watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

berbatov

Started by jms, December 26, 2012, 06:24:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jms

When we signed Berba, there was no one happier than me. I had watched him for years playing at the highest level with class and style.....but at close quarters I am becoming more and more dismayed. How does a player of his quality put on a stupid vest with words on that.... show his arrogance ?
Because of it, he gets a yellow, which puts the whole team and himself under unnecessary pressure ?
What is it with blokes like him ?
And the fact that Jol metaphorically hugs him at every opportunity makes it 10 x times worse.
If I were playing alongside him in the team right now, I might feel tempted to 'do a Baird ' on him in  training....and I'm a pacifist !
Sadly I feel Berba is becoming our achilles heel......
I so hope I'm wrong  :dft006:

Denver Fulham

The OP is ... ummmm ... errrrr .... yeah.  :doh:

Robbie

I am starting to agree, he also is often very selfish on the ball, today he refused to come back on-side. He missed that sitter of a header in the first half. 

Fulham_Surrey

No, Berba has many weaknesses, the fact that he should apply himself harder on the defensive end particularly, but this was a dig at Jol as Jol has played him at midfield ever since Ruiz got injured which coincides with all our losses.  But I do agree that it was stupid.  Show the sign, dont take the team shirt off, because the yellow card was for taking his team shirt off.  The good thing about this is that Berba is showing emotion.  When that happens, he plays better.

zzamora

Quote from: jms on December 26, 2012, 06:24:50 PM
When we signed Berba, there was no one happier than me. I had watched him for years playing at the highest level with class and style.....but at close quarters I am becoming more and more dismayed. How does a player of his quality put on a stupid vest with words on that.... show his arrogance ?
Because of it, he gets a yellow, which puts the whole team and himself under unnecessary pressure ?
What is it with blokes like him ?
And the fact that Jol metaphorically hugs him at every opportunity makes it 10 x times worse.
If I were playing alongside him in the team right now, I might feel tempted to 'do a Baird ' on him in  training....and I'm a pacifist !
Sadly I feel Berba is becoming our achilles heel......
I so hope I'm wrong  :dft006:

Don't worry, you are wrong.

ScalleysDad

Do you remember that TEAM that tore Norwich to shreds and had the Old Trafford faithful yelling for the final whistle. Yes that TEAM!!

Denver Fulham

Quote from: ScalleysDad on December 26, 2012, 06:57:08 PM
Do you remember that TEAM that tore Norwich to shreds and had the Old Trafford faithful yelling for the final whistle. Yes that TEAM!!

Do you remember that GUY wearing No. 30 for us in those games? Yes, that DEMBELE.

bmasar

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but I thought the message on his shirt was a message to the supporters. As in, Keep calm (, Fulham supporters) and carry on (AKA keep feeding me the ball)

itombomb

The refusal to work back to get onside when it was clear all we were able to do is hoof it upfield was real problem, but the fact so many of our players are only capable of hoofing it upfield is a problem that we should not have.

EJL

I'm not sure how I would take it if I were one of his team-mates. It's great to see from a fan's point of a view, but you might not be so appreciative as a player.

bill taylors apprentice

One man does not make a team, but one man can make a difference if you play to his strengths.
We are not playing to his strengths,, in fact we are lacking 3 or 4 players who can ensure the team do that. 

somerset cockernee

fact is,most players of that calibre have similar arrogance

Fletchino

I wonder how long his been wearing it for?

White Noise

The evolution of Berba. Brace yourselves for a beard.

Travers Barney

He is a player of beauty for sure.

Getting booked self indulging like he did however was appalling...he's 32 years old.

Could have got sent off shortly after...how reckless would that have been both for today and any subsequent game/s?.

He'll never ever really be 'Fulham's No 9' in my eyes.

Should be fined.

coyw

We are the whites