watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham Guru John Carew

Started by White Noise, April 18, 2010, 08:05:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/football/786002/COTTAGERS-CLOSE-IN-ON-CAREW.html

COTTAGERS CLOSE IN ON CAREW

Fulham fancy Villa forward

By Aidan Magee, 17/04/2010

ASTON VILLA striker John Carew looks set to join Fulham this summer.

The Norwegian has spent £2.6million on a three-bedroom flat in the luxury Battersea Reach apartment block in south-west London, within two miles of Craven Cottage.

Fulham boss Roy Hodgson has worked closely with Scandinavian players during his career and recently managed Norwegian club Viking Stavanger.

Carew, 30, has a year left on his contract but looks certain to replace compatriot Erik Nevland, who has been told he can leave the Europa League semi-finalists in the close season.

The former Valencia striker, who has scored 35 goals in nearly 100 appearances for Villa, would attract a bid of around £3.5m, and make an ideal partner for Bobby Zamora.

Yarden

I wish this was true, but I don`t believe it for a second.

finnster01

What a load of utter tosh.

First he would not be the ideal partner to BZ. They are the same type of player.

Second, his knees aren't any better now than they were in 2002 when he failed his Fulham medical, so why would he pass now? Plus now his back is acting up as well. He has been out quite a bit this season.

Third, MAF doesn't rate him as Tigana went behind his back over him. If you cross MAF once, he'll always remember.

I want to be a journo and just make sh1t up everyday. Best job in the world.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Chopper

Quote from: finnster01 on April 18, 2010, 08:12:05 AM
What a load of utter tosh.

First he would not be the ideal partner to BZ. They are the same type of player.

Second, his knees aren't any better now than they were in 2002 when he failed his Fulham medical, so why would he pass now? Plus now his back is acting up as well. He has been out quite a bit this season.

Third, MAF doesn't rate him as Tigana went behind his back over him. If you cross MAF once, he'll always remember.

I want to be a journo and just make sh1t up everyday. Best job in the world.

Ha ha.  I was going to say that about his dodgy knees!

Don't you think the fact that he's had a pretty successful career since that failed medical suggests prehaps it was just Mo's tatic to avoid paying for a player he didn't fancy?

Either way, I reckon you're right that it's highly unlikely we'd be looking to sign him.
Sold my soul to the Green Pole

Whiteroom

He is exactly what we don't need. Injury prone, fading, and old. We already have an old squad and we have seen the problems with having physically unreliable players this season.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Whiteroom on April 18, 2010, 11:16:31 AM
He is exactly what we don't need. Injury prone, fading, and old. We already have an old squad and we have seen the problems with having physically unreliable players this season.

Physical unreliable? Carew played 28 matches this season, 27 in the last year and 32 in the year before. Doesn't seem to be unrealiable. He could rotate with Bobby and AJ.

And our medical staff is one of the best in the Prem.

Everyone said quite the same about Damien Duff a year ago. What a load of utter rubbish. Give this guy a chance.

jarv

No chance....everyone knows we need some pace (hopefully Okaka). Carew bought a flat in London....maybe cover for Drogba, going to West ham or a surge by QPR next season!!

Admin

Because we, Fulham, are far to good for the likes of John Carew...Come on guy's, he'd walk into our side any day of the week and would more than likely out perform Zamora. Apart form the injuries, Carew is proven and unlike Zamora will put his head on a ball. He's just turned 30 (Zamora is 29) and he'll do us for a couple of seasons. Not sure on wages though..

Mr Fulham

Quote from: jarv on April 18, 2010, 01:29:42 PM
No chance....everyone knows we need some pace (hopefully Okaka). Carew bought a flat in London....maybe cover for Drogba, going to West ham or a surge by QPR next season!!

Yeah, he rents an apartement in Battersea to join Wet Spam...definitely.  :55:

I don't think that Ancelotti would want him and he won't join QPR because he's an ambitious Premiership footballer.

And I think that he would work well with Bobatov and some fast wingers. Okaka will stay for another season, but we still need one or two new strikers because Nevland and Kamara will leave us.

finnster01

Carew didn't rent, he bought it. Nothing special about that though. I don't see him changing from Villa. He is a fan fav. 

Carew is actually well known for investing most of his money in properties. He has apartments and houses all over the place, including Spain, England, Norway and Italy. He actually has set himself up for a very nice life after football

RidgeRider

Carew just netted a nice one against Pompey. Looks like he is quite fit.

finnster01

Quote from: RidgeRider on April 18, 2010, 04:20:18 PM
Carew just netted a nice one against Pompey. Looks like he is quite fit.
Our famous medical staff (the same lot who couldn't figure out Jari Litmanen had a bad pump) didn't think so in 2002  Apparently his knees were permanently damaged... :035:

Aldo

Didn't he threaten to sue up over the medical!

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Aldo on April 18, 2010, 08:11:53 PM
Didn't he threaten to sue up over the medical!
I think we ended up paying him over a million , but then again i could be completely wrong.

Aldo

MAF is really going to want to sign him then!

finnster01

No he won't because when he sued Tigana, the Carew deal was one of the cases brought forward because MAF claimed he said no after he failed the medical, only to find out later that Tigana had set up a second medical somewhere in France for Carew.

That pissed off MAF to no end, so I don't care if John Carew becomes available for 1 pound and Iain Dowies used track suit, there is no way MAF will sign off on that transfer as he still view Carew as a Tigana man. MAF is a great chairman, but he is not good for forgiving the past with people that have crossed his path

Mr Fulham

Just talked to some Villa fans and they believe that Big John will leave Villa Park this season because he'll be out of contract in 2011 and therefore unemployed. And who would sign a 32-year-old without-a-contract-striker?

They believe that Carew and Heskey will leave Aston Villa.