more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Finally...Much happier after today - merged

Started by Count Berbatov, December 29, 2012, 04:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Count Berbatov on December 29, 2012, 04:56:59 PM
I think the answer to the midfield troubles has been found.

Ruiz-Sidwel-Karagounis

+1.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: St Eve on December 29, 2012, 10:03:17 PM
Quote from: CH FFC on December 29, 2012, 09:57:34 PM
Frei should only be used as a sub....at least for a while.  He is not the finished product!
Briggs did well, and needs to stay in the line up.
Berbatov needs to stop floating in and out of games.
Ruiz needs to stay fit.
Stockdale should be given another couple of games.
Dejagah also needs to stay in the line up.
We still need to sign a Ruiz/Berbatov level player, and a solid CM with vision.  Also sign Riether permanently, and bring in a really good CB.

These are things that I feel will help contribute to a successful season....top 10

In any case, it's good to see the team actually show up and try to move forward!!
For the first time in a while, I felt that we were going to come back and win.  Lately it's been "not again!".
No Frei needs to start. He will only get better

Agreed. Kaca has had time to develop so Frei should be given the same.

Julius Geezer

Whether Dejagah was tired - I don't know, he had done a lot of running.

But as soon as that sub happened we lost all our shape, and from looking like getting an equaliser, we looked like we would concede again.

Can't really fault the performance though for commitment.

We deserved a point and had it not been for 2 howlers from Stockdale and a couple of top class saves from Tremmel, we might have been celebrating a much needed 3 points.

Briggs was a good choice in left back. Riether solid as ever. I thought all the defence done their bit. Although if Michu was there today they might of had a harder task.

Sidwell, Ruiz and Karagounis were excellent. In particular the second half showing. Dejagah and Frei were bright and gave us options.

Berbatov wasn't at his best, but I'm still not sure he is playing the sort of role he should be. Some of his deftly touches and awareness was exceptional though.

On todays performance, a win looks like its on the cards. We just need that extra bit of confidence to go and kill teams off.

Such is football though, the longer we go without a win the harder its going to be to get one.

ScalleysDad

After giving Jol a bit of a roasting earlier in the week I think its only fair I offer a thumbs up for making the quite substantial changes that he did. The substitutions still baffled me a bit but niggles and tiredness I suppose. Generally we certainly looked better before the changes so perhaps quicker out of the blocks and actually nail some of the opportunities next time out and those points will come. 

aussierod

Quote from: The Moose on December 29, 2012, 10:14:52 PM
Quote from: Count Berbatov on December 29, 2012, 04:56:59 PM
I think the answer to the midfield troubles has been found.

Ruiz-Sidwel-Karagounis

+1.

Until Diarra returns, when I think it should be a midfield 5 of Dejagah - Sidwell - Ruiz - Diarra - Kacaniklic/Frei

I know people are finding faults in Dejagah's performance but I really think his linking up with Reither brings out the best in our German built RB. When comparing Duff vs Dejagah purely on individual player performance I think Duff is slightly a better overall player but I think Dejagah's combination and linking with Reither makes him the better option when we want to attack sides, but we should use Duff when we want to be more solid against sides with quality LB's who are looking to attack us down that side
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts