watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Defence Improved, Attacking woeful.

Started by alexbishop, November 28, 2012, 09:40:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexbishop

But I'll take a 0-0 draw over losing 4-3 or something.

Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Snibbo

Really?  Good overall defensive performance  by the WHOLE team, I thought. We could have scored a few times on dangerous breaks. Give the forwards credit for putting in a defensive shift. Almost perfect tactics by MJ.

PokerMatt

I thought we were better going forward than Chelsea. A Chelsea that included Oscar, Hazard, Torres, then Mata and Marin. Apart from the Torres one Hughes cleared (that looked to be going wide anyway) Cech was the busier keeper. He certainly made the best save from Riise, and should have been beaten by him earlier.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Jambo

Quote from: Snibbo on November 28, 2012, 09:42:22 PM
Really?  Good overall defensive performance  by the WHOLE team, I thought. We could have scored a few times on dangerous breaks. Give the forwards credit for putting in a defensive shift. Almost perfect tactics by MJ.

Agreed.  Lovely bonus point and probably had the better of the chances.

Tougher game on saturday
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

BillNRoc

Good defense turns into good offense through effective counter-attacking. Our counters sputtered like an untied balloon, unguided movement that loses air and drops to the ground.

Why was Frei brought on so late? Almost all our chances followed his introduction. Rodallega was just awful on the front end, played a part in team defense, I guess.

alexbishop

Really?  Good overall defensive performance  by the WHOLE team, I thought. We could have scored a few times on dangerous breaks. Give the forwards credit for putting in a defensive shift. Almost perfect tactics by MJ.

That's exactly what I said...

Quote from: PokerMatt on November 28, 2012, 09:47:11 PM
I thought we were better going forward than Chelsea. A Chelsea that included Oscar, Hazard, Torres, then Mata and Marin. Apart from the Torres one Hughes cleared (that looked to be going wide anyway) Cech was the busier keeper. He certainly made the best save from Riise, and should have been beaten by him earlier.

Chelsea stank out Stamford Bridge. But our final third performance for the first 75 mins was terrible. Much better for Frei, Baird and Petric coming on I must say.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

PokerMatt

Quote from: alexbishop on November 28, 2012, 09:49:07 PM

That's exactly what I said...

Quote from: PokerMatt on November 28, 2012, 09:47:11 PM

Chelsea stank out Stamford Bridge. But our final third performance for the first 75 mins was terrible. Much better for Frei, Baird and Petric coming on I must say.

But even before Frei and Petric came on Riise could have had two goals.

Yes, Chelsea were terrible, and yes we defended superbly, but the fact we were the most dangerous side on balance suggests to me that we weren't woeful going forward.

RidgeRider

Really?  Good overall defensive performance  by the WHOLE team, I thought. We could have scored a few times on dangerous breaks. Give the forwards credit for putting in a defensive shift. Almost perfect tactics by MJ.

Agree as well. We don't have an attacking presence to bring the ball up the pitch so we had to be defensive and though there wasn't much pace out there on our side, it was clear we were looking to get something off of a counter..... and we even had some nice possession at times. We had some chances, but so did they. I'll take the point.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

I disagree with the title  Defence Improved, Attacking woeful
Our defence was 100%  and our attack was as ok, they gave it a good go 

nose

Frei was outstanding, he really posed a threat, he just needs a little more composure when he has time to pick a pass. We did really well but chelsea were pretty hopeless. i was sorry we didn't have more of a go in the first half. defence played really well, they played as a proper unit and even senderos stuck to the task.
we need to turn these good performances into wins!

NogoodBoyo

Frei's first touch in the game was the delightfully weighted ball threaded between two defenders which lead to Riise's pile-driver that Cech manged to save - superbly.
Nogood "picked that pass, he did" Boyo

cheerupjimmyhill

As i am always frustrated when the media give us no credit when we do well against a top team, its always how badly they played not how well we did to stop them playing.

But some of the comments on here are the same as them. Even benetiz has said we had a good game plan and stuck to it and we had chances.

A good point away at Chelsea who have not beaten us in four now.

Also good news Tony Gale is co commentating on football first

MikeCdawg

When we get Ruiz back we will be attacking and scoring goals like we were in the games he has played in thus far. When is he back, does anyone know?

PokerMatt

Quote from: mikecdawg-ffc on November 29, 2012, 12:44:09 AM
When we get Ruiz back we will be attacking and scoring goals like we were in the games he has played in thus far. When is he back, does anyone know?

He said on twitter a few days after the injury that it was 2 weeks. So think that makes it next weekend?

RaySmith

An excellent all round performance from the team, I thought. Well done to Jol and the lads.

Bryanthebroom

You can't just say 'attacking woeful' just because we don't score, and away from home at the bridge at that. Not a bad tactical performance I thought.