watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

the defense today

Started by horse1031, December 26, 2012, 05:20:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

horse1031

i didnt think we were too bad in the back.  I dont know why Senderos gets so much stick.  He put in a decent shift today.  I think he looked a little slow with decision making today and could have gotten burnt by a couple of runs in the second half but he did not cause the goal in the second half.  Hangeland had a good game and I think Riise actually looked like he wanted to get forward a little more today than he has in the past month but he tired a lot in the second half and started struggling.  Rieter is a class act.  Remember, they only got one goal today and that was a goal that we could do nothing about since it was a penalty.  Would have been a clean sheet without Baird trying to grab the ball on that corner.  I think Baird really struggled today but Sidwell did well and he did a lot to cover the back for.  We need to upgrade our midfield terribly in January no doubt about that.

itombomb

I've not been one to particularly criticise Senderos, but his header across field that led to the corner where they won the penalty, and more generally he was terrible when up against Lambert.

Defence wasn't the problem though, midfield was. Sidwell puts himself about but is nonetheless a very poor footballer.

michaelread

i am by no means a senderos hater, but today was the first time i truly agreed with everyone who was. constantly off the pace, directly at fault for the corner that provided their pen, and always being left behind by gaston and puncheon.

Also he looks like a sad dog, can't be very inspiring or provide much confidence from his teammates.

Ordar

Interesting that Senderos is yet again taking all the flack, when Riise and especially Baird were abysmal

horse1031

Quote from: itombomb on December 26, 2012, 05:24:48 PM
I've not been one to particularly criticise Senderos, but his header across field that led to the corner where they won the penalty, and more generally he was terrible when up against Lambert.

Defence wasn't the problem though, midfield was. Sidwell puts himself about but is nonetheless a very poor footballer.

Sidwell was the one who headed the ball 30 yards back that caused the corner...

ffcbulgaria

absolute bs

Senderos headed an easy ball to Riise who couldn't kick the ball further than the Saints player 5 feet in front of him....

michaelread

Quote from: ffcbulgaria on December 26, 2012, 05:26:38 PM
absolute bs

Senderos headed an easy ball to Riise who couldn't kick the ball further than the Saints player 5 feet in front of him....

doesn't matter how easy the ball to riise was, he shouldnt have headed it across his goal to an under pressure riise, she should have gotten rid of it up the pitch.

itombomb

You don't play the ball blind across the pitch in your half. Riise should have dealt with it better, but it put everyone under needless pressure.

RidgeRider

The only way Senderos doesn't get the blame at Fulham, for Fulham's failures, is to be playing for another team.

horse1031

Quote from: RidgeRider on December 26, 2012, 05:32:09 PM
The only way Senderos doesn't get the blame at Fulham, for Fulham's failures, is to be playing for another team.

i guess so.

agreed that he shouldnt have headed it there but Riise, Sidwell, and Baird were bigger parts leading up to that goal than Senderos.

ffcbulgaria

Quote from: michaelread on December 26, 2012, 05:28:09 PM
Quote from: ffcbulgaria on December 26, 2012, 05:26:38 PM
absolute bs

doesn't matter how easy the ball to riise was, he shouldnt have headed it across his goal to an under pressure riise, she should have gotten rid of it up the pitch.

Oh I get it!
He should've done exactly what Riise did and headed it to a random opposition player who was directly in front of him.....

westcliff white

we had 3 chances to clear, the first the easiest, head it upfield, plain and simple no one attacking te ball so senderos had time to get  his header clear. he muffed it, riise was under a little pressure which meant an awkward clearance and that led to a header from baird i think went toward ssenderos who didnt move to the ball. so all 3 could be at fault but it started with the first woeful attempt which for someone playing at this level should have been a simple header. Dare I say if hughes was under than header he would have dealt with it better.
Every day is a Fulham day

EJL

Riise was awful today. By far our worst defender.

Danny

The defense today!?

Every team who pretend to play a modern and successive football must have a defensive players able to hold the ball or to pass it with accuracy and vision. Apart of S Riether I don't see some quality.
A new DM and a new left back could reduce the pressure at center backs , improve the performance and results of the team as well .

Robbie

Senderos had a much better game, perhaps he is part of the solution!

CurryForMario

Quote from: EJL on December 26, 2012, 06:10:21 PM
Riise was awful today. By far our worst defender.

Completely agree, he constantly looked Vulnerable against Puncheon.
He gets the ball, he scores a goal, he loves to play for Martin Jol - Dimitar Berbatov - Fulham's Number Nine!

Matt Inglis

Riise was appalling, Senderos was decent. Credit where credit is due.
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

Travers Barney

Senderos played alright......all started with that pathetic scoop/pass by Ruiz....we need his input desperately but that cost us.

Hangers never troops off at the end of the game like he did tonight...sad to see.

coyw
We are the whites

CorkCity

Our defence is pretty poor, not too sure about our defense. I like the offense, or the geezers playing up front.
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

bobbo

I dont think you were watching the same senderos as me he looked like he was gonna sh** himself every time the ball was passed to him.I really dont know whats happened to him he never ever seemed that bad last season and certainly not that bad when playing for arsenal.One good header is just nowhere near good enough we need him to be good much more often than he is bad but he's never good he looks really nervous but that maybe because he's getting stick from the fans.
An allround poor performance today the players looked like they had never seen each other before.I thought even when we were winning we looked quite awful.But as ever I optimistic it will change -- or we are definately gonna be in a relegation fight.
1975 just leaving home full of hope