watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Richardson told off

Started by Lighthouse, December 27, 2012, 11:57:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

With news that QPR want Brede for 4 million poor old Kieran Richardson has been told off by Jol according to the Mirror -

Kieran Richardson was dumped by Martin Jol after being told he has not been good enough - or fit enough.

Former England midfielder Richardson, Fulham's £2million summer buy, was axed for their Boxing Day draw with Southampton.

Richardson had a heart-to-heart with boss Jol after they were thrashed by Liverpool last week.

Jol said: "Richardson isn't producing what I want him to produce. He's lacking spark, fitness.

"I want him to do well and be better than what I've got. He knows and he wants to do better."

Fulham may also enter the January market after Jol admitted Fulham could be sucked into the relegation scrap
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

NFP

Thank bloody god. been useless since he came here.

JackyFulham90

Fair play to Jol for his honesty, Richardson is a decent proven premiership player but he has certainly yet to produce in a Fulham shirt

St Eve

As I said weeks ago he is no more than a journeyman and is just not good enough. Cut our losses and ship him out

RaySmith

Give the bloke a chance - he is  a better player than he has appeared so far - returning from injury, in  new to him and struggling team, he has, at least ,scored a great goal.

'Journeyman' - well, what's wrong with that ? most of out team are journeymen. I think he could still do a good job for the team - be a Sidwell type  of player.

tommy

I think he should be playing LB behind Kaca. Give Riise a rest.

CurryForMario

I honestly think he will improve. He's got a really good left foot, and I feel he could be an effective player for us. He needs one more chance - and needs to prove himself.
He gets the ball, he scores a goal, he loves to play for Martin Jol - Dimitar Berbatov - Fulham's Number Nine!

Burt

I'm all for giving people chances but he has had the starts here and has just not cut it, or shown the potential that he is capable of doing so.

How many more chances should he get?

JustOverTheRiver

I whole heartedly agree those saying that we should try him at left back. Riise has looked a clown of late.

Matt Inglis

Given his current lack of confidence and control, I would not put him in our already struggling defense. He will come good, I'm sure of it, but for now he needs to stick to 15 minute cameos, eventually he'll find his feet.
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

Julius Geezer

Thought Richardson was a dodgy signing from the off.

Everything he's done so far has confirmed that.

Oiseau

I thought Richardson looked quite good against Southampton away...

It's sloppy if his fitness is below par and he definitely has been looking off. That's not good enough. I didn't think he looked worse than the rest of our squad against QPR, though.

I do think that we should give Richardson a second chance to pull his socks up. Jol bought him for a reason - he should hopefully come good.

earlbeatty

For one moment I had the hope that this was a spelling mistake and should have read "sold off"!!

Personally, I don't think he has it anymore, but if Jol has given him a kick up the proverbial, let's see if it has the desired effect. I do hope that Jol has been laying into one or two other players and starts to turn things around.

EB

fulhamben

i hate richardson, but id start in him bairds position any day of the week
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

LRCN

he is certainly better than what he is producing at the moment.

Robbie

Time for Brede and Riise to go ... both are now done

JackyFulham90

Richardson could do well at left back give him a chance as Riise has been awful

MikeCdawg

he is a good player and a great squad player to have. i think we need to give him a chance. although fair play to jol, he's not one of those managers that always comes out and defends his players i.e wenger. players need to be told to get their act together or they wont be playing.

St Eve

Quote from: RaySmith on December 28, 2012, 07:29:08 AM
Give the bloke a chance - he is  a better player than he has appeared so far - returning from injury, in  new to him and struggling team, he has, at least ,scored a great goal.

'Journeyman' - well, what's wrong with that ? most of out team are journeymen. I think he could still do a good job for the team - be a Sidwell type  of player.
?? Sidwell is not good enough either

epsomraver

Without Sidwell we would even further in the mire, voted man of the match last three games he has played and he is no good according to you?