!  I did say I was almost human, didn't I?  .. and what has the cotton state got to with it anyways?

cottage cheese

Quote from: Burt on November 21, 2012, 10:38:19 PM
Trouble is that for some types of jokes or comments there is a line that has to be drawn somewhere.

The double trouble is that that line is difficult to judge, given it will be different depending on each persons preferences, prejudices, tolerance levels, etc.

I am sure there is no intent to offend, but offence may be caused to some regardless of that intent.

Where's this heading? Not sure...

:dft011:

But since when has being offended been a reason to ban things? Being offended is a personal feeling not a given right. It should not be a reason or excuse to stop others who enjoy the jokes etc..

Im not having at a go but why should something be stopped if a few people are offended? Thats life, not everyone shares the same humour. People queue up to see frankie boyle,jack dee etc and those who dont like them stay well clear. There was a warning on the headline and that should be enough for people to determine if the material is worth reading for them

FFC1987

As far as I'm concerned, I haven't seen anything to cause any real offence to anyone. I'm from Suffolk so get the inbred jokes EVERYDAY, like the criminal from Australia said, give as good as you get. If a comedian can stand on a stage and talk about their backgrounds and religious beliefs, why can't anyone else? It's a ridiculous sound bite that only some people can use certain words or talk about certain things because it belongs to them as a culture. Respect tradition but respect change too. My advice is don't stop because people are looking for something to be offended by.

Airfix

Surely the premise behind 99% of all jokes is that they poke fun at someone or something in some way?  If that is the case, surely those who are having the fun poked at them could choose to be offended (but I bet they tell jokes that poke fun at others)?

Life without a laugh is life not worth living.  Some people are just too damn sensitive and should learn just to write a joke off as just an irrelevance, if they don't like it.  Just because a joke calls for, say, an Irishman to be shot, doesn't mean that we all plan to go and shoot one, does it?

As others have said, if you don't like a post, scroll on, don't read it.

Life is WAY too short.

epsomraver

Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on November 21, 2012, 10:51:02 PM
There is definitely a gap in the market now that Jim Davidson and Bernard Manning are not on the telly to tell "hilarious" slavery jokes like the one that is in this thread...
Never mind, soon be meals on wheels time to look forward to

A Humble Man

You can divide the World into those who get jokes and those who don't.  If you do not get jokes, particularly ones with satire or pathos elements, you will find them offensive.  People with those views are taking over the World and we are all going to be ruled by a load of miserable sods.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

Vinnieffc

Please carry on with your NFR jokes Peabody.. I love them !! Anyway, as a proud Irishman  ROI flag, I am expressly permitted to tell jokes about my fellow countrymen.. Such as the following.. Paddy was digging holes in the pavement and Murphy was following behind him filling them in.. A passer by asked "Why are you digging holes only for your colleague to fill them back in again ?" Paddy replied "Seamus usually plants the trees but he's off sick today". I'll get me coat  :Get Coat gif:

FFC1987

Airfix

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

There are three types of people in the world: those who can count and those who can't.

Peabody

Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on November 22, 2012, 02:42:14 PM
There are three types of people in the world: those who can count and those who can't.

Surely, in your case, its those who count and those that dont

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Quote from: Peabody on November 22, 2012, 03:05:21 PM

no, not really...

but If you're right 90% of the time, why quibble about the other 5%?

grandad

Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on November 22, 2012, 03:17:46 PM

no, not really...

Why art theatre plays in three halves?
Where there's a will there's a wife

grandad

Quote from: grandad on November 22, 2012, 03:21:21 PM
Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on November 22, 2012, 03:17:46 PM

no, not really...

Why are theatre plays in three halves?

Why is there only one monopolies commission?
Where there's a will there's a wife