watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful part 4

Started by Andy S, December 14, 2012, 11:15:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

I've already pinned my theory to the mast as to the score tomorrow but on what evidence are the bookies basing their odds.

Ok I can see where the  fans are coming from in that it is a local Derby and it would be just like QPR to tip us up. The thing is there is no logic to it. Harry is not the miracle man people think. Did he take that job because he thought he could succeed or was it for the money? He has nothing to lose as Mark Hughes put them in that position and he was unable to turn it around.
1. We will have a lot of supporters there tomorrow it will seem like a home game.
2 We had no Brede Hangeland on the field for most of our baron run. This is his second game back and that man is up for it.
3 We were superb at times against Newcastle and yes they had chances but we should have been out of site before they had any. They are a far better side than QPR
4 If we go a goal up their fans will get on the players backs I remember that ground as being great if you are winning but all the comments you get them all.
5 We won last season by scoring six goals. If we can only score 3 this time it will be too many for rangers.
6 QPR are without several players including Zamora and Johnson who would have been looking to hurt us
7 At the beginning of the season this would have been pencilled in as a win. Nothing has changed except in our favour
8 As Micky Adams Said  Think defeat and fail. As a team we wont be thinking that.
9 Whatever Harry tells them ten minutes out when it is all going wrong it all goes out the window
10 What have they got?

Tomorrow Get behind the boys and sing

Burt

As I have said elsewhere, on paper we should not lose this, but being a firm believer in "Fulhamish" it would just be typical for QPR to end the worst ever run of premier league results against us.

I do feel nervous about this one.

Still, I will be there tomorrow, standing in front of my restricted view seat in the upper tier, shouting the boys on.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Burt on December 14, 2012, 11:21:38 AM
As I have said elsewhere, on paper we should not lose this, but being a firm believer in "Fulhamish" it would just be typical for QPR to end the worst ever run of premier league results against us.

I do feel nervous about this one.

Still, I will be there tomorrow, standing in front of my restricted view seat in the upper tier, shouting the boys on.

I agree insomuch that I wont be surprised if QPR end their barren run against us.

However, logically we should be very confident going into this game.

This is football, however, so a piece of luck for either team (deflection, sending off, penalty, offside etc) can have a huge impact.

I will say this - if we score first, I think we will win as QPR's confidence is already in the doldrums.

fulhamguy

As all say we should be confident going in to tomorrow.

But how often are we the team that the opposition ends a shocking run against? Happens all the time.
COYW!

SaltfordWhite

Although I agree that we are a better side than Rangers, we are also a better side than Sunderland and looked what happened there.

We should be comfortable, but like others, it's set up for them to beat us in the last minute or something ridiculous and for Harry to be claimed the Messiah, again.

COYW!

I edited because that post sounded really miserable, and it wasn't meant to be. FWIW I think we'll hammer them, but I won't be shocked to see a scenario such as the above unfold, afterall, we are Fulham. :008:

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: fulhamaustin on December 14, 2012, 11:38:51 AM
As all say we should be confident going in to tomorrow.

But how often are we the team that the opposition ends a shocking run against? Happens all the time.

To be fair, this season we played Southampton and Reading when they were without wins and pundits confidently predicted we would lose. We should have won both games.

In fact, I think a draw might be most likely this weekend

Fletchino

I can not wait for tomorrow it is going to be our easiest game of the season so far the only game which will be even easier is the home game against them. We will piss it. 

JackyFulham90

We can definately win this game we have a lot of quality upfront, but a draw would be a decent result

bigalffc

We will win as long as our players play at their best  :scarf:
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

Lighthouse

I rarely forecast a Fulham win or draw and will not now. We all expect a Fulhamish score and QPR to win. But we can hope that we play to our strengths and find a result we need and would do us a power of good coming up to Christmas.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Quote from: Andy S on December 14, 2012, 11:15:42 AM
I've already pinned my theory to the mast as to the score tomorrow but on what evidence are the bookies basing their odds.

Ok I can see where the  fans are coming from in that it is a local Derby and it would be just like QPR to tip us up. The thing is there is no logic to it. Harry is not the miracle man people think. Did he take that job because he thought he could succeed or was it for the money? He has nothing to lose as Mark Hughes put them in that position and he was unable to turn it around.
1. We will have a lot of supporters there tomorrow it will seem like a home game.
2 We had no Brede Hangeland on the field for most of our baron run. This is his second game back and that man is up for it.
3 We were superb at times against Newcastle and yes they had chances but we should have been out of site before they had any. They are a far better side than QPR
4 If we go a goal up their fans will get on the players backs I remember that ground as being great if you are winning but all the comments you get them all.
5 We won last season by scoring six goals. If we can only score 3 this time it will be too many for rangers.
6 QPR are without several players including Zamora and Johnson who would have been looking to hurt us
7 At the beginning of the season this would have been pencilled in as a win. Nothing has changed except in our favour
8 As Micky Adams Said  Think defeat and fail. As a team we wont be thinking that.
9 Whatever Harry tells them ten minutes out when it is all going wrong it all goes out the window
10 What have they got?

Tomorrow Get behind the boys and sing

QPR have won none of their last seven Premier League matches at Loftus Road (L3 D4).

Rangers have scored just seven goals in their last nine Premier League home games and not more than once in a match in that run.

Fulham inflicted QPR's biggest ever Premier League defeat when they thrashed the R's 6-0 at Craven Cottage last season.

The Whites have won just one of their last nine Premier League away games (W1 D4 L4), but have drawn four of the last five.

Fulham have won five and lost none of the last six meetings with QPR and Rangers have failed to score in all six games.

(Chiple Chople on CC)
[/b]

LBNo11

...Andy S, you have always been positive and I have always admired that, and you may well be right - especially when you consider Bradford City have won more games against premier league opposition than qpr this season.. :011:
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

mr-ska

The result will determine my mood in the run up to Christmas.  I actually feel sick thinking about losing to them!  Im praying Fulhamish does not strike again!

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Quote from: mr-ska on December 14, 2012, 02:59:49 PM
The result will determine my mood in the run up to Christmas.  I actually feel sick thinking about losing to them!  Im praying Fulhamish does not strike again!

we have not lost to them since the early eighties....

CH FFC

I for one believe that you must keep a positive attitude/mindset.  If you people would focus on the positives, and QUIT talking "FULHAMISH"!!!

Seriously, anything can happen, but there is no reason at all that we can not when decisively tomorrow!
I know Fulhamish, but if you bring it up before every game......you are expecting something negative.  Then when something odd does happens, it is a self-fulfilling prophecy!

Good vibes - Fulham WILL beat QPR!

HatterDon

Quote from: LBNo11 on December 14, 2012, 02:33:03 PM
...Andy S, you have always been positive and I have always admired that, and you may well be right - especially when you consider Bradford City have won more games against premier league opposition than qpr this season.. :011:

So has Sheffield Wednesday
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel