watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Derek Boateng

Started by FFC1987, December 06, 2012, 01:37:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassey the warrior

This is an annual thing. I'll believe it when I see him stood next to Martin brandishing a Fulham shirt.

FFC1987

So would he be a good addition then?

cottage cheese

not really. He is a defensive midfielder but we already have baird,sidwell,diarra,karagounis. What we need is an attacking midfielder/dembele type which derek is not. Pointless signing in my eyes.

Burt

Agree with Mr Cottage Cheese... We need a more creative, offensive type.

FFC1987

Fair do's. Struggled to give an opinion when I know little to nothing about the guy. However I would like to see us sign Chris David and  Will Hughes!

TWFL

I like this guy. Better version of Dickson and would go very well with Diarra although they are similar sort of players.

JackyFulham90

I think this would be a good signing Boateng is a good player and a physical presence that will help with set pieces

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: FFC1987 on December 06, 2012, 01:50:45 PM
So would he be a good addition then?

I think that he would be a very good addition. That does not mean that we should not also be looking for another creative midfielder.

As a defensive midfielder he seems to read the game very well but he can also pick a pass. He has the additional advantage the he can play as a central defender.

The King

Derek Boateng, the new Carlton Cole/David Bentley.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: The King on December 06, 2012, 02:48:11 PM
Derek Boateng, the new Carlton Cole/David Bentley.

Derek Boateng, the new Yaya Toure/Fellaini?

A Humble Man

He is a very dynamic centre back as well and that is what Jol may want him for to replace Surenderos.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

Rudolph

Quote from: A Humble Man on December 06, 2012, 03:09:19 PM
He is a very dynamic centre back as well and that is what Jol may want him for to replace Surenderos.

Or an aging and less effective Hughes.

alfie

Quote from: The Moose on December 06, 2012, 01:41:45 PM
This is an annual thing. I'll believe it when I see him stood next to Martin brandishing a Fulham shirt.

I remember a certain current defender brandishing a Fulham shirt and then going somewhere else.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

epsomraver

Quote from: Rudolph on December 06, 2012, 03:26:20 PM
Quote from: A Humble Man on December 06, 2012, 03:09:19 PM

Or an aging and less effective Hughes.

You really are a muppet at times

Mr_Moon

Oh god, not the Boateng interest again.

He's been training with the reserves since mid-October and hasn't played a game since August. Unprofessional and overpriced, no thanks.

And yes, as people have said we don't need another defensive midfielder.

A Humble Man

Quote from: Mr_Moon on December 06, 2012, 04:23:42 PM
Oh god, not the Boateng interest again.

He's been training with the reserves since mid-October and hasn't played a game since August. Unprofessional and overpriced, no thanks.

And yes, as people have said we don't need another defensive midfielder.

We need quality defensive midfielders and he is better than Baird or Sidwell.  These are key positions in the system Jol operates where they have to cover for attacking full backs.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

Mr_Moon

Quote from: A Humble Man on December 06, 2012, 04:38:54 PM

We need quality defensive midfielders and he is better than Baird or Sidwell.  These are key positions in the system Jol operates where they have to cover for attacking full backs.

So lets sign quality then. Also what's wrong with Diarra?

Bassey the warrior

Wouldn't say no though not a priority. We need a more creative minded central midfielder as a higher priority.
We desperately need cover for Ruiz, that's the highest priority, then a good centre back, then a creative central midfielder.

A Humble Man

Quote from: The Moose on December 06, 2012, 04:52:07 PM
Wouldn't say no though not a priority. We need a more creative minded central midfielder as a higher priority.
We desperately need cover for Ruiz, that's the highest priority, then a good centre back, then a creative central midfielder.

If we have creative wingers who move into the middle and full back who attack down the wings we do not need a creative central midfielder we just need two quality defensive midfielders who come forward at times.

Jol's System does not need a Murphy.
We Are Fulham, Believe.