watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Player ratings

Started by Beefy, December 29, 2012, 05:12:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beefy

I know everyone is frustrated right now, but putting emotions aside for a minute one has to admit that the scoreline doesn't do justice to today's performance. This is the best Fulham has played in two months or more.

Regarding player ratings, I think everyone can agree that by far and away Bryan Ruiz was our best player and by the same margin Stockdale was our worst.

Berbatov        7 
Briggs           6
Dejagah         6 
Frei               6
Hangeland      7
Hughes          6
Karagounis     (edit: 5)
Riether          7
Rodallega       4
Ruiz              10
Senderos       3
Sidwell          6
Stockdale       0

Conclusion: Yes I'm disappointed with the result, but I am not disappointed by the performance.

Count Berbatov

Karagounis is in no way a 2. I'd give him and Sidwell a 7 for dominating the midfield
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Mr Fulham

berbatov        4
briggs            7
Dejagah         5
Frei               7
Hangeland      5
Hughes          6
Karagounis     5
Riether          7
Rodallega       4
Ruiz              8
Senderos       3
Sidwell          6
Stockdale       6

alfie

Quote from: Beefy on December 29, 2012, 05:12:56 PM
I know everyone is frustrated right now, but putting emotions aside for a minute one has to admit that the scoreline doesn't do justice to today's performance. This is the best Fulham has played in two months or more.

Regarding player ratings, I think everyone can agree that by far and away Bryan Ruiz was our best player and by the same margin Stockdale was our worst.

Berbatov        7 
Dejagah         6 
Frei               6
Hangeland      7
Hughes          6
Karagounis     2
Riether          7
Rodallega       4
Ruiz              10
Senderos       3
Sidwell          6
Stockdale       0

Conclusion: Yes I'm disappointed with the result, but I am not disappointed by the performance.

Hell what must i be thinking i thought karagounis was almost our best player, the guy was everywhere.

I think i know why hangeland passes back, he certainly cannot make a decent forward pass.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

YankeeJim

Take away Stockdale's flub and I think he was a six. Ruiz was good, but a ten? Come now.
Senderos didn't do much but a 3? The ancient Geek certainly deserves at least a five. He wasn't bad at all and he did put out the effort. He needs to play until Diara is back (if ever).

I think your frustration is showing in your ratings.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

CanadianCottager

13- Stockdale 4.5 Did well enough shot stopping, but his punching was poor and his distribution literally cost us the game. Looks like he's been learning too much from Mark this season. We need a new keeper, Sinan Bolat anyone?
27- Riether 6.5 Solid if unspectacular, did everything required of him. Link up play with Ashkan was superb as per usual.
18- Hughes  6 Solid performance. Nonetheless, the centrebacks must take some blame for the first goal, they were both caught ball-watching
5- Hangeland 6 See Hughes
17- Briggs 7 John Arne who? Got a chance to prove his worth today and grasped it with both hands, gutsy performance going forward and on the back foot. Well done.
24- Dejagah 6.5 Excellent in the first half, links up well with Ruiz and Riether. His imprecision in the final third was frustrating, but Fulham was a much better side with him on the pitch
7- Sidwell 7 Had some job cut out for him today neutralizing a typically brilliant Swansea midfield and did it brilliantly.
14- Karagounis 6 Can't fault the workrate, can fault the execution at times. Lost the ball a good deal going forward.
21- Frei 7.5 All over Swansea's backline, was one of Fulham's most dangerous on the day, seems to have claimed a starting spot
11- Bryan 9 Well, well, well. If thats not what a 10 million pound player looks like than I don't know what to say. Jol had put all the weight of the world today on his shoulders with his emphasis on his importance to the squad, and Bryan reacted brilliantly. All over Swansea from the outset, could have had a hat-trick against a lesser goal keeper. Take a bow son, take a bow.
9- Berbatov 6.5 Looked dangerous, has a great understanding with Bryan, but could have been sharper in front of goal.

20- Rodallega N/A Hardly got in it
4- Senderos N/A see above

Note to mods, sorry didn't see the other thread, please feel free to merge this post with it

Lighthouse

Quote from: Mr Fulham on December 29, 2012, 05:15:53 PM
berbatov        4
briggs            7
Dejagah         5
Frei               7
Hangeland      5
Hughes          6
Karagounis     5
Riether          7
Rodallega       4
Ruiz              8
Senderos       3
Sidwell          6
Stockdale       6

Think Stockdale deserves a 4 but this seems about right to me.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

IranianCottager

Stockdale - 4
Riether - 6
Hughes - 6
Hangeland - 6
Briggs - 6
Sidwell - 7
Karagounis - 6
Dejagah - 6
Frei - 7
Ruiz - 8
Berbatov - 6

RoyTund

Reither better than a 6 surely.

JustOverTheRiver

Stockdale - 3 - sorry mate you had a bad game.
Riether - 7 - very effective all game
Hughes - 6 - fine
Hangeland - 6 - fine, still some dodgy passing though
Briggs - 6 - i was impressed with this guy today
Sidwell - 7 - he is actually on a slight run of form, lets hope it continues
Karagounis - 6 - horror challenge but good otherwise
Dejagah - 5 - showing promise but makes some strange decisions
Frei - 6 - very promising
Ruiz - 7 - first proper game back, he will be even better next time
Berbatov - 5 - love the guy but i wish he was more effective...

IranianCottager

^ Riether did well, but I've seen better from him. Once Dejagah went out (both vs Southampton and today vs Swansea), he disappeared from the game, along with the right-side as a whole.

But a 7 would be fair too, he was definitely one of the better players.

Count Berbatov

I'm sorry, I kept an eye on two games, but I think the midfield players all deserve credit, especially in the second half.
Defense, goal keeper, and partially the frontmen lower ratings, but how can you give the central 3 such low ratings?! Specifically Karragounis
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Beefy

I forgot to add Briggs to the list. He did well. I give him a 6.

Jamie88

Why do so many people think Riether is a 6? He literally did nothing wrong today! (I think...)

Burt

I was there but looking at the ratings I must have been at a different match  :dft002:

Stockdale - 5, average, but let him keep his place to gain the confidence.
Riether - 6, solid.
Hughes - 6, solid.
Briggs - 6, some good, some errors, must give him the opportunities to develop his game.
Hangeland - 6, good in the air, average on the ground, non existent as a leader.
Sidwell - 7, spirit and energy personified.
Karagounis - 6, apart from the card, he looked good.
Dejagah - 6, busy, pacey, created problems, just needs a bit more refinement.
Frei - 6, can't understand why he was slated by a couple behind me every time he did anything.
Ruiz - 8, my man of the match, although set piece deliveries could have been better.
Berbatov - 6, still showed class whenever he did get service.

Bill2

Quote from: Jamie88 on December 29, 2012, 06:14:17 PM
Why do so many people think Riether is a 6? He literally did nothing wrong today! (I think...)
Was poor going forward, didn't want to run into the wide position and could have caused moter problems if he had. Defended OK but would not give him more than 6. Sidwell was excellent and worked his socks off.

simplyfulham

Quote from: Mr Fulham on December 29, 2012, 05:15:53 PM
berbatov        4
briggs            7
Dejagah         5
Frei               7
Hangeland      5
Hughes          6
Karagounis     5
Riether          7
Rodallega       4
Ruiz              8
Senderos       3
Sidwell          6
Stockdale       6

You might be giving slightly too much credit to Frei (who left Briggs exposed at times in the first half and gave the ball away in some troubling areas)..

And you seem unnecessarily harsh on Dejagah (who disappointed in the box but worked hard backwards and in building up play)

Otherwise - totally agree

Jamie88

Quote from: Bill2 on December 29, 2012, 06:31:23 PM
Quote from: Jamie88 on December 29, 2012, 06:14:17 PM
Was poor going forward, didn't want to run into the wide position and could have caused moter problems if he had. Defended OK but would not give him more than 6. Sidwell was excellent and worked his socks off.

He definitely wasnt poor going forward, the link-up play between him and Dejagah was very good I felt, and don't really recall him giving the ball away..

Fulham_Surrey

Stockdale - 2
Riether - 6
Hughes - 6
Hangeland - 6
Briggs - 6
Sidwell - 7
Karagounis - 6
Dejagah - 4 (some very poor crosses, one of which was a certain goal)
Frei - 6
Ruiz - 8 (our most vital player)
Berbatov - 6 (played very well, but BIG error not staying onside for the equilizer)

Zu-Meister

thought karagounis was good, gave our midfield fluidity.