watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Frei to return at Anfield?

Started by JackyFulham90, December 18, 2012, 11:45:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robbie

Tricky, he is too bulky and looked slow. I think Petric should start, although QPR was shocking I don't see much point in changing 6 players - even more confusion. Suarez is the only real threat - we should double him.

filham

We have played so many players in the wide left position thisseason,without success , probably time to give Kassami a chance now.

Julius Geezer

MJG

Quote from: filham on December 19, 2012, 07:00:10 PM
We have played so many players in the wide left position thisseason,without success , probably time to give Kassami a chance now.
I think Kaca has been a decent sucess. He has linked up well with Berbatov in games.
I dont agree with Jol dropping him for away games or so sharply after one poor game.
And thats not me saying no to Kasami getting a run or at least some sub apperances. But as we all know now if your under 28 you get one chance and then your out. over 30 you get a lot of chances.

A Humble Man

He will be playing in torrential rain again on Saturday.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

BishopsParkFantastic

Quote from: The Moose on December 19, 2012, 01:28:02 PM
It is surely better to be playing with and against experienced players in the Championship or even League 1 or 2 in real competitions than with and against 18-21 year olds in a competition that not all clubs take seriously.

Frei could have had valuable playing time in what is a highly competitive and high quality U21s. 85 minutes in 5 matches for Cardiff - now that is useful! and, what did it do for his confidence or development? Now, we have Stockdale being pulled over the place - on loan, not on loan, on the bench...... We treat our young players badly and use them poorly. Stockdale, Frei, Trotta and perhaps even Kaca will be off. I don't blame them. Fulham, a team for the the over 30s!

Martin Jol On Toast

Completely agree, now is a time more than ever for Frei to bring some flair into our lifeless midfield

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: BishopsParkFantastic on December 19, 2012, 10:06:01 PM
Quote from: The Moose on December 19, 2012, 01:28:02 PM
It is surely better to be playing with and against experienced players in the Championship or even League 1 or 2 in real competitions than with and against 18-21 year olds in a competition that not all clubs take seriously.

Frei could have had valuable playing time in what is a highly competitive and high quality U21s. 85 minutes in 5 matches for Cardiff - now that is useful! and, what did it do for his confidence or development? Now, we have Stockdale being pulled over the place - on loan, not on loan, on the bench...... We treat our young players badly and use them poorly. Stockdale, Frei, Trotta and perhaps even Kaca will be off. I don't blame them. Fulham, a team for the the over 30s!

You cut out the part of my post that said "He was sent to Cardiff to get some playing time but he didn't get it so he was brought back". Of course 85 minutes was unsatisfactory.

Again, I would say that playing with and against experienced players in league games in front of crowds of thousands rather than tens once or twice a week is better preparation for the PL than playing with and against 18-21 year olds but obviously you have a different view.

Also, I don't think that we treat our young players badly but some posters like to believe that our club gets most things wrong.

JackyFulham90

I like Frei I think him, Kacaniklic & Kasami are all really good and should be given a lot of game time as they are our future