watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Southhampton Match Thread......

Started by rusty shackleford, December 26, 2012, 02:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

horse1031

I have to tell you... kaca should have never come off for Ruiz.  Ruiz pranced around for 45 minutes.  his touch was off and shouldnt have come on until 75 or 80.  Baird really struggled today.  I thought Dejegah looked pretty good today and Reiter was good as normal.  Sidwell ran his butt off today and we should have had 3 points.  Stupid stupid hand ball by baird.

supersimmo123

We always look so light going forward, i dont think we can play someone off Berba or Berba just behind, we lack someone like a AJ who will run the channels with pace to create space, Dave does it but he is nowhere near good enough, Sendaros is unbelievable not even championship standard, we have major issues and I just hope enough can be done in Jan to sort out, after watching that Saints wont go down, so it opens another spot there.

TWFL

Attack good. Defence shocking. Jol is spot on with looking for a new CB and GK. Hope to god they still want to come as we desperately need them. Hangeland is not playing well, Riise is playing poorly recently and Senderos was distinctly average with him, Riise and Sidwell defending stupidly which conceded the corner before they scored.

Thought Sidders, Ruiz, Berba and Rodallega looked good though.

kennethwong20

strange substitution(s) as well...

I'm sure everyone is happy to see Bryan Ruiz back on the pitch, but Kaca was definitely playing well in the first half... taking him off for Ruiz is very odd...

or the Karagounis one...

Lighthouse

Berbatov was not that wonderful. A missed header and giving the ball away. So not one player or the manager seems to know how to keep the ball or pass the ball or where they are supposed to be playing.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Fulham_Surrey

We should have won.  That penalty was a shocking decision.  Why does Phil Dowd always referee against us?

L-Wizzy

not working as a team, we are not a team atm just a group of inderviduals playing in white shirts, we look like we dont know eachother like we strangers
Twitter: @officialslimwiz

TKFJ_FFC

Great idea to start Senderos.

He's been terrible for a while.

Rupert

Quote from: The Moose on December 26, 2012, 04:53:42 PM
Truly shameful performance. Still should have won though if not for Baird's moment of idiocy.

No, not Baird's moment, but Senderos'.

I admit, I personally do not understand why he is responsible for Baird throwing his arm at the ball, but I am on message for him being at fault. Doubtless someone else will explain it shortly.

The good news is, Alistair Mac can now clearly see we need to reinforce the team a tad, assuming he was not already aware, so next month will be interesting, to put it mildly.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: horse1031 on December 26, 2012, 04:58:03 PM
I have to tell you... kaca should have never come off for Ruiz.  Ruiz pranced around for 45 minutes.  his touch was off and shouldnt have come on until 75 or 80.  Baird really struggled today.  I thought Dejegah looked pretty good today and Reiter was good as normal.  Sidwell ran his butt off today and we should have had 3 points.  Stupid stupid hand ball by baird.

We looked by far a better team after Ruiz came on. But he wasn't fit for 45 minutes.

Snibbo

Quote from: Fulham_Surrey on December 26, 2012, 04:58:55 PM
We should have won.  That penalty was a shocking decision.  Why does Phil Dowd always referee against us?
Was a clear handball wasn't it?

PokerMatt

So Senderos is getting the blame for this one too?

Didn't Baird give away the pen? Didn't he also head straight to Southampton who then won the pen from the corner?

Didn't Senderos head the ball across to Riise, who headed it to Baird who did the above?
Follow me: @mattdjourno

St Eve

Quote from: Mr_Moon on December 26, 2012, 04:57:51 PM
Although he had a poor day, Senderos can't really be blamed for the build up to the penalty. Gale is a clueless idiot.

sh1t performance today yet again. I really can't wait for January.
i disagree. senderos was clueless again and Gale is absolutely correct

ScalleysDad

Quote from: The Moose on December 26, 2012, 04:53:42 PM
Truly shameful performance. Still should have won though if not for Baird's moment of idiocy.

The 45 seconds before the corner and then the feeble challenge for the header are worthy of lower league sunday morning in the park stuff.Between them six highly paid premier league footballers could not clear a ball in a pantomime scene that started at least 30/35 yards away from goal. Truly shameful performance indeed but where does the autopsy start? The bench, the dug out, the back four, the back four ............ its endless.
Audible boo's at the end.

Fulham_Surrey

Snibbo, it was a handball, but he got pushed in the back. That was a foul for Fulham to start.

Rupert

Quote from: Fulham_Surrey on December 26, 2012, 04:58:55 PM

The penalty was a textbook decision. You do not fling your arm at the ball, ever, unless you are the goalie.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Ordar

Quote from: The Moose on December 26, 2012, 04:54:29 PM

I wouldn't describe Southampton as very poor. Defensively maybe but they're decent going forward.

What did Southampton create? Ramirez looks a semi decent player when he's not throwing himself to the floor. Other than that they were poor. We've only got 2 points against them from the 2 fixtures this season.

If anyone doesnt think we'll be dragged into the relegation scrap, I'll be amazed. The myth over Ruiz coming back and turning round our fortunes is just nonsense. Theres weaknesses all over the pitch, which we just cant solve in January.

Our mf just doesnt exist. Chris Baird is not a premier league player.
In defence, with the exception of Reither, the rest of them Hughes, Hangeland, Senderos and Riise are making loads and loads of mistakes. And no it isnt just Senderos.
None of the wingers have a final ball, and they all lose it far too easily.
Up front Berbatov is dropping too deep constantly, Rodellega works hard, but doesnt look threatening. Petric doesnt work hard, and cant play with Berbatov
Schwarzer gives the ball away CONSTANTLY

grandad

As bad as we were I still think the bottom 3 will go down. We are 6 pts above Wigan + a much better goal diff. We´ve been in worse positions than this. Keep the faith.
Where there's a will there's a wife

RidgeRider

Quote from: TKFJ_FFC on December 26, 2012, 04:59:38 PM
Great idea to start Senderos.

He's been terrible for a while.

I'll accept your comment but how does that have anything to do with our winning or losing the match? He neither caused not lead to the the goal that tied the match.

Whether Senderos plays or not, we lose on the road and can't win at home anymore. The team is poor...why go after a player who had nothing to do with the outcome?

ron

Didn't see this game,but reading the opinions of those who did,it's difficult tow see where the points will come from in the second half of this season.....I was horrified to see the way LIverpool were just walking through us, and how qpr raised their game enough to take the points.....a downward trend is now evident, and morale is diving throughout the squad so that returning 100pc fit players may make little difference.

...time to begin asking questions about what is coming from the management....he proved himself as capable earlier on but in a results driven environment, reputation doesn't last long...?