News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

When will Fulham be in financial trouble?

Started by Sector9, April 18, 2010, 08:09:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burt

I don't know about you guys but I thought MAF looked very unsteady during his pre-match walkabout on Saturday, which prompted me and my brother to talk on this very topic, specifically in the context of what happens to the club if MAF is no longer on the scene...

There are a lot of "ifs" and "buts" in there. But hopefully something which won't be a consideration for some time to come, and against which MAF is already putting plans in place for.

Logicalman

Quote from: ron on April 18, 2010, 11:43:03 PM
Thinking about Fulham's debt in terms of MAF's family fortune (according to the figures quoted...i.e £190M against £650B)...then it wouldn't represent much more to him than the fare to a Fulham home game for the rest of us........and as a bonus, he gets somewhere to relax on a Saturday afternoon...

Ron,

That was 650 Million mate... and the cost of the fare to a Fulham game to me is a weeks take home pay!!  :dft012:

finnster01

The way to do it for Fulham is to do exactly what the dark side did. Turn the debt into equity when he absolutely has to (and not before). This will achieve several things:

1)First he can continue to use the debt as a tax write off against his other business interests (which as Mr. Tony points out, he has done for years so he has recovered some of his expenses over time).

2) It will reduce the debt (i.e. wiping it out) and hence the value of Fulham FC will significantly increase so he can recover another part of his investment right there.

3) It will also result in dilution of all existing shareholders holdings, but as MAF and his family holds most of it anyway, none the less, they will actually own even more of the club.

4) The value of a solid Prem club continues to appreciate dramatically every 3 years as can be seen by the madness of Sky and the others.

So my view is simple. When it is all tallied up and counted, Fulham has nothing to worry about except:
1) MAF not having made provisions for Fulham FC in case something happens to him. I doubt he hasn't done that already.
2) If he leaves Fulham to his sons in a non-clear ownership situation, bad things can happen.
3) Want to make a quick buck. Feels he has taken the club as far as he can, and wants to lock in a profit for his family before he gets too old, and sells the club.I find this scenario unlikely as well.

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead