more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Finally...Much happier after today - merged

Started by Count Berbatov, December 29, 2012, 04:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Count Berbatov

Quote from: epsomraver on December 29, 2012, 06:31:22 PM
Shame your namesake only is putting in a token appearance of late, apart from a couple of nice touches he was awol for most of the game.

Strange, that's nit how I saw it. And I'm not shy from pointing my finger at him when deserved
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Jack Fulham

agree, a much better performance than we have seen recently. Tremmel, the Swansea keeper was man of the match for me.

CurryForMario

If we continue to play like we did today there's not a chance we will get relegated
He gets the ball, he scores a goal, he loves to play for Martin Jol - Dimitar Berbatov - Fulham's Number Nine!

domprague

After the insipid displays against Newcastle and Southampton, I left the Cottage much happier today.
I loved watching our side rip Swansea apart. OK, we lost but we had 60% possession against a side renowned for keeping the ball.
Had the offside 'goal' been allowed or Ruiz's free kick gone in or the Swansea keeper not played a blinder while we gifted them their second... we'd have had 3 points easy.
If we can keep up this tempo, skill level and commitment then we'll be top half come the season end.
The win over Newcastle changed nothing. This performance could be the turning point for our season.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

epsomraver

Quote from: Count Berbatov on December 29, 2012, 06:52:42 PM
Shame your namesake only is putting in a token appearance of late, apart from a couple of nice touches he was awol for most of the game.

Strange, that's nit how I saw it. And I'm not shy from pointing my finger at him when deserved

I sat in the JH stand and saw it first hand, he is a showman and that is all he is

rusty shackleford

i hope to god that Ruiz is fit the rest of the season. Best player on the pitch by a mile.

Dejagah and Frei, good efforts but very one dimensional. Need more playing time.

Frei is especially frustrating. He can have you pulling your hair out but then pull off a moment of magic like he did for our goal.

filham

I agree a good performance today,the best for a while and we learnt a few things.

1. We need some experience and class in midfield, The Ancient Greek did well today and helped to make a dfference.

2. Schwarzwer remains the best keeper at the club.

3. The best two wide men, when fit are Duff and Dejagah.

4. We are a better team going forward and must stop trying to sit on a one goal lead as we did against Southampton.

5. Ruiz is class but needs to keep free from injury and is wasted in a wide  position.

6. Briggs and Frei playing together is an invitation to teams to counter attack our left flank.

Willard

Quote from: epsomraver on December 29, 2012, 08:39:17 PM

I sat in the JH stand and saw it first hand, he is a showman and that is all he is

I was also in the JH Stand and saw it first hand. I thought he, Berbatov, did very well indeed. I'm pleased we've got him in the team.

I expect to see him contribute to our survival.

JackyFulham90

I thought we played well today although I still think it was a really poor decision to take Dejagah off

A Humble Man

A lot of encouraging things not least that we created lots of chances on on another day would have scored a hatful of goals
We Are Fulham, Believe.

JackyFulham90

Thought we played well today, am so gutted we lost the game today

Things I learnt today

Schwarzer is still the best keeper we have
Briggs deserves a run at left back
Kacaniklic should get a run left mid
Ruiz is by far our best player
Dejagah offers us pace and we never threaten as much when he goes off
Riether is top class and we need to sign him now
With Duff , Diarra & Petric back we can push for the top 10

Matt Inglis

I was angry about Stockdale when I left the ground. However, after a 5 minute cooling period I found my self much, much happier than after the draw with Southampton. This is the start of our corner turn!
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

Count Berbatov

Quote from: epsomraver on December 29, 2012, 08:39:17 PM

I fear, no matter where you're seeing this from, you'll always see it that way. Hopefully, he can score a few more along with the tricks he pulls
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

St Eve

I agree with that. I would add

Frei looks great
Never ever think about playing Senderos instead of Hughes

JackyFulham90

Yeah I hope this is Senderos last season in a Fulham shirt, yeah Frei did well today was unlucky to come off

CH FFC

Frei should only be used as a sub....at least for a while.  He is not the finished product!
Briggs did well, and needs to stay in the line up.
Berbatov needs to stop floating in and out of games.
Ruiz needs to stay fit.
Stockdale should be given another couple of games.
Dejagah also needs to stay in the line up.
We still need to sign a Ruiz/Berbatov level player, and a solid CM with vision.  Also sign Riether permanently, and bring in a really good CB.

These are things that I feel will help contribute to a successful season....top 10

In any case, it's good to see the team actually show up and try to move forward!!
For the first time in a while, I felt that we were going to come back and win.  Lately it's been "not again!".

epsomraver

Dejagah looked very tired and that is why he was subbed.

St Eve

Quote from: CH FFC on December 29, 2012, 09:57:34 PM
Frei should only be used as a sub....at least for a while.  He is not the finished product!
Briggs did well, and needs to stay in the line up.
Berbatov needs to stop floating in and out of games.
Ruiz needs to stay fit.
Stockdale should be given another couple of games.
Dejagah also needs to stay in the line up.
We still need to sign a Ruiz/Berbatov level player, and a solid CM with vision.  Also sign Riether permanently, and bring in a really good CB.

These are things that I feel will help contribute to a successful season....top 10

In any case, it's good to see the team actually show up and try to move forward!!
For the first time in a while, I felt that we were going to come back and win.  Lately it's been "not again!".
No Frei needs to start. He will only get better

TonyGilroy

I thought it was a spirited, lively performance and if we keep this up the results will come. No complaints from me although we do need to talk about Stockdale.

LBNo11

Quote from: Count Berbatov on December 29, 2012, 04:52:41 PM
Finally some spirit from the team. The result apart. This was a game both beautiful and ugly, but definitely exciting

Remaining optimistic for the future  

...agreed, although we lost we had a go, we took shots and the players covered each other, the young'ans played an important part. Although fed up with losing - again - I felt less angry as we didn't capitulate like the previous three outings...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC