watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jol's "Youth Policy"

Started by FFC In Oz, December 23, 2012, 12:13:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFC In Oz

Can I ask where this myth of Jol playing the youngsters actually stems from?!

Yes, he's blooded a few of the younger boys, but he rarely gives them a chance to prove themselves on a consistent basis.  Kacaniklic should be starting 75% of games - Frei, Kasami, Smith, Trotta, Briggs, Mesca etc are all players capable of rotating through the bench/squad and be able to step up if required for an occasional start.

It seems that he prefers playing the likes of Richardson (who we already know what he can offer - not that much) over Kaca/Frei, who have potential to turn games on their head (see Kaca vs West Brom & Norwich & Frei vs Chelsea).  Youngsters can only get better with match practice, as long as they are given the opportunity and confidence that comes with a consistent, extended run in the side.

Whilst I don't think it is smart to play all of the young boys at once, I think 2 could definitely start each fixture, maybe on a rotational basis.  Let the likes of Sidwell, Baird, Richardson, Riise, Hugo know that they are not automatic, walk-up starts.

Don't even get me started on the Liverpool game, deplorable sums it up best.

BishopsParkFantastic

The club has a well developed, successful youth policy - Jol hasn't; evidence this season, and the lack of opportunity Jol has afforded young players in the 1st team squad and U21s to gain experience in matches. Bad idea to send Frei out on loan to Cardiff for 5 matches, only for him to sit on the bench and get a total of 85 minutes playing time.  At least, if you are going to send young players out on loan, do so with the guarantee of match play and to the right level of club!