watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mark Laurenson

Started by Andy S, December 14, 2012, 01:18:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

Mark Lawrenson's Premier League predictions Let's see if I am any better than this so called expert
BBC Sport football expert Mark Lawrenson gives his predictions for the next round of Premier League fixtures.

SATURDAY                    Lauro          My Predictions
Newcastle v Man City      1-1                1 - 2
Liverpool v Aston Villa     2-0                1 - 0
Man Utd v Sunderland     3-0                4 - 0
Norwich v Wigan             1-2                2 - 0
QPR v Fulham                 2-0                1 - 3
Stoke v Everton              1-1                1 - 2
SUNDAY
Chelsea v Corinthians      2-1                Unknown
Tottenham v Swansea     2-0                2 - 2
West Brom v West Ham   2-1                3 - 1
MONDAY
Reading v Arsenal           0-2                1 - 2

HatterDon

Do you not compete in the picking pool? It happens every week. Lawro is doing VERY well this season, by the way.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

alexbishop

Lawro predicts 2-0 QPR win...god he hates us
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

FC Silver Fox

That's excellent news. He hasn't got a friggin' clue.  I get worried when he has us down to win.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

alfie

Quote from: FC Silver Fox on December 14, 2012, 07:39:01 AM
That's excellent news. He hasn't got a friggin' clue.  I get worried when he has us down to win.

look forward to Sunday to see if that comment comes back to bite your a..., and will he be wrong after all if you look at an awful lot of posts on here seems that people are far from confident that we will win.

I of course always think we will win. :54:
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Peabody

Quote from: alexbishop on December 14, 2012, 07:27:17 AM

No He doesn,t. A few weeks ago, he said on 5 Live or The red Button, that if he lived in London, the only London team he would buy a season ticket for was Fulham. He also said he loved Craven Cottage and the way we play.

Rupert

Quote from: Peabody on December 14, 2012, 08:24:32 AM

No He doesn,t. A few weeks ago, he said on 5 Live or The red Button, that if he lived in London, the only London team he would buy a season ticket for was Fulham. He also said he loved Craven Cottage and the way we play.

Now, now. This isn't the place for inconvenient facts.

Oh, hang on, it's FoF, so it IS the place for inconvenient facts. Yes, I heard him say that as well. For all the knocking he gets (and I do my fair share) he is making a very good living out of it, and at the end of the day he is largely harmless. Let him predict us to lose every week if he wants, it makes no difference to us, does it?
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

FFC1987

Quote from: Rupert on December 14, 2012, 08:38:08 AM
Quote from: Peabody on December 14, 2012, 08:24:32 AM

Now, now. This isn't the place for inconvenient facts.

Oh, hang on, it's FoF, so it IS the place for inconvenient facts. Yes, I heard him say that as well. For all the knocking he gets (and I do my fair share) he is making a very good living out of it, and at the end of the day he is largely harmless. Let him predict us to lose every week if he wants, it makes no difference to us, does it?

If the chickens can do it, why can't Lawro?

JackyFulham90

QPR 1 -1 Fulham

Mackie to give them the lead, Berbatov to rescue a point

F(f)CUK

Lawro has a set formula for Fulham.  At home predict a win unless it is a top six team.  Away predict a defeat.  If feeling dangerous predict a draw.

Mr_Moon

Bold prediction in the Norwich - Wigan game. I think he's a useless co-commentator and a bore of a pundit but when it comes to making predictions, well he isn't as bad as people make him out to be.

Logicalman

Unfortunately for one that doesn't have a clue, he seems to do not so bad in the tipping league each season. Currently he's in the top 7!!

I think the guys a dil, but stats don't lie, unfortunately.

Forever Fulham

I think he's factoring in the sheer desperation that
QPR will play under.  The manager will have them up for this game.  It could get physical, with injuries.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Logicalman on December 14, 2012, 12:50:51 PM

Unfortunately for one that doesn't have a clue, he seems to do not so bad in the tipping league each season. Currently he's in the top 7!!

I think the guys a dil, but stats don't lie, unfortunately.

The issue with Lawro is that he never really backs fulham to do well. Most seasons we are predicted to be relegated.

I dont think he has anything against us, but on a match by match basis he obviously sees us as a bit of a soft touch.

How he did last season: http://www.myfootballfacts.com/Mark_Lawrensons_Predictions_2011-12.html

and this season: http://www.myfootballfacts.com/Mark_Lawrensons_Predictions_2012-13.html

MikeCdawg

lawro thinks we are worse than we actually are. he has predicted fulham to lose 10 times out of the 16 games and now 11 out of 17. he also has predicted QPR to have won 7 games by now and we all know how much they have actually won  :62:

HatterDon

and, yet, he's kicking almost everyone's ass in Logicalman's weekly picking pool. Hmmmm.

I think we win 1-2. They have no answer to Berbatov's creativity, Riether will tie them in knots, Hughes and Hangeland will continue to play well, and Sidwell is seriously on form. I think we'd be locks for a clean sheet if it weren't for the form of our goalkeeper.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Burt

Lawro is 5th in the tipping league, which is a pretty decent show.

Not as good as my 3rd, of course...  :dft003:

Forever Fulham

There's so much parity in the league this year.  Unusual.  Man City should defeat Newcastle by more than a goal, though.  Too much offense.

Northern Cottager

Mersons got us down to get beat 2-1 aswell... He is a proper donkey though. Cant stand him.

CH FFC

Lawro never does well with Fulham....and he hasn't done well with QPR either.  Which would suggest that he has this one completely backwards.  He has QPR with 24 points to this point, and Fulham with 14.

Kind of odd how he has done well with other teams??