more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Panic

Started by nose, December 17, 2012, 10:16:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

Panic?Not Yet. 

We made a good start, and have faltered. I think a lack of proper captain, a lack of influential central midfiled, a reliance on a gifted  Bulgarian and a tendancy a few wek ago for the manager to be a bit arrogant and tell the media we were better than we were has cost us more recently (I hope that reads properly).
Berba is a great player, I love him to bits but he wanders off so the others have to fit in around him, Petric seems to suffer and Hugo can't play his natural riole as they have to accomodate Berba popping up wherever he fancies. Further all breaks from defence break down because berba has to have a touch somewhere along the line, whether he needs to or not. That just has to stop, for Berba to be effective he myust be reigned in a little bit (not totally but a bit) and Jol has to make him play more as full team player. I don't worry if he doesn't come back to help out but I do care if he appears on the wing one moment and at centre forward the next and then deep in midfield, it leaves the others in no man's land. Some of this would take care of itself if we had a proper holding midfield player who sat in front of the centre backs, the lack of such a player was why we conceded both goals V QPR, Hangerland whilst not covering himself in glory was hardly the worst culprit, if you watch both build ups you can see the acres of space where such a holding player would naturally mop up. SNeither sidwell or baiord are playing that role and diara doesn't really play it either but murphy tended to, holding the spot in front of the centre backs.

I also think dropping Kaka was a big error and also not giving frei more of a chance. Even if they weren't at their best in their last performances that was partly because of the style the opposition played, but what they both do is attack the full backs at pace and we are very short of that. If they don't get more minutes on the pitch they will never improve.

I suspect we will play well against Liverpool, much like we did at chelsea. As long as we don'tr see richardson's name on the starting team sheet we might have a chance. I would play with Petric from the start.

Panic? no not yet but if we fail to take enough points from the next five games it certainly will be a viable option.

domprague

Burn down the disco.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.