https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Derek Boateng

Started by FFC1987, December 06, 2012, 01:37:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: A Humble Man on December 06, 2012, 05:35:05 PM
Quote from: The Moose on December 06, 2012, 04:52:07 PM
Wouldn't say no though not a priority. We need a more creative minded central midfielder as a higher priority.
We desperately need cover for Ruiz, that's the highest priority, then a good centre back, then a creative central midfielder.

If we have creative wingers who move into the middle and full back who attack down the wings we do not need a creative central midfielder we just need two quality defensive midfielders who come forward at times.

Jol's System does not need a Murphy.

Maybe not a deep lying playmaker like Murphy but it's obvious that we need someone with a more creative bent than Sidwell, Baird and Diarra. This is why Ruiz has to constantly drop so deep because no one can pick out a pass to him or Berbatov.

Rudolph

Quote from: epsomraver on December 06, 2012, 04:10:08 PM
Quote from: Rudolph on December 06, 2012, 03:26:20 PM
Quote from: A Humble Man on December 06, 2012, 03:09:19 PM
He is a very dynamic centre back as well and that is what Jol may want him for to replace Surenderos.

Or an aging and less effective Hughes.

You really are a muppet at times

Dish out stick to Senderos all day, but not have a word said against an ageing player?  Shows that opinion is formed on popularity and not player ability I reckon.

As has been pointed out before, our defense was in decline BEFORE the last three games.  Nothing wrong with pointing this out.

epsomraver

Whats age got to do with it? Hughes reads the game so he can defend properly, Senderos cannot read the game so he gets caught out time after time and then has to panic and lunge in , try watching the game properly and see how many times Hughes covers and clears up with no fuss  and moves around off the ball, there are none so blind as those who don't want to see. I think you are just a wind up merchant, you are like " BIg Phil" change your name but not your tactics, even your mate cheque book has seen the light.

CH FFC

I would like to see him come in, he is a versatile player that can fill in the gaps.
He would be a great signing for us, for a number of reasons.

1 he is extremely cheap for what you are getting

2 he can play center back, defensive midfield, or central midfield higher up.

3 he will give Sidwell, Baird, and Diarra competition.  there is nothing wrong with having a position competitive in hopes of bringing out better quality in the current squad.

4 he could free up Sidwell to play further up the pitch for times like this, when Ruiz is out.

5 he is a solid player, and can compete with Diarra any day. 

6 Diarra is not going to be here for 2 more years.

7 Baird will not be here 2 more years (probably not 1, and I like Baird).

There are actually more reason than I listed, but these are very valid reason for believing him to be a good signing.
So in essence he is cover for center backs, and he can easily fit in and probably outperform our current CMs.....if he does not work, he was not an expensive gamble

Rudolph

Quote from: epsomraver on December 06, 2012, 07:35:39 PM
Whats age got to do with it? Hughes reads the game so he can defend properly, Senderos cannot read the game so he gets caught out time after time and then has to panic and lunge in , try watching the game properly and see how many times Hughes covers and clears up with no fuss  and moves around off the ball, there are none so blind as those who don't want to see. I think you are just a wind up merchant, you are like " BIg Phil" change your name but not your tactics, even your mate cheque book has seen the light.

His game is on the decline and age does count in football (Rio Ferdinand), so the point I am making is that a new, younger centre back needs to be a priority when available.  Hopefully the new lad will have an easier time from the crowd and Tony Gale.  We cannot keep trashing new talent in order to preserve the old, otherwise you'll end up with a situation were the player is bigger than the club.

I've said before about Phil moving on, probably best as he'll never get a fair crack of the whip here.  We have been woeful at the back this season, with teams ripping us apart at will, so new blood is definitely required and soon.

Bryanthebroom

Like the points about Jol's system and his needing decent defensive midfielders to cover wingbacks when they bomb forward, and indeed that in such a system we do not need quality playmakers like Murph or Dembele. I'd just like to point out that Jol might be able to bring in a decent DM on the cheap (probably for around 2m) but a playmaker of the quality Jol wants to bring to Fulham isn't so easy to come by.

Jol has to work with what he's got, especially when we're going to have to spend to bring in a decent CB, 2nd striker and probably a new GK soon as well.