watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

People need to stop being so fickle

Started by George G, December 23, 2012, 10:32:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

George G

I only joined this message board in the summer, but I joined because I respected what people wrote about.

Now, maybe it is because the old Cottage Corner guys have joined, but it is full of typical football fans. So, so, so fickle.

People ignore the facts and make irrational comments about the club and the manager.

Jol is the man for the job and injuries have been the reason we have performed to poorly in recent weeks.

We are streets ahead of where we were this time last year and with the January window ahead, and with players coming back from injury, we will be fine.

Stay positive and support the team that you 'support.'
Keep calm, think of Fulham FC

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Quote from: George G on December 23, 2012, 10:32:45 PM
I only joined this message board in the summer, but I joined because I respected what people wrote about.

Now, maybe it is because the old Cottage Corner guys have joined, but it is full of typical football fans. So, so, so fickle.

People ignore the facts and make irrational comments about the club and the manager.

Jol is the man for the job and injuries have been the reason we have performed to poorly in recent weeks.

We are streets ahead of where we were this time last year and with the January window ahead, and with players coming back from injury, we will be fine.

Stay positive and support the team that you 'support.'

Football fans are indeed fickle...

SouthfieldWhite

George all teams have fickle fans, but I'm with you here, I'm doing my best to stay positive and it's hard for even the optimists like me, but I truly believe we will be ok, we've had some bad luck recently( not including last two games) we feel its onwards and upwards now

COYWs

epsomraver

but it is full of typical football fans., Pleased to hear it, that is what a football forum should be full of. just because you may not like what the others say, they have as much right as you have to their opinions,it  does not change how this board is.

George G

LBNo11

...George G, genuine question - do you know of another Fulham site that everyone agrees with your point of view? Do you know of any football site for whatever team that has experienced such a bad run of results where people are saying everything is hunky-dory - it is just a blip - or is this site unique in how opinions are voiced..?
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Admin

Quote from: George G on December 23, 2012, 11:09:03 PM
and so it begins 

So because of a few fickle fans, you decide to make it publicly FOF known that this forum isn't what it used to be?  

Jack Fulham

Football brings people together and also sets people apart. You can't escape disagreement or irrationality on a football forum or anywhere else!

Kent Cassandra

I've been dipping in and out of Fulham sites since before the Offal began  and it has always been the same.  LbNo11 and co are doing their best to make this a discerning site but there is nothing they can do to stop people venting their feelings even if they are niave and uninformed.  I have often talked about the Silent Majority of Fulhams special sensitive, intelligent and humourous supporters and it is a shame that those who shout loudest are the ones who are listened to.
George, stick with this forum.....  good wins in the next two games and they will be looking at the Champions league.
Cornish Cassandra 1996, Don Quixote 2002, Kent Cassandra 2009.

George G

Admin, I'll change the title of the topic. Agree that it is slightly OTT

Admin

Quote from: George G on December 23, 2012, 11:17:59 PM
Admin, I'll change the title of the topic. Agree that it is slightly OTT

Thank you George. But like above, please try to stick with the forum, things will level out in time I can assure you. I for one can be guilty of being negative at times but that's part and parcel of forums.

CurryForMario

I agree completely, during the Christmas period let's just get behind our team and see our way through this tough spell - rather then getting frustrated and taking it out on the club and manager.
He gets the ball, he scores a goal, he loves to play for Martin Jol - Dimitar Berbatov - Fulham's Number Nine!

Lighthouse

As a fickle fan who is clearly irrational most of the time I just don't understand the following statement.

'Jol is the man for the job and injuries are the reason we have performed so poorly in recent weeks'

We miss Ruiz but that is it. Brede is just playing poorly as is our keeper and the club weakened the squad at the last transfer window. So Jol has a poor selection to choose from but failed to find tactics or the team to play since missing ONE player. Plus old players DO get injured more often poor old souls.

We are not streets ahead of where we were this time last season and every game makes us nearer the points we had this time last season.

I am an idiot and a typical poor fan but support isn't blind. I support my club by saying what I see as a the real problems. Jol and this squad are poor. We were better last season and had a few more options and were a few good signings away from something special. We are now a few signings away from safety.

Good debate but a debate that has to be had if the team are playing so poorly and led so badly.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

EJL

JackyFulham90

I agree that many of cottage corner are on here now which is not good that was a terrible forum

LBNo11

...so what if there are many more from the old cottage corner? Those who have joined and stayed have respected our views, they have joined as members and seen that many of the lies spread about this site were untrue - are their opinions any less valid, are they expected to agree with just one line of views? We have had around 150 new members in a short period of time and they ensure our little pool doesn't become stagnant.

With respect we are trying to make this Fulham website the best - but not an elitist one where if your face doesn't fit you are not afforded common decency whereby your opinions may be disagreed with but nevertheless shown respect...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Lighthouse on December 23, 2012, 11:50:02 PM
As a fickle fan who is clearly irrational most of the time I just don't understand the following statement.

'Jol is the man for the job and injuries are the reason we have performed so poorly in recent weeks'

We miss Ruiz but that is it. Brede is just playing poorly as is our keeper and the club weakened the squad at the last transfer window. So Jol has a poor selection to choose from but failed to find tactics or the team to play since missing ONE player. Plus old players DO get injured more often poor old souls.

We are not streets ahead of where we were this time last season and every game makes us nearer the points we had this time last season.

I am an idiot and a typical poor fan but support isn't blind. I support my club by saying what I see as a the real problems. Jol and this squad are poor. We were better last season and had a few more options and were a few good signings away from something special. We are now a few signings away from safety.

Good debate but a debate that has to be had if the team are playing so poorly and led so badly.
Correct.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

A Humble Man

The majority of people in most situations are the silent majority, the listener and watchers. The people who do the leading and the talking are usually very opinionated that is what make them stand out for the crowd.  In the main these are the people who come on this site as well.   
We Are Fulham, Believe.

RaySmith

True.

If you were to talk to the average Fulham fan, you would find much greater support for the the team and for Jol, than on here. And I think this has always been the same - since  internet fan forums began.

Most fans don't post on internet forums, or take part in radio phone-ins, or Twitter.

Berserker

I don't know think it's being fickle, most people that know i support Fulham have said of late, 'Fulham aren't doing very well lately, they're having a bad run of form' or words along those lines. This was one of the comments from my in-laws when i got here Saturday night, and then they put MOTD on the television so i could see us lose to Liverpool. Therefore it's not just FOFer's, whether ex Cottage Corner that think we are having problems.
Anyway i just think there were just a few WUM's etc on Cottage Corner that spoilt it, other people there were fine.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.