https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kasami has to play on Saturday

Started by sunburywhite, December 20, 2012, 06:47:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunburywhite

HE HAS TO GET A GO IN THE SIDE

He cannot be any worse than anyone who played last week
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

alexbishop

He didn't even make our U21 side t'other day...
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

sunburywhite

Thats great news, they are protecting him for Saturday
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

MJG

Quote from: sunburywhite on December 20, 2012, 07:04:11 PM
Thats great news, they are protecting him for Saturday
I'll have some of what your on.

Bassey the warrior

Why? What has he done to show he deserves it? Richardson may have been crap for us but he's a proven Premier League player. Rodallega may have been poor but he is too and he had an excellent game on Monday. Every player that has played has either proven himself in the league or taken his chance and made it hard for the manager not to pick him.
Kasami has never really impressed when playing, he looks out of his depth at the moment. And I presume he hasn't impressed sufficiently in training either. The manager will pick the best team available to him and rightly so.
This boy should've gone out on loan but it didn't happen for whatever reason.

MJG

Quote from: The Moose on December 20, 2012, 07:15:34 PM
Why? What has he done to show he deserves it? Richardson may have been crap for us but he's a proven Premier League player. Rodallega may have been poor but he is too and he had an excellent game on Monday. Every player that has played has either proven himself in the league or taken his chance and made it hard for the manager not to pick him.
Kasami has never really impressed when playing, he looks out of his depth at the moment. And I presume he hasn't impressed sufficiently in training either. The manager will pick the best team available to him and rightly so.
kasami has played 8 games since joining us. Richardson has started 5 and came on as sub once. Richardson apart from his goal has been bloody dreadful in everygame. Does not matter how proven a player is. I would give Kasami a chance before Richardson.

JackyFulham90

Kasami is worth a start I feel especially with our injury crises

Frankie-Peter Taylor

Firstly, he probably didn't play for the under 21s because we know we have no Diarra and Sidwell, if he were to get injured in the u21 game, it would be Tavares on the bench and I know what I would rather.

As you say, Kasami can't play any worse than any of the side on the weekend. He's shown better quality than Richardson has in a Fulham shirt. Also, how can he improve without competitive games? Aston Villa play a bunch of young lads an we play a team of older players and they are only two points behind us, so the opinion that he wouldn't do well would really have to have some good backing....

yatewhite

I really can't understand this obsession with some supporters to get Kasami in the team. It seems to be based solely on the 'he can't be any worse than what we've got' scenario. Has anybody been impressed with his (admitedly limited) performances so far? Has anybody seen him at Motspur Park training? Team selection must be based on what Jol sees day in, day out, coupled with actual performances on the day. On that basis, I agree that Richardson will be lucky to start the next game, but on what basis is Kasami entitled to stake a claim for a starting place?

cmg

The signing, in Summer 2011, of Pajtim Kasami seemed quite exciting. Young bloke, little bit of Serie A, little bit of International experience, loads of potential. He's still got the potential, but hasn't really done much to justify the original excitement. He's started a handful of matches and made a few more sub appearances. He's never played a full 90 minutes and, although occasionally showing some useful touches, has never made an outstanding contribution. This year he has made a couple of starts and a couple of sub appearances for the u-21, again without hitting the headlines.

A funny thing happened on Saturday. We capitulated abjectly to a poor QPR side, the whole side were pathetic. No that wasn't the funny thing, that was not in the least bit amusing. No, the funny thing was the answer that seemed to spring immediately to the fertile minds of so many of our correspondents. 'Send for Pajtim Kasami'. This despite any previous evidence that the young man had it in him to play the role of Saviour. The best rationale seemed to be, 'Well, he coudn't do any worse.' I am not sure how this has become an established fact, but even then it doesn't seem to me to be a particularly compelling reason.

I hope he plays on Saturday and has a stormer. I hope he goes on to become one of the all-time great Fulham players. He still has time on his side. But I would like to see a bit more evidence before hailing him, despite the season, as the Messiah.

alexbishop

just shows how crap our squad is really...
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

yatewhite

Quote from: cmg on December 20, 2012, 09:19:45 PM
The signing, in Summer 2011, of Pajtim Kasami seemed quite exciting. Young bloke, little bit of Serie A, little bit of International experience, loads of potential. He's still got the potential, but hasn't really done much to justify the original excitement. He's started a handful of matches and made a few more sub appearances. He's never played a full 90 minutes and, although occasionally showing some useful touches, has never made an outstanding contribution. This year he has made a couple of starts and a couple of sub appearances for the u-21, again without hitting the headlines.

A funny thing happened on Saturday. We capitulated abjectly to a poor QPR side, the whole side were pathetic. No that wasn't the funny thing, that was not in the least bit amusing. No, the funny thing was the answer that seemed to spring immediately to the fertile minds of so many of our correspondents. 'Send for Pajtim Kasami'. This despite any previous evidence that the young man had it in him to play the role of Saviour. The best rationale seemed to be, 'Well, he coudn't do any worse.' I am not sure how this has become an established fact, but even then it doesn't seem to me to be a particularly compelling reason.

I hope he plays on Saturday and has a stormer. I hope he goes on to become one of the all-time great Fulham players. He still has time on his side. But I would like to see a bit more evidence before hailing him, despite the season, as the Messiah.

A Humble Man

The manager see every player every day I am sure he is the best judge of who is best in each position.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

mangoputney

Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

FFC1987

Quote from: A Humble Man on December 20, 2012, 10:31:33 PM
The manager see every player every day I am sure he is the best judge of who is best in each position.

Well said.

earlbeatty

Will be a big call to stick someone into the side with v.little match time under his belt.....but whatever choice Jol goes for in centre mid, this could be the case. We'll all find out tomorrow!!

Would be nice to sneak another victory at Anfield tomorrow and be above them for Xmas!!

EB

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: MJG on December 20, 2012, 07:23:15 PM
Quote from: The Moose on December 20, 2012, 07:15:34 PM
kasami has played 8 games since joining us. Richardson has started 5 and came on as sub once. Richardson apart from his goal has been bloody dreadful in everygame. Does not matter how proven a player is. I would give Kasami a chance before Richardson.

And that's a reason not to play Richardson rather than to play Kasami.

Legate21

"@PajtimKasami: See you http://t.co/qAFbIugj"

He's on a plane, a small one by the looks of things. Are we flying as a team to Liverpool?

cmg

Quote from: Legate21 on December 21, 2012, 03:32:05 PM
"@PajtimKasami: See you http://t.co/qAFbIugj"

He's on a plane, a small one by the looks of things. Are we flying as a team to Liverpool?

Jeez...looks like he's taking off at dawn to bomb the Ruhr dams.

Admin

I honestly think he has to start, albeit along side one of the more experienced players. We've got absolutely nothing to lose.