watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

This guy is quality

Started by fulhaman, December 19, 2012, 10:41:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhaman

For the price and wages. I have seen him quite a few times as my mate is a forrest supporter and he is very good. Him and Frank Lampard and I would be very happy about our midfield.

MARTIN JOL SET FOR LEWIS MCGUGAN SWOOP

McGugan's £5,000-a-week deal runs out at the end of the season

19th December 2012

By Ian Edwards

MARTIN JOL is ­weighing up a surprise January move for Nottingham Forest's Lewis McGugan.

The Fulham boss made tentative enquiries regarding midfielder McGugan, 24, in the summer but is now ready to make an offer.

McGugan's £5,000-a-week deal runs out at the end of the season and Forest boss Sean O'Driscoll is unlikely to offer him new terms.

Jol is a long-time admirer and wants to add more creativity to his side following the loss of Moussa Dembele and Clint Dempsey in the summer.

Leeds boss Neil Warnock is also in the running to lure ­McGugan away from the City Ground, but Jol wants the former England Under-19s international to sign a pre-contract agreement next month.

FFC1987

I haven't heard much about this guy but in terms of players in the Championship I'd like includes Will hughes, Peter Wittingham and mark Davies. Will Hughes definitly excites me for a young prospect.

CurryForMario

I think getting championship players is a bit risky - it's a completely different ball game in the premier league
He gets the ball, he scores a goal, he loves to play for Martin Jol - Dimitar Berbatov - Fulham's Number Nine!

kevin

actually its the same ball game........ Football !!  just a different level

FFC1987

Quote from: CurryForMario on December 19, 2012, 01:50:49 PM
I think getting championship players is a bit risky - it's a completely different ball game in the premier league

Whereas picking players from other leagues isn't? Regardless it's a gamble but its definitly worth taking!

PokerMatt

Mcgugan is a class player. In my opinion one of the best in that league. He has that very important trait of being able to score goals from nothing. Which we need so much.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Mr K.Dilkington

I know there just compilations and don't show the one's that he puts into row z but have you seen some of his goals!?. Crazy thirty yard strikes and nice build up play, while not forgetting a screamer of a free kick against Ipswich. He does look like the sought of player fulham need in the middle of the park, box to box but also with an eye for goal. Because the midfield we have at the moment don't chip in enough with goals to help out the likes of Berba, I know you could say Sidwell has four goals already this season from midfield but I highly doubt that that's going to continue throughout the season. In summary for the possible wages that we might be able to get him on, potential of becoming a very good premiership player, and overall transfer fee I think it's a bit of a no brainer, if anything he would add some good competition and needed strength in depth.

:scarf:
Foolish ham

FFC1987

Like I mentioned, bring in Will Hughes too, I like him a lot!

west kowloon white

EJL

Will Hughes will go to a top four team.

Jack Fulham

Tell that to Norwich.

CurryForMario

Quote from: FFC1987 on December 19, 2012, 02:06:49 PM
Whereas picking players from other leagues isn't? Regardless it's a gamble but its definitly worth taking!

I guess it is a gamble, and it could pay off, however there's such a huge track record of 'championship stars' who have failed to establish themselves in the premier league.
He gets the ball, he scores a goal, he loves to play for Martin Jol - Dimitar Berbatov - Fulham's Number Nine!

Apprentice to the Maestro

We should stick to proven PL players like Rodallega and Richardson?

Every transfer is a risk. Some show the qualities expected. Some go backwards. Some blossom. It's a matter of judgement and luck. Why should the purchase of Smalling have worked out?

p.s. still hoping that Rodallega and Richardson might come good.

west kowloon white

Don't think the Norwich team entirely consists of players whose previous" highest level" was the Championship?
Though obviously many played in that league last year-stand to be corrected,however?

Jack Fulham

Quote from: west kowloon white on December 19, 2012, 04:41:52 PM
Don't think the Norwich team entirely consists of players whose previous" highest level" was the Championship?
Though obviously many played in that league last year-stand to be corrected,however?

pretty much all of them bar Turner, Garrido, Bassong and Tettey although Turner came from lower leagues with Hull anyway.

FFC1987

Would be a shame if Hughes did as he looks a proper talent and his career would stall if he was left to the bench! I'm both excited for January and dreading it because I'm expecting some business but realistically think it will be limited.

epsomraver

Quote from: FFC to the Max on December 19, 2012, 02:50:06 PM
I know there just compilations and don't show the one's that he puts into row z but have you seen some of his goals!?. Crazy thirty yard strikes and nice build up play, while not forgetting a screamer of a free kick against Ipswich. He does look like the sought of player fulham need in the middle of the park, box to box but also with an eye for goal. Because the midfield we have at the moment don't chip in enough with goals to help out the likes of Berba, I know you could say Sidwell has four goals already this season from midfield but I highly doubt that that's going to continue throughout the season. In summary for the possible wages that we might be able to get him on, potential of becoming a very good premiership player, and overall transfer fee I think it's a bit of a no brainer, if anything he would add some good competition and needed strength in depth.

:scarf:

Crazy thirty yard strikes and nice build up play,he won't fit in with us, things like that are frowned on at Fulham :hook:

CH FFC

I read somewhere that this is a summer target.  They will want too much in the winter, but Jol feels confident he will sign a pre in January.

Mr K.Dilkington

At least he looks like a positive player who isn't scared of taking a shot at goal, unlike pretty much everyone who played against QPR excluding Petric. Correct me if i'm wrong but didn't Taarabt's second goal come from nobody being able to decide what to do with the ball on the edge of QPR's box in the second half, then QPR getting the ball from a bad pass and counter attacking. Before that move broke down which resulted in the second, loads of room opened up for Baird to have a shot and what did he do pass it sideways. Don't get me wrong I really like Baird but we need to change our opinion of what is frowned upon at Fulham and get players who are'nt scared to take some responsibility and have a shot when there isn't a chance of playing the ball through multiple defenders on the edge of there box.
Foolish ham

CH FFC

Quote from: FFC to the Max on December 19, 2012, 07:57:20 PM
At least he looks like a positive player who isn't scared of taking a shot at goal, unlike pretty much everyone who played against QPR excluding Petric. Correct me if i'm wrong but didn't Taarabt's second goal come from nobody being able to decide what to do with the ball on the edge of QPR's box in the second half, then QPR getting the ball from a bad pass and counter attacking. Before that move broke down which resulted in the second, loads of room opened up for Baird to have a shot and what did he do pass it sideways. Don't get me wrong I really like Baird but we need to change our opinion of what is frowned upon at Fulham and get players who are'nt scared to take some responsibility and have a shot when there isn't a chance of playing the ball through multiple defenders on the edge of there box.

Baird's worst game this season, and I agree we really really need to stop passing backwards, and sideways!!!!!!!!!!