watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So, it's Neil Etheridge that Stockdale is being recalled to replace

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, December 20, 2012, 01:08:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhys Lightning 63

We've brought back a promising young keeper, to sit on the bench instead of starting at Hull.

Great call Fulham, superb
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

JBH

He has been recalled to cover schwarzer because etheridge can't, if schwarz got injured in the 1st half on saturday and we had no decent cover on the bench then you and many others would be the 1st to moan.

The club have done what they have had to can't you se that??

JackyFulham90

Meerkat

Quote from: JBH on December 20, 2012, 01:12:11 PM
He has been recalled to cover schwarzer because etheridge can't, if schwarz got injured in the 1st half on saturday and we had no decent cover on the bench then you and many others would be the 1st to moan.

I can understand the reason why he has been recalled but everytime he is settled and getting match time he is recalled to sit on the bench.  I truly feel for the lad and it wouldn't surprise me if he will be leaving soon, which I think will be a real shame but you can't blame him. :002:

MJG

Quote from: JBH on December 20, 2012, 01:12:11 PM

The odds of a sub keeper being required must be for us something like 1 game in 100 (nailed on something happen at Liverpool) and for the sake of one game I would have had the 4th choice on the bench. Christ if he cant keep goal for maybe an hour he should give up.
I think we would ALL have understood Stockdale staying at Hull to get games while being on a 24hr recall, so I dont think we would have been moaning about cover.

Rhys Lightning 63

So what about Somogyi, surely as the 3rd choice (here at the club NOW), it should be him that fills the space on the bench whilst Stockdale is away
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

TonyGilroy

We've got 5 games in 15 days though which may be a factor in wanting Stockdale back with the first team in case he's needed.

I'd like to think that pre match training involves specific plans for each opponent and the keeper might as well join in.

SouthfieldWhite

First and foremost Fulham must always come first, yes it's a shame he didn't get longer at Hull, but I'd sleep safer at night knowing he will be on the bench against Liverpool rather than a 4th choice keeper, in this day and age you have to be prepared for anything, as the saying goes, fail to prepare, be prepared to fail

A Humble Man

Jol has done the correct thing, all these arguments are spurious.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

res

Can't understand the fuss. Loads of games coming up in a short period of time, Etheridge injured, so bringing Stockdale back is a no brainer. I hope that he's given a guaranteed game, though, obviously the Blackpool Cup game is the most likely.

Agree that the club should be up front with him re his future.

EJL

Quote from: TonyGilroy on December 20, 2012, 01:41:50 PM
We've got 5 games in 15 days though which may be a factor in wanting Stockdale back with the first team in case he's needed.

I'd like to think that pre match training involves specific plans for each opponent and the keeper might as well join in.
Wow. I didn't realise quite how busy the Christmas period is.

Bassey the warrior

Bizarre decision. We have a 24 hour recall option if Mark gets injured. This shows a severe lack of faith in Somogyi, that he's not even good enough to warm the bench. That begs the question of why Jol hasn't sold him. He's preventing one of our younger keepers from playing.
Unless Stocky has been promised games this is only going to unsettle him.

David Allen Crankshaw

I can understand Stockdale's frustration but also it doesn't do anything for the confidence of Somogyi if he knows that he will never even sit on the bench never mind actually get a game.

hongkongfulham