watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Southhampton thread...team, tactics, concerns, tickets wanted....merged

Started by Darkside_Of_The_Spoon, December 22, 2012, 06:48:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CurryForMario

Completely Agree, Lallana is their biggest threat, and without him I can't see them causing as too many problems as long we don't back off them and let play.
He gets the ball, he scores a goal, he loves to play for Martin Jol - Dimitar Berbatov - Fulham's Number Nine!

CurryForMario

For christmas, all I want is Ruiz not to get Injured!
He gets the ball, he scores a goal, he loves to play for Martin Jol - Dimitar Berbatov - Fulham's Number Nine!

Whitewash

I'm sorry everyone, but I think you're all wrong. The only reason he may not start is as a result of a lack of match fitness. You don't put a player back in the squad if his injury isn't fully healed. If he is in the squad, his injury is healed. Jol wouldn't even risk him for 5 minutes if his injury was still lingering!

Shr1718

2 tickets needed for today but 1 will do worse case!

please call 0788 658 1927
Maybe season ticket holders not going??
Thanks

Zu-Meister

still got ramirez who is an impressive player, and puncheon everytime ive seen him looks dangerous. schneiderlin is decent aswell.

filham

We will still depend on Baird and Sidwell being on their top form otherwise our attackers wil again not be seeing enough of the ball.

A Humble Man

Best to start him and see how long he lasts than bring him on as a sub and having to sub him. Or bring him on late in the game when Southampton are tired or we are 6-0 down.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

Count Berbatov

Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

MJG

If he's fit then start. If there is any doubt leave him alone.
Jol has a habit of bringing players back too early, and this could just be a sign of panic if he's not really fit.

grandad

Coming back from a hamstring injury on a cold wet day is not the best idea. He needs to start after a good pre match warm up not sit on a cold bench for an hour & then come on.
Where there's a will there's a wife

RaySmith

Presumably he wouldn't be in the squad unless he was fully fit injury wise.

It's ironic - now everyone s taking of Ruiz's return as being crucial, when not so long ago many thought he was a luxury we couldn't afford (not me though - I did say earlier in the season that he would show his worth this season).

Anyway, I hope that if he plays he will be able to do a good job for the team. There is pressure on him, but then there has been since he arrived as Jol's most expensive signing.

nose

strange arguments. The manager is under pressure and if ruiz says he is fit he may well risk him. you see this type of thing all the time.  we were told ruiz would miss the whole of the festive season games, he has never recovered quickly before, so why would he now? if ruiz starts the chances of him breaking down will be high and caution should be key. I would rather struggle today and not risk him than watch him limp off before the end.

west kowloon white

Medical team got it wrong before-worried-but will be blamed on Jol if it all goes wrong?

nose

Quote from: west kowloon white on December 26, 2012, 11:49:41 AM
Medical team got it wrong before-worried-but will be blamed on Jol if it all goes wrong?

Jol is a grown up man, he has to use his experience for this type of thing. If the player says he is ok then jol has to make it clear that he really has to be. It's the managers judgement that is in question. If ruiz plays and is fit wonderful but it just seems to me a remarkable recovery for a player that is fragile!

I also wonder where petric is? He has hardly played and seems to be injured alot. Where footballers stronger years ago, we seem to have a very lame lot, diara injured too.

west kowloon white

No-Jol ,who I accept is grown up-will be advised by the medics(and carry the can)

zzamora

Quote from: nose on December 26, 2012, 12:04:40 PM
Quote from: west kowloon white on December 26, 2012, 11:49:41 AM

Jol is a grown up man, he has to use his experience for this type of thing. If the player says he is ok then jol has to make it clear that he really has to be. It's the managers judgement that is in question. If ruiz plays and is fit wonderful but it just seems to me a remarkable recovery for a player that is fragile!

I also wonder where petric is? He has hardly played and seems to be injured alot. Where footballers stronger years ago, we seem to have a very lame lot, diara injured too.

No its not. It's the physio call to tell him if the player is fit to play.

Some people are just insistent on pinning EVERYTHING onto Jol arn't they?

west kowloon white

I was being defensive of Jol!!The whole point is that they will advise him and have been wrong before-doh

ffcbulgaria

We depend on Richardson nOT starting. I hope he remains on the bench.

shnlwswlkr

Fulham is a professional club with professional physios and doctors, I'm pretty sure they'll know more about his injury then any of us.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

nose

and we all have experienced this type of thing before, in the end the manager makes the descision. at some point we all have to use our experience. All I am saying is caution is important when dealing with the fragile types i.e. ruiz.