watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stoke away support

Started by HillingdonFFC, November 26, 2012, 12:53:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HillingdonFFC

Couldnt post a reply on earlier thread as its locked.
A Stoke fan posted on another site I go on that we had approx 700, personally think thats overly generous.
The point I want to make is how many do people think we should`ve taken there? We sold out 3000 at Arsenal at 37 quid a go, 3200 for the filth at 52-55 quid a pop, not to mention nearly 3000 fans buying QPR tickets already at £40+ quid,
Honestly, do people think we`re made of money ?.
Fair play to everyone who went, I pick and choose away games due to work and finances, I think 500 or so there is a bloody good turnout, if it hadn`t been sandwiched in between sold out London derbies I reckon we would`ve had  1000-1200 or so there.

tomcolemanfry

We'd only sold 550 tickets on Friday apparently, so between that and 600 went. For that numbers, I thought we did bloody well too. Stoke's home atmosphere is well and truely overrated probably on the same level as Arsenal and Chelsea for me.

You've got to remember in terms of numbers that we've had the luxury lately, and also coming up, of local away trips. Reading and Southampton are nearby, plus all these London ones which seemed to have landed at one time. The cost of the further away trips add up to which does put a lot of people off, plus I think the travelling time. Got to remember, only 1,000 went to United, less than that to Wigan on BOGOF offer too.

After QPR you'll see massive drop in away attendances. Liverpool before Christmas, West Brom 12:45pm New Years Day and City away mid-January; it'd be an achievement to get 2,000 tickets sold altogether for those three fixtures.

Matt

Norwich away is the one to look forward to now. 9th of Feb, £18 return (£11 with railcard) on train and a cracking little pub next to the river in Norwich.
Oh you lucky people, we're the best team in the land!

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: tomcolemanfry on November 26, 2012, 02:11:41 AM
We'd only sold 550 tickets on Friday apparently, so between that and 600 went. For that numbers, I thought we did bloody well too. Stoke's home atmosphere is well and truely overrated probably on the same level as Arsenal and Chelsea for me.

You've got to remember in terms of numbers that we've had the luxury lately, and also coming up, of local away trips. Reading and Southampton are nearby, plus all these London ones which seemed to have landed at one time. The cost of the further away trips add up to which does put a lot of people off, plus I think the travelling time. Got to remember, only 1,000 went to United, less than that to Wigan on BOGOF offer too.

After QPR you'll see massive drop in away attendances. Liverpool before Christmas, West Brom 12:45pm New Years Day and City away mid-January; it'd be an achievement to get 2,000 tickets sold altogether for those three fixtures.

Now the club have clamped down on tourists buying tickets there wont be as many at Anfield as usual for a saturday kick off. Personally think we`ll take good numbers to West Brom, new years day in years gone by was a traditional football day. We`ve had decent followings at the midland games in recent seasons, last time I went to the Hawthorns a couple of years ago we sold over 1400.There`s generally very cheap train tickets and its only a couple of hours up the M40.
Agree with Matt, Norwich is one to look forward to, always have a healthy support there plus I`ve never seen Fulham lose there

tomcolemanfry

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on November 26, 2012, 10:05:05 AM
Quote from: tomcolemanfry on November 26, 2012, 02:11:41 AM

Now the club have clamped down on tourists buying tickets there wont be as many at Anfield as usual for a saturday kick off. Personally think we`ll take good numbers to West Brom, new years day in years gone by was a traditional football day. We`ve had decent followings at the midland games in recent seasons, last time I went to the Hawthorns a couple of years ago we sold over 1400.There`s generally very cheap train tickets and its only a couple of hours up the M40.
Agree with Matt, Norwich is one to look forward to, always have a healthy support there plus I`ve never seen Fulham lose there

I can just see the 12:45 kick-off putting a lot of people off.

Agree with you both though, Norwich will be the first good away day of 2013.

Matt

Well well, I would say that Norwich is the one I am looking forward to the most. But don't forget City away in January and a potentially away draw in the cup.

mr-ska

Quote from: Matt on November 26, 2012, 08:55:37 AM
Norwich away is the one to look forward to now. 9th of Feb, £18 return (£11 with railcard) on train and a cracking little pub next to the river in Norwich.
I went last year..  great pub by the river and and a fair few of us apart from the fact it was on New years Eve.

Matt

Quote from: mr-ska on November 27, 2012, 12:55:17 PM
I went last year..  great pub by the river and and a fair few of us apart from the fact it was on New years Eve.

I managed to break my foot after the game but as you say cracking little pub and all out a good day under the circumstances.

mr-ska

Quote from: Matt on November 27, 2012, 04:21:33 PM

I managed to break my foot after the game but as you say cracking little pub and all out a good day under the circumstances.
I had a Kidney infection.. thought i was dying..  and had to blow my NEW YEARS plans out....  last min equalizer didnt help!

Matt

Quote from: mr-ska on November 27, 2012, 04:50:02 PM
Quote from: Matt on November 27, 2012, 04:21:33 PM

I had a Kidney infection.. thought i was dying..  and had to blow my NEW YEARS plans out....  last min equalizer didnt help!

Why are we really looking forward to this one so much? We surely gotta prove ourselves to leave in one piece...

Mr_Moon

Quote from: tomcolemanfry on November 26, 2012, 10:18:38 PM

I can just see the 12:45 kick-off putting a lot of people off.

Agree with you both though, Norwich will be the first good away day of 2013.

New Year's Day transport
12:45 kick off
Game on TV

Can't see that many in attendance, let alone awake and shaking off the hangover at that time.