watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Southampton and Swansea

Started by Admin, December 18, 2012, 11:49:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

These are must win games in my eyes, no excuses or we really are in the thick of things. We could be 4th from bottom after the Liverpool game so I'd gladly take a point right now if someone offered it to me. I'm writing this game off as I think we're going to get beat anyway, actually stuffed if we haven't got over our QPR performance!

Beat Southampton and Swansea and that puts us on 26 points, not bad going into the New Year but lose and draw one, we're seriously in the poo. Teams below us are on the up and we can't afford to slip.

JackyFulham90

I agree they are key games we can't afford to lose but I think we will have too much class for Southampton, the game with Swansea will be tougher but we can win that too

EJL

My pessimism knows no bounds. I say we lost both of them   093.gif

Serious opinion: We'll beat Southampton but get battered by Swansea just like last season. Then we'll really be in it.

Now that Murphy is gone, who's going to score the header that keeps us up on the last day of the season?

086.gif

CurryForMario

I think it's far too early to call this relegation deciding games - wait until after January 31st to see who jol brings in and I'm sure well all have a lot more confidence!
He gets the ball, he scores a goal, he loves to play for Martin Jol - Dimitar Berbatov - Fulham's Number Nine!

BishopsParkFantastic

Quote from: CurryForMario on December 19, 2012, 12:17:32 AM
I think it's far too early to call this relegation deciding games - wait until after January 31st to see who jol brings in and I'm sure well all have a lot more confidence!

....... and if it's Mackie?!

Bassey the warrior

Swansea look very good this year, even better than last season.

btings

We could win both, or lose both.  Swansea looked a disaster for the first month+ of the season and then got it together.   Even Soton have found some form.  I think we have the talent to beat them both but I am never sure what we're putting out with Ruiz hurt.

Good games, important games.

H3Matt

Swansea are becoming Fulhamish, so don't write that game off.
Speaking of Fulhamish, it's about time we got out of this horrible slump we're in. 7 points from all 3 games I say! A 1-1 drawn at Anfield, a thrashing of The Saints at home and then a nail-biting 2-1 against The Swans.

Berbatov hat-trick against The Saints   :scarf:

TonyGilroy

Quote from: The Moose on December 19, 2012, 05:11:28 AM

Swansea are having a truly great season as everyone acknowledges whereas we are doing dreadfully.

Strange then that they have just 3 more points than us.

CurryForMario

He gets the ball, he scores a goal, he loves to play for Martin Jol - Dimitar Berbatov - Fulham's Number Nine!

ScalleysDad

Quote from: TonyGilroy on December 19, 2012, 09:37:29 AM

Swansea are having a truly great season as everyone acknowledges whereas we are doing dreadfully.

We were winning games back in the day during their stop start period and what a flippin good job too. People are looking at the post transfer deadline date of 31st as the resurgence but take City and Liverpool away out of the equation due to the away malaise we have games against teams around or below us before the 31st. We look nervous and far less assured than for the notable Norwich, West Brom and Wigan wins and all of those sides look so much better now and again factor in the away malasie for West Brom and Norwich. How Jol can say Kaca cannot travel or play away fixtures is baffling almost as if there is a genuine voodoo type spell about the place. Beating Newcastle had a touch of highway robbery about it although had Berbatov crossed to Rodders when Krul closed him down or he hit the side netting a 4-1 win would have us oozing confidence and perhaps the media hailing Rodders as finding his form would not have looked so much like they were'nt actually there. "Aerial dominance!" ..... yeah right. The Saints and Swansea could trip us up especially if they go for it and our back four rocks a bit. Then its a rollercoaster to the West Ham game on the 31st and it is very possible that after bullying us around the park they take the points and we are only looking down on Reading. Take your best shot if you like, I will be outside all day, but when was Berbatovs last assist and more importantly his last goal? We need bulldozers not a porsche on the field at the moment and relying on Ruiz is very dangerous. He will be slow, the old match fit and match aware scenario, and then its Man U and Stoke and then more crucially its March.
Admin said something about the place, or was it the team, just not feeling right these days and I agree. The Cottage balcony certainly looks like a dull place to be these days even with the job lot of lights from Aldi.
Its sandbags at the ready again for the weekend ............. when will it ever stop raining down here.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: TonyGilroy on December 19, 2012, 09:37:29 AM

I didn't mean they were having a great season, I meant they look a very good side. A team can look a good side and not get the points to show for it, football games are often settled by individual errors.
Even if Michu is out they have Graham who is underrated and very unlucky not to be a regular.

TonyGilroy

They're having a good run whilst we are not but in terms of the season so far there's no significant difference.

We need to improve of course but who's to say that teams like West Brom, Swansea or Stoke, for example won't hit a bad patch.

hn4fulham

Looking at how these two teams have played, I'm afraid we might get played off the pitch in these two fixtures.

Basil

Would take 4 points from the 2 games. Lullana would be a big loss for Saints if is injured. He makes things tick for them in terms of creativity and we all know how difficult it is when such players are out.

mr-ska

If we manage 6 points from the Xmas period leaving on 26 points id be over the moon. It would leave us 14 points to the magical 40 point mark  which we could get even not playing paticulary well.

I remain sure that there is only one relegation spot open...  Newcastle are falling like a stone.

Admin

Quote from: mr-ska on December 19, 2012, 04:53:14 PM
If we manage 6 points from the Xmas period leaving on 26 points id be over the moon. It would leave us 14 points to the magical 40 point mark  which we could get even not playing paticulary well.

I remain sure that there is only one relegation spot open...  Newcastle are falling like a stone.

So are we mate.

Julius Geezer

We're bound to score a few against Saints. Still won't be easy, as it will be open with both teams trying to win. But I think we'll win.

The Swansea game will be tighter and more of a patient (boring) game and probably end in a draw.

CH FFC

I for one do not feel that these two games will decide anything.  I believe we should win them, but if we do not win them...it does not mean relegation!
Fulham have lost games that they should have won, and won games that they should have lost (just like every other team).
It is quite possible that we take 9 points from the next three games....Then again, it is quite possible that we take 0 points from the next three games!
I reckon 4 or 5 points would be good, and to me it does not matter if we beat Liverpool, tie with Saints, and lose to Swansea.  As long as things turn around in the new year, I will be happy!

I really believe we can get points from all three games, I just hope it doesn't total 3!