watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Today's team is our best (ex-Stockdale) - we should stick with it - discuss

Started by Robbie, December 30, 2012, 12:13:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robbie

Duff is the only one I am undecided about. Riise is now done, Briggs should start. Stockdale had a mare, rest him until we have 35 points.

CanadianCottager

I agree, I only just prefer Duff to Dejagah though as what he lacks in pace he makes up for in his football IQ advantage over Dejagah

Bassey the warrior

JackyFulham90

Max Headroom

Stock dale had a nightmare today......

But aside from the one kicking error his distribution was excellent. We had 60 per cent possession. With Schwarzer it would have been 30

Snibbo

Quote from: Max Headroom on December 30, 2012, 12:55:39 AM

But aside from the one kicking error his distribution was excellent. We had 60 per cent possession. With Schwarzer it would have been 30
I was wondering about that, as I didn't watch the game. Having decent distribution from the keeper takes a huge amount of pressure off.

JHunter_Fulham4Life

Quote from: CanadianCottager on December 30, 2012, 12:23:02 AM
I agree, I only just prefer Duff to Dejagah though as what he lacks in pace he makes up for in his football IQ advantage over Dejagah

Agreed. We need to get Diarra back, though. Sidwell needs a reliable partner -- another thing for the January wish list.

IranianCottager

Duff used to play LM and is left-footed, I don't understand why we can't try Dejagah on the right and Duff on the left, since I at least rate both over Kacaniklic and Frei.

JackyFulham90

Duff should have to earn his place back, Diarra I would bring back in as he has been missed, assuming Schwarzer , Diarra & Duff are back fit at West Brom I would go

Schwarzer

Riether Hughes Hangeland Briggs

Dejagah Diarra Sidwell Kacaniklic

Ruiz

Berbatov

Subs - Stockdale , Riise , Baird , Karagounis , Frei , Duff , Rodallega

psand22

Duff doesn't have to prove anything to me.  He needs to start, when he's fit.  Let's hope Schwarzer and Diarra are ready as well for WBRM.

JackyFulham90

I rate Duff he is key for us but Dejagah has impressed me think he deserves to start at West Brom

IranianCottager

If Duff can play vs West Brom, I would start him over Dejagah on Tuesday.
Ashkan needs a break, he showed signs of fatigue vs Swansea in the second-half due to starting all three games this week.

Beefy

Take Stockdale out and this is our best team.

Duff might also be better than Kaca or Frei but definately not better than Dejagah. Our left-wing should be a revolving door for Kaca, Frei and Duff each game based on who shows they deserve it more.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on December 30, 2012, 12:46:07 AM
Our best starting team includes Diarra & Duff

Forgot about them. Duff should definitely come in, but I think Kara and Sidwell deserve another chance.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: IranianCottager on December 30, 2012, 01:42:07 AM
Duff used to play LM and is left-footed, I don't understand why we can't try Dejagah on the right and Duff on the left, since I at least rate both over Kacaniklic and Frei.

I think the reason is he's too slow to play an out and out winger.

Beefy

Honest question to people that are so enthusiastic about Duff: Are yall judging Duff based on performances throughout his career or based on the last few seasons?

HatterDon

Quote from: Snibbo on December 30, 2012, 01:00:02 AM
Quote from: Max Headroom on December 30, 2012, 12:55:39 AM

I was wondering about that, as I didn't watch the game. Having decent distribution from the keeper takes a huge amount of pressure off.

Stockdale played poorly today -- the poorest I've ever seen him play in a fulham shirt. Having said that, without his distribution, we don't have 20+ shots today.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

RaySmith

Stockdale nearly gave me a heart attack each time he passed the ball to a defender with opposing players lurking. And that 'pass' blasted at Hangeland, which brought about  their second goal!

I fact, I generally had a feeling of chronic insecurity with Stockdale, which I don't have with Swarchz. I thought this game showed how much we rely on MS, and how important a top class keeper is.

It also showed how  thin our squad is - when we have to bring in inadequate replacements for injured players - such as senderos, Kelly and  Stockdale for example.

Well, at least we  are supposed to be signing a young, top class keeper - but from today's bitter perspective  one thinks it's a bit like shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted.

Count Berbatov

Keep the core of this team in Berba; Ruiz, Sidwell, Karagounis;
The rest play on form
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"