News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A Fulham Miscellany - a must for a bargain Christmas present, by Alex White...

Started by LBNo11, November 29, 2012, 11:38:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBNo11

...from the author of such Fulham books as "The Men Who Made Fulham Football Club" and "Fulham FC 1879 - 1979" and the co-author of "Fulham: A Complete Record, 1879-1987" - a veritable Bible of Fulham FC comes Alex White's latest book, full of miscellaneous facts about the club we love.

I considered myself reasonably clued up on the trivia of Fulham FC, but this is a wonderful pot-pourri of fabulous facts. The hardcover is an amazing £4.30 at the moment, and the Kindle edition just £4.08 - ideal pocket money priced items for any Fulham fans Christmas stocking.

Links below:-

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Fulham-Miscellany-Alex-White/dp/0752465260/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1354231505&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Fulham-FC-Miscellany-ebook/dp/B009TCW7LU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1354231505&sr=8-2

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Logicalman

Spot the difference ....

Interesting, the Kindle Edition is ...and the hardback edition ...

Damn, might just have to buy a kindle now ...

alexbishop

Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Burt

os5889

Dempsey is and always will be a significant part of our history, people need to accept that. I'll buy the hardback. I don't trust Amazon...

http://www.bitterwallet.com/amazon-and-the-strange-case-of-the-disappearing-kindle-library/60111

Amazon, and the strange case of the disappearing Kindle library...
October 22nd, 2012 • 28 CommentsBy Andy Dawson
Imagine if someone came round to your house, stormed in, took all of your books off your shelves and set fire to them in front of your very eyes. You'd think you were living in some kind of dictatorship, right?

According to a blog (yes, sigh, we know) that's kind of what has happened to avid reader Linn (no surname), except in a digital sense as opposed to a physical one.

The other day, as if by crap magic, Amazon closed her account and wiped her Kindle. All the e-books that she'd bought from them in the past – gone. Linn was concerned by this and emailed Amazon, asking them what the flipping heck was going in. Starting with their initial reply, here is the frustrating game of email tennis that ensued...

Dear Linn [last name],

My name is Michael Murphy and I represent Executive Customer Relations within Amazon.co.uk. One of our mandates is to address the most acute account and order problems, and in this capacity your account and orders have been brought to my attention.

We have found your account is directly related to another which has been previously closed for abuse of our policies. As such, your Amazon.co.uk account has been closed and any open orders have been cancelled.

Per our Conditions of Use which state in part: Amazon.co.uk and its affiliates reserve the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, remove or edit content, or cancel orders at their sole discretion.

Please know that any attempt to open a new account will meet with the same action.

You may direct any questions to me at [email protected].

Thank you for your attention to this email.

Regards
Michael Murphy
Executive Customer Relations
Amazon.co.uk

——————————-

Dear Michael Murphy,

I am very surprised to read your email. What do you mean by "directly related to another which has been previously closed for abuse of our policies". I can only remember ever having this one account, and I use it quite regularly to buy books for my Kindle, as you probably can see by my purchase history. How can there suddenly be a problem now? I use amazon.com and not co.uk for my Kindle, does that make any difference?

I sincerely hope you can help me solve this matter, because I would very much like to have my account reopened. And please let me know if there is any action I can take to help.

Best regards,
Linn [last name]
[Linn's phone number]

——————————-

Dear Linn [last name],

As previously advised, your Amazon.co.uk account has been closed, as it has come to our attention that this account is related to a previously blocked account. While we are unable to provide detailed information on how we link related accounts, please know that we have reviewed your account on the basis of the information provided and regret to inform you that it will not be reopened.

Please understand that the closure of an account is a permanent action. Any subsequent accounts that are opened will be closed as well. Thank you for your understanding with our decision.

I appreciate this is not the outcome you hoped for and apologise for any disappointment this may cause.

Regards,
Michael Murphy
Amazon.co.uk

——————————-

Dear Michael Murphy,

Is it correct that you cannot give me any information about

1. How my account is linked to the blocked account
2. The name/id of the related blocked account
3. What policy that was violated

I have no knowledge about any other account that could be related to mine, and cannot understand how I could have violated your policies in any way.

Br,
Linn [last name]

——————————-

Dear Linn [last name],

We regret that we have not been able to address your concerns to your satisfaction. Unfortunately, we will not be able to offer any additional insight or action on these matters.

We wish you luck in locating a retailer better able to meet your needs and will not be able to offer any additional insight or action on these matters.

Thank you for your attention to this email.

Regards
Michael Murphy
Amazon.co.uk

Linn is now massively confused and is unaware of violating any of Amazon's terms. Maybe she did, maybe she didn't. Either way, she's been stonewalled by them and is completely baffled as to what has happened.

Oh, and all of her e-books have vanished. NOW WHAT?

Logicalman

Update to Kindle story - it appears Amazon re-opened the account on the qt, but still no explanation.

Before buying a Kindle, read the T&C first!!

Just reading up on the Kindle T&C's.... the books etc that you download to your Kindle are only on loan, not sold to you.... they dont tell you that up front on the flashy marketing stuff, do they?

Copied from Amazon Kindle Website:

"Use of Digital Content.
Upon your download of Digital Content and payment of any applicable fees (including applicable taxes), the Content Provider grants you a non-exclusive right to view, use, and display such Digital Content an unlimited number of times, solely on the Kindle or a Reading Application or as otherwise permitted as part of the Service, solely on the number of Kindles or Other Devices specified in the Kindle Store, and solely for your personal, non-commercial use. Unless otherwise specified, Digital Content is licensed, not sold, to you by the Content Provider. The Content Provider may include additional terms of use within its Digital Content. Those terms will also apply, but this Agreement will govern in the event of a conflict. Some Digital Content, such as Periodicals, may not be available to you through Reading Applications."

Interesting - buy the hardback copy - I just did.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: os5889 on November 30, 2012, 07:34:37 AM
Dempsey is and always will be a significant part of our history, people need to accept that. I'll buy the hardback.

When a bit of perspective kicks in it will be seen that Dempsey comes some way down the list of contributors to our history, way behind players like Haynes, Cohen, Robson, Mullery and Gordon Davies and even modern day players like Murphy and Schwarzer and the Dempsey fan-boys need to learn to accept this.

Jem

"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

LBNo11

H3Matt

Thank you for promoting this, I just bought my copy :o)

PS - Also glad I don't own a Kindle, lol! I've always preferred the real thing, everyone in the house has a Kindle except for me. I'm such a rebel  :011:

MOR :

LBNo11

Fletchino

Saw this book in asda roehampton today  and made sure its the only book you can see. Got the idea from this forum. :-)

ron

The quickest and most convenient random access memory is still contained in what has for quite a while now been called   

....a book.         

LBNo11

...for those who have already bought the book you would have realised that yesterday was the 114th anniversary of Fulham FC turning professional!

So many diverse and interesting facts at a snip of a price - ideal for a Christmas present..!

PS: and don't forget stocks are running low for some of these items at Ashwater Press - click on link for the Tales From The Riverbank III, The Ashwater Calendar, The Ashwater Diary and David Hamilton's book.  http://www.ashwaterpress.co.uk/

Peabody

epsomraver