watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fair play Senderos

Started by JackyFulham90, November 28, 2012, 11:25:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

He has his critics and I am one of them I admit but he had a really good game tonight

Admin

Yes, he had a good game but I've just finished watching football first and he did miss time a few headers and Hughes Riise and Reither had to cover his ass when he wondered up the pitch. Both teams were woeful tonight and the game was like a training session. Next week against spurs will be a real test for Senderos so I'll hold judgement until then. 

TheLegendMcbride

I was at the game an thought he along with Sidwell (also much maligned) were great !!!

God The Mechanic

Really?  I thought he was fully at fault for all 3 goals at White Hart Lane tonight.  Especially the fourth one!!

Snibbo

And we're conceding less goals since he's come in, against two tough teams, than we did when Brede was in. So clearly he's not a bad influence.

No player is totally error free. Of course he makes mistakes, but so do H&H.  He's a bloody good bloke to have in the squad, and I love his passion.

Travers Barney

He was tremendous this evening.

coyw
We are the whites

Travers Barney

Quote from: A Humble Man on November 29, 2012, 12:11:54 AM
From the football first highlights he seemed to be missing for much of the match and Hughes was covering both sides. 

Chelsea produced very little and our three real defenders had no trouble in holding them.  As I have said Hughes was a real hero.

He was tremendous tonight..as was Hughes...not seen football first though.

coyw
We are the whites

Rudolph

Funny how those who went think he had a good game and the ones watching the extended highlights still criticise.

Still don't let a clean sheet get in the way of any bitterness.

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

I thought he had a good game, especially the first half.   We had a lot of corners to defend and looked tighter at the back than we have for a while...

MJG

The one real mistake which could have cost us was the foul when defending a corner. He was not even looking at the ball, which i dont like defenders not doing.

FFC1987

From the football first highlights he seemed to be missing for much of the match and Hughes was covering both sides.  

Chelsea produced very little and our three real defenders had no trouble in holding them.  As I have said Hughes was a real hero.

So just to get this right, your apportioning no credit to Big Phil for a great clean sheet at the CL champions? Oh and a 0.5 avg against Stoke and Chelsea away?

TonyGilroy

That must have been a hell of a performance from Hughes playing the part of two central defenders.

FFC1987

Quote from: TonyGilroy on November 29, 2012, 01:00:09 PM

That must have been a hell of a performance from Hughes playing the part of two central defenders.

To be fair, Hughes got my man of the match.....

alfie

Quote from: Travers Barney on November 29, 2012, 12:21:39 AM

Chelsea produced very little and our three real defenders had no trouble in holding them.  As I have said Hughes was a real hero.

coyw

I watched football first and i have no idea what Humble man is on about , for me Senderos had a very good game.
Still it is Senderos and he is the current scapegoat.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

MJG

Quote from: alfie on November 29, 2012, 01:46:10 PM
Quote from: Travers Barney on November 29, 2012, 12:21:39 AM

coyw

I watched football first and i have no idea what Humble man is on about , for me Senderos had a very good game.
Still it is Senderos and he is the current scapegoat.

"HEY!!!!! Don't forget about me" Dave

CH FFC

I like Senderos, I really do!
he just scares the hell out of me when he's on the pitch.  He is always liable to make a horrible  mistake, and he has little control.

In any case, I felt he did have a good game!
I would not give him complete credit on the scores of the two games  though, I mean yes he did not concede a goal himself.   The team has played much different since the injuries and hangeland's red card.  Which makes me wonder if Jol's confidence in Senderos has more people back helping in defence?

Rudolph

Quote from: CH FFC on November 29, 2012, 04:07:38 PM
he just scares the hell out of me when he's on the pitch.  He is always liable to make a horrible  mistake, and he has little control.

I would not give him complete credit on the scores of the two games  though, I mean yes he did not concede a goal himself.   The team has played much different since the injuries and hangeland's red card.  Which makes me wonder if Jol's confidence in Senderos has more people back helping in defence?

Hahaha.  

So we decided against our usual attack-minded setup because the lad at the back cannot play? It's almost as bad as Hughes did all the defending, from what I could see on TV.

Even when he is acknowledged as having a good game, it pains people so much that they resort to undermine his efforts.  Last year at the same ground he managed to get us back into the game driving forward.  

CH FFC

Quote from: Rudolph on November 29, 2012, 06:02:38 PM
Quote from: CH FFC on November 29, 2012, 04:07:38 PM
he just scares the hell out of me when he's on the pitch.  He is always liable to make a horrible  mistake, and he has little control.

I would not give him complete credit on the scores of the two games  though, I mean yes he did not concede a goal himself.   The team has played much different since the injuries and hangeland's red card.  Which makes me wonder if Jol's confidence in Senderos has more people back helping in defence?

Hahaha. 

So we decided against our usual attack-minded setup because the lad at the back cannot play? It's almost as bad as Hughes did all the defending, from what I could see on TV.

Even when he is acknowledged as having a good game, it pains people so much that they resort to undermine his efforts.  Last year at the same ground he managed to get us back into the game driving forward. 

As I said, I like him.....I just cringe when the ball comes his way.  He has an unpredictability, and I lack confidence in his abilities. 
He did have a decent game, but it is also true that the team played much different the last two matches. 

Hughes did clean up, and probably saved us a goal toward the end.  However, I would not say he did all the defending, Senderos had some good moments. 

alfie

I don't have a problem with people not liking Senderos thats fair enough, but to continuously blame him is just a tad out of order, ok he did mistime a header that could have resulted in a goal, and we have seen the same with Hughes and Hangeland, but then again the mightly Berbatov trying to be clever lost the ball which also could have resulted in a goal, don't really see these people having a go at him. Both Senderos and Hughes had a good game together, i certainly did not feel that Hughes was always covering for him, in fact i remember on quite a few occasions Senderos was the last man and defended very well.

I am not a Senderos lover or hater, i view him as a Fulham player and give him credit when he deserves it.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't