News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

IF Jol is the problem, who is the solution?

Started by God The Mechanic, December 22, 2012, 06:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

God The Mechanic

I personally don't think that Jol is the problem, or at least not ALL of the problem.  But for everyone who thinks that he is, who can turn this round?  Who is the Roy to Jol's Sanchez?

RidgeRider

GTM, I just hope Macintosh is already speaking to replacements. What we are experiencing is partially his fault as well but the lack of any desire is ALL about Jol. The players are lifeless and don't give a toss, we need something new.

jarv

IF Jol is the problem? There is no IF about it. He came to Fulham in the twilight of his career, looking for a semi retirement . Teams just don't play this way when they believe in the manager. Body language says 2 things, 1. we don't care, 2. no confidence, except for Berba, nobody wants the ball.

Walsh

cebu

The main problem must surely lie with MAF & Mac - they've failed to acquire our summer transfer window targets ... leaving Jol to carry the can for the consequences.

I'm not suggesting however that Jol has succeeded in "getting the players on board" - motivation is part of his job. Maybe Jol can hire Al Pacino to assist with this.   :dft006:

sipwell

No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

ScalleysDad

Quote from: sipwell on December 22, 2012, 08:20:37 PM
BRING BACK SPARKYyee-haw!

:hook:

No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating.

ElissonSnygg

Solskjaer would be nice but I still have confidence in Jol. 
Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

Fulham_Surrey

Jol is not the problem.  We need a few better players and players to care more for the team.  I am sorry to say that but this is how I felt after this soulless performance today.

Apprentice to the Maestro

epsomraver

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on December 22, 2012, 10:35:40 PM
Jol is not the problem.

So who is? he is the manager ffs! he picks the team, he decides the tactics, we have become the most boring team in the history of the club and that is saying something, even Bracewell had a plan b....................sometimes.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: epsomraver on December 22, 2012, 10:55:55 PM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on December 22, 2012, 10:35:40 PM
Jol is not the problem.

So who is? he is the manager for f........s sake! he picks the team, he decides the tactics, we have become the most boring team in the history of the club and that is saying something, even Bracewell had a plan b....................sometimes.

I must have missed that game.
Apart from the Frei comments there is not alot of feedback coming from the camp is there? I wonder if anybody is going to write an open to MAF again this week? This performance, or lack of one, was fixable and did'nt get fixed and that is purely down to Jol being unable to change it. He either can't or is'nt being listened to. Bad news either way. People will constantly go about Ruiz, Berbatov, windows, money, Dembele and all that but there were eleven guys in Fulham shirts at Anfield today who could'nt even muster up a game plan amongst themselves, compensate for an injury or an obvious weakness or just play the basics................ and Jol brought some of them in so he can't escape that one either.  Big trouble at mill.

BishopsParkFantastic

Jol was hoping to reach the January transfer window in a safe league position, by bringing in players from the past ....and his past! It hasn't worked - results prove that. The team lacks quality, pace, structure, heart and commitment; yet, Stockdale, Briggs and Kasami still couldn't get on to the pitch today from the subs bench .....even at a time of our heaviest defeat and another of our dreadful performances. Team selection and player development is the Manager's responsibility.  We will probably lose any or all of Riether, Hangeland, Duff, Kasami, Stockdale and Frei during or at the end of this season - and Jol has already warned fulham supporters not to have high expectations of the January transfer window, even as the growing shopping list for new players for more positions continues to grow, and as team cohesion and confidence continues to spiral down.

Bassey the warrior

The players haven't been motivated for the past two games, that is Jol's responsibility. He hasn't been helped by the fact his captain doesn't behave like a captain on the pitch.
Jol definitely should take a lot of criticism for the negative approach to the last two games. We have a wealth of attacking talent and a depletion of defensive talent, so why play defensively?
His continued loyalty to Richardson is hard to justify. And Baird will I hope be dropped once Sidders returns.

I have no doubt with the right players our fortunes will turn around though, and I have no doubt that if he is back by his chairman he will bring in the right players. I am right behind our manager. He is definitely the right man for the job in my eyes.