News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thanks, FFC for making me look stupid - something I can do very well on my own!

Started by DLTOOFIF, December 23, 2012, 04:57:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DLTOOFIF

I was asked to pen a 'half-term' report on Martin Jol and Fulham for the Observer. It appeared today. All fairly upbeat, which is not what any FFC fan is feeling right now (according to the various messageboards). Trouble is, it was written the day after the Newcastle match, in which I'd say all those wearing the shirt put in a decent shift and we gained three valuable points from an exciting encounter. Following that abject display at Loftus Road, I was at least allowed an 11th-hour amendment to the piece mentioning that fact. But it's two shambolic performances in a row now and things are looking bleak if we can't somehow stop the rot. And it's all very well talking about 'warriors and lovers', Mr Jol but the very least we want from our players is an acceptable level of effort and an obvious will to win, whatever their character. But never mind, folks, some idiot in the Observer says it all gonna be all right. Only if we click a switch (as we seemed to do post West Ham under Hughes) and field a set of players who not only look like they know what they're doing but who also really want to be doing so in a Fulham shirt. After watching some pretty good stuff this season, I can't believe I'm typing that.

LBNo11

...I agree - well with the subject statement :dft012:

Much has been written about players' motivation, what we need from the managerial level is innovation and inspiration.

Martin Jol has Cock and Dick behind him and we still lack penetration, do we really miss Ray Lew behind the scenes..?

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

RidgeRider

Quote from: LBNo11 on December 23, 2012, 08:41:03 PM

Much has been written about players' motivation, what we need from the managerial level is innovation and inspiration.

Martin Jol has Cock and Dick behind him and we still lack penetration, do we really miss Ray Lew behind the scenes..?

:plus one:

EJL

The greatest line I have ever seen on this forum.

Berserker

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: EJL on December 23, 2012, 09:08:56 PM

The greatest line I have ever seen on this forum.

Have to agree, best sentence I've seen, you have a way with words Ed

I'm just calming down from last 2 games, some say I have too much blind faith, but think we will be ok and will start picking up wins, I've always thought if we got a few injuries we'd struggle and Jan would be a big time with the transfere window, I do strongly believe we will spend in Jan and push on.
Supporting Fulham is a bit of a roller coaster and that's what's happening this season, I always believe and think we will beat the Saints and get a point against Swansea