watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

My kingdom for our defense

Started by timmyg, December 24, 2012, 01:21:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timmyg

A lot of focus has been on individuals and center midfield, but my word does our entire defense need an overhaul in personnel or mission. The 33GA is tied for 2nd worst with Soho and Wigan. That is not good company to keep.

Can someone explain to me what Riise has been offering? I thought it was his job to go forward...perhaps that's changed but if you look at his stats his play is all sideways and backwards--and a big reason the left of our midfield has been a blackhole all season. Not sure who replaces him, but a spot on the bench has to be considered (and this goes beyond yesterday's performance).

Contract extension? Sorry, but Brede is a season away from the Championship with his recent form. What was once a firm and stoic defender is now indecisive and malleable. What makes it all the more troubling is that Senderos isn't the answer. And he's our captain. We're in a really tough spot unless he turns it around.

Hughes? Well..is it troubling I really have nothing positive nor negative to say? He hasn't stood out (in this context might be a good thing?) but sort of wish he would considering his compatriots form.

That is, outside of Reither. The only bright spot. We should all be thankful.

For those calling for Stockdale....shush. We would kill his confidence with that back line (look how long it took his form to recover after Ipswich). I'd rather keep Mark and his "status quo" play until our D gets straightened out before destroying any hope for a future.

"Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever." -- Terrelle Pryor, on Michael Vick

spikey norman

a creative central midfielder such as the ones mentioned elsewhere on this board is a priority but so is one such as boeteng who can help the defence when under pressure
i would also love for us to sign someone like douglas or christopher samba as competition to hughes/hangeland - kelley is decent cover for riether and richardson for john arne
the 34 goals against is a big worry and is the most fulham have ever conceded at this stage in the prem and the most in the top flight since 67-68 (34 goals) and we know what happened then