https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

TIME TO ACCEPT

Started by SHADY1, April 20, 2010, 08:56:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHADY1

THOSE OF US SUPPOSED TO BE FLYING TO HAMBURG .......WON'T BE  :035: :035:

GUTTED IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT ...  :012:
we are Fulham stay realistic or be for ever disappointed ...

LBNo11

...I know you are right, apart from those who chose to travel by the coaches laid on by FFC departing Motspur Park tomorrow, that will be it.

A difficult decision by UEFA, the first reaction is postpone until the volcanic 'cloud' is finished, but there is nothing 'man' can do about nature, and nobody knows how long this will drag on for.

If they postponed indefinately the back-log games would have gone into the World Cup space - come to think of it it may not have been sorted by then either and will put the world cup in jeopardy too...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Jimpav

Sorry to hear that Shady.

There may be a silver lining to your cloud. Most airlines are allowing people to postpone their tickets up to 28 days and re-book in any class of economy (regardless of the orginal air fare).

Get on the phone and try and postpone your flight to 05 May. I can't promise you that Fulham will make it to the final but of they do you will be one step ahead of the rest of us.

Good luck!

SHADY1

I thought the final was the 12th... ???
we are Fulham stay realistic or be for ever disappointed ...

Jimpav

Sorry mate you are right, I peaked a week early - had the Stoke date in my mind.

Get on the phone and book it up now!

smj

I just don't understand, why your club isn't organizing alternatives, like coach travels. Everyone with a flight ticket could have decided within 24 hours or so if he wants to take part or not. If they started to arrange that from Monday morning, it could have been done. Hell of a work, but it would have been an option.

I keep my fingers crossed for you, we don't want to have a semi final without away fans. Good luck guys!

epsomraver

Th travel organisers have tried to arrange alternative travel but all coaches are booked and ferry space limited.

smj

Quote from: epsomraver on April 20, 2010, 01:05:58 PM
Th travel organisers have tried to arrange alternative travel but all coaches are booked and ferry space limited.

So my post is a little unfair, isn't it? I wonder if there's communication between HSV and FFC in this case.

epsomraver

There are two more coaches leaving Craven cottage Wednesday night and arrive back Friday morning 32 hours on a coach!

FatFreddysCat

Why dont a few of you get a thread going about sharing a car, 9 hours drive no tolls, not too bad at all.

smj

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on April 20, 2010, 05:37:41 PM
Why dont a few of you get a thread going about sharing a car, 9 hours drive no tolls, not too bad at all.

Perfectly true. I've done Hamburg London by car once, it's not that far. Especially when you can change driver.

Jimpav

Airports are due to reopen tonight at 10

BarneyTravers

Do hope this latest news means you, me and a couple of thousand others have won a reprieve Shady.

Fulham for the cup

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Jimpav on April 20, 2010, 08:56:59 PM
Airports are due to reopen tonight at 10
They've been saying that for days. And to be brutally honest, even if true, the Fulham flyer will be well bumped out of it , scheduled flights will take priority, then you've got the big holiday companys and Easy Jet/ Ryan Air etc, a one off Fulham Flyer has no chance. A bit of the old Dunkirk spirit is needed (but not the boats). It's a fecking 9 hour car drive, not to hard and cheap. That's how i'm going to the final  :028: .

leonffc

Shady1,
I may be driving yet. I dont fancy it but its a possible. At the moment I have a car full (3 definate) but I'll text you first thing when I know about flights, numbers, my desire etc.

If I go, can you get to cockfosters for 8pm? Ferry accross around 11.30pm (£60 shared). Petrol shared. Should get to Hamburg around 10am. hotel and drive back next day