Previous topic - Next topic

Rhys Lightning 63

Bryan Ruiz set to be out another 4 weeks

Zdenek Grygera has been forced to retire from football

Sascha Riether will return to training on Saturday

Alexander Kacanikilic and Simon Davies back in training
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

cebu

Is there a link to the press conference still available, by any chance?

Burt

Berserker

If they are in training does that mean the are likely to play?
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Berserker

Oh by the way my Reading supporting collegues reckon we have lost our lucky pants like them  :-(

- Martin Luther King Jr.

ElissonSnygg

Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

Burt

ToodlesMcToot

Thanks for the link. Always good to hear Jol's version of things.

All the "sick note Ruiz" talk in that thread seems a bit unfounded given Jol's comments on the injury. Sounds a lot to me like the physios didn't truly understand the injury they were dealing with more than it does that Ruiz just can't stay healthy.

No real reason for the doom and gloom that so many seem willing to gravitate towards these days. We'll no doubt get the three pts (hopefully more of course) we need and be half way to safety before January.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on December 06, 2012, 01:35:50 PM

All the "sick note Ruiz" talk in that thread seems a bit unfounded given Jol's comments on the injury. Sounds a lot to me like the physios didn't truly understand the injury they were dealing with more than it does that Ruiz just can't stay healthy.

No real reason for the doom and gloom that so many seem willing to gravitate towards these days. We'll no doubt get the three pts (hopefully more of course) we need and be half way to safety before January.

. . . and you could see that Ruiz made a real effort to recover and strengthen himself after the injury at the end of last season.

FFC1987

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on December 06, 2012, 01:35:50 PM

I dont think saying people stating hes a sick note is unjustifed considering his record on the physio table. Regardless of if he got injured again or if he was just injured but no one knew the extent is irrelevent. He is injured again and its starting to shadow all the good hes recently done.

The problem is, he gets back from injury,he gets the match sharpness matches to get him match fit, then hopefully a good run of games and hopefully no injury but the recurring theme is he gets fit then starts to look sharp, then injured again.

Point being, its frustrating fans and I think its justifed.

JackyFulham90

Losing Ruiz is a blow we have missed him, his injuries are very concerning

MJG

From Physio room:

Bryan Ruiz Injury History
Injury Club Date Injury Reported
Hamstring Injury  Fulham Injuries  2012 November 18th 
Groin/Pelvis Injury  Fulham Injuries  2012 October 13th 
Hamstring Injury  Fulham Injuries  2012 August 28th 
Metatarsal Fracture  Fulham Injuries  2012 April 7th 
Illness  Fulham Injuries  2012 March 1st 
Knee Injury  Fulham Injuries  2011 October 14th 

FFC1987

Just to clarify, I'm not having a go at him, as I think hes a genuine quality player, he just frustrates me with his injuries which I think are frequent.

A Humble Man

Without Ruiz we have the very ineffective Petric or Rodders to play with Berby.  Looks like another loss as Ruiz is a key team member now as Berbatov is not half the player without his support.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

FFC1987

Quote from: A Humble Man on December 06, 2012, 03:06:08 PM
Without Ruiz we have the very ineffective Petric or Rodders to play with Berby.  Looks like another loss as Ruiz is a key team member now as Berbatov is not half the player without his support.

This is why I think you either play Hugo or I think try Richardson or Dejagah just behind.

CanadianCottager

Quote from: MJG on December 06, 2012, 02:48:04 PM
From Physio room:

Hamstring Injury  Fulham Injuries  2012 November 18th  
Groin/Pelvis Injury  Fulham Injuries  2012 October 13th  
Hamstring Injury  Fulham Injuries  2012 August 28th  
Metatarsal Fracture  Fulham Injuries  2012 April 7th  
Illness  Fulham Injuries  2012 March 1st  
Knee Injury  Fulham Injuries  2011 October 14th  

I'd add in a meniscus injury in December 2010 which slightly relapsed around March at Twente to that list, I can't recall him having been hurt in Holland before that so one gets the feel that was the start of his problems.

CH FFC

Quote from: CanadianCottager on December 06, 2012, 03:27:58 PM
Quote from: MJG on December 06, 2012, 02:48:04 PM
From Physio room:

Hamstring Injury  Fulham Injuries  2012 November 18th 
Groin/Pelvis Injury  Fulham Injuries  2012 October 13th 
Hamstring Injury  Fulham Injuries  2012 August 28th 
Metatarsal Fracture  Fulham Injuries  2012 April 7th 
Illness  Fulham Injuries  2012 March 1st 
Knee Injury  Fulham Injuries  2011 October 14th 

I'd add in a meniscus injury in December 2010 which slightly relapsed around March at Twente to that list, I can't recall him having been hurt in Holland before that so one gets the feel that was the start of his problems.

Well, break this down...
A knee injury in Oct 2011...which if I remember was pretty minor
Illness March 2012 - people get sick
Metatarsal fracture April 2012 -  I remember that one, peole thought he was playing it off.  He got up and then went back down.  Strange injury, but with todays lightweight shoes...could happen to anyone.
Hamstring Injury - august 2012 - key...this is the one that we are concerned with.
Groin/pelvis October 2012 -  wasn't that at an International for CR?
Hamstring November 2012 - reoccurring injury from August.

The worrying part was starting this season....twice with the same injury.  Which as stated they are going to try to get to the root of the problem, and correct it. 

I would not say he is injury prone, but more a run of bad luck (depending on what happens with this hamstring injury).  IF this becomes a chronic hamstring injury, then it is time to say Adios Ruiz!

epsomraver

Saha suffered from Hamstring injuries and always maintained the club forced him back too early, perhaps Ruiz needs proper time to get this sorted out in Germany

Berserker

We're doomed, doomed, doomed  :026:

Sorry having a bad day at work as well

- Martin Luther King Jr.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Berserker on December 06, 2012, 04:14:24 PM
We're doomed, doomed, doomed  :026:

Sorry having a bad day at work as well

Blimey what happened to the buoyant birthday mood? How was the show?
I would'nt say we are doomed but I would say this is not how I saw the season panning out and I cannot see a string of results heading our way with the way things are. I do feel for Jol, how many of us had Ruiz starting on monday?, but equally now 'he' is out for Christmas lets at least try and get the same starting eleven up and running for a few games. I know you can never plan for injuries but with mid season looming we are still fine tuning, changing, filling in, adapting and covering. What is the plan, 4.4.2, 4.5.1, 4.4.1.1, 4.3.2.2 ? If we have competition for places and strength in depth on the bench now flippin well use it to impose ourselves on a game or nail it.

You got me depressed now ...................