watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham Christmas Parties Of The Past

Started by White Noise, December 08, 2012, 07:58:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jms

Who's playing the Sax on the right ? Interesting that the Maestro can only manage the maracas, and LB11's hero is playing the very difficult clarinet. Old Demps looks a bit gormless  :drums:

sunburywhite

But the Maestro is three bars ahead opf everyone else

Sorry - who is it on drums?
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

TonyGilroy

John Dempsey on drums. Sax I think is Mike Pentecost.

keith

I think the bloke on the Sax is Johnny Byrne.

bulgariawhite

It's a clarinet and he has the look of a young Malcolm  MacDonald ?

jms

Quote from: keith on December 08, 2012, 11:57:44 AM

Actually I think you might be right....it's JB......

TonyGilroy

JB was twice that size at that time. He made Brian Dear look slim.

I'm almost certain it's Pentecost.

LBNo11

...Clarinet: Les Barrett + Drums: John Dempsey + Maracas: Johnny Haynes + Saxophone: John (Budgie) Byrne (positive - and he was not playing the saxophone - he was eating it!)...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Fernhurst

Despite No1 Dempsey looking glum, great picture, great memories which I have never seen before, Thanks WN.

NVII ( not very interesting info) Bout the same time as this pic, I was playing in the Surrey Senior League for a team featuring Budgies brother Micky.... Bloody good player.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

MasterHaynes

Don't think so , he wasn't called Budgie for nothing and by the time he came to Fulham he should have been called a turkey, looks far too slim for Byrne

LBNo11

Quote from: MasterHaynes on December 08, 2012, 04:09:07 PM
Don't think so , he wasn't called Budgie for nothing and by the time he came to Fulham he should have been called a turkey, looks far too slim for Byrne

...see WhiteNoise's link it is Budgie Byrne (looks nothing like Mike Pentecost BTW)...

TonyGilroy

Quote from: LBNo11 on December 08, 2012, 04:15:05 PM

...see WhiteNoise's link it is Budgie Byrne (looks nothing like Mike Pentecost BTW)...

In YOUR opinion.

LBNo11

...of course it is all about opinions - BTW these photos were taken after Budgie Byrne had left the club.

Here are pictures after Mike Pentecost had been on a diet and changed his hair colour:-

Front row 2nd from left

Burt

Ah......the age of innocence.

Nowadays given the cult of celebrity it seems to be more a case of get lashed, tweet something stupid, followed by some good old dogging in the car park.

OK, perhaps I am exaggerating...

The Equalizer

Let's all agree to disagree and just accept that it's Harry Secombe on sax.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc